the Ferret
Road warrior
LongRanger_imp said:6’6”. 6’4”, I wish!
:rofl: at 6'6" I'd be breathing different air.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
LongRanger_imp said:6’6”. 6’4”, I wish!
Indeed I understood exactly what he wanted to say without the PC culture filters that are imposed on the world on a daily basis. I am European and live in the middle east, and that's how we talk as well in my homeland and my second home.alprider_imp said:ale72
dont worried
i understood your words by the first time in what sense you meant it : or just as nothing bad / no attack against someone ....
i haven't understood all this reactions of the members here...
btw.
ale72: regards from switzerland

EmptySea_imp said:Other than a couple of "stupidests", I don't see that anything in this thread rises even close to my definition of shaming. The language barrier is a problem for the OP since his translations are coming off in an absolutist sort of way - "The bike IS boring..." as opposed to "I FIND the bike boring...". I don't know about others, but when folks talk in this manner, it makes me defensive of my own subjective opinions. However, he also did add in the original post "What do you think?" and, in my opinion, that opens the discussion up to rebuttal.
"Absolutist" may not be the right word, but I don't have a better one and this is my native language. We all speak that way at times, though; "Sushi is terrible" instead of "I don't like sushi", "Harleys stink" instead of....oh wait, that's not a great example (LOL), "The CB1100 is too small" instead of "I don't fit well on the CB1100". Most of us, I think, try to avoid these more absolute statements on this forum because we understand that the reader doesn't always "hear" the typed words the way that we hear them when we type them and that they are typing their opinion instead of facts.
This is definitely off-topic, but it might be a good time to remind ourselves that we should be just a little more careful about what we type on the screen.
Oh...and the bike fits me just fine, has enough power for me, runs like a top, and I will own my CB1100 until I can no longer ride a motorcycle. I did replace the seat, though.![]()
EmptySea_imp said:Other than a couple of "stupidests", I don't see that anything in this thread rises even close to my definition of shaming. The language barrier is a problem for the OP since his translations are coming off in an absolutist sort of way - "The bike IS boring..." as opposed to "I FIND the bike boring...". I don't know about others, but when folks talk in this manner, it makes me defensive of my own subjective opinions. However, he also did add in the original post "What do you think?" and, in my opinion, that opens the discussion up to rebuttal.
"Absolutist" may not be the right word, but I don't have a better one and this is my native language. We all speak that way at times, though; "Sushi is terrible" instead of "I don't like sushi", "Harleys stink" instead of....oh wait, that's not a great example (LOL), "The CB1100 is too small" instead of "I don't fit well on the CB1100". Most of us, I think, try to avoid these more absolute statements on this forum because we understand that the reader doesn't always "hear" the typed words the way that we hear them when we type them and that they are typing their opinion instead of facts.
This is definitely off-topic, but it might be a good time to remind ourselves that we should be just a little more careful about what we type on the screen.
Oh...and the bike fits me just fine, has enough power for me, runs like a top, and I will own my CB1100 until I can no longer ride a motorcycle. I did replace the seat, though.![]()
MTC.EmptySea_imp said:Other than a couple of "stupidests", I don't see that anything in this thread rises even close to my definition of shaming. The language barrier is a problem for the OP since his translations are coming off in an absolutist sort of way - "The bike IS boring..." as opposed to "I FIND the bike boring...". I don't know about others, but when folks talk in this manner, it makes me defensive of my own subjective opinions. However, he also did add in the original post "What do you think?" and, in my opinion, that opens the discussion up to rebuttal.
"Absolutist" may not be the right word, but I don't have a better one and this is my native language. We all speak that way at times, though; "Sushi is terrible" instead of "I don't like sushi", "Harleys stink" instead of....oh wait, that's not a great example (LOL), "The CB1100 is too small" instead of "I don't fit well on the CB1100". Most of us, I think, try to avoid these more absolute statements on this forum because we understand that the reader doesn't always "hear" the typed words the way that we hear them when we type them and that they are typing their opinion instead of facts.
This is definitely off-topic, but it might be a good time to remind ourselves that we should be just a little more careful about what we type on the screen.
Oh...and the bike fits me just fine, has enough power for me, runs like a top, and I will own my CB1100 until I can no longer ride a motorcycle. I did replace the seat, though.![]()
You're still a Heathen.EmptySea_imp said:Other than a couple of "stupidests", I don't see that anything in this thread rises even close to my definition of shaming. The language barrier is a problem for the OP since his translations are coming off in an absolutist sort of way - "The bike IS boring..." as opposed to "I FIND the bike boring...". I don't know about others, but when folks talk in this manner, it makes me defensive of my own subjective opinions. However, he also did add in the original post "What do you think?" and, in my opinion, that opens the discussion up to rebuttal.
"Absolutist" may not be the right word, but I don't have a better one and this is my native language. We all speak that way at times, though; "Sushi is terrible" instead of "I don't like sushi", "Harleys stink" instead of....oh wait, that's not a great example (LOL), "The CB1100 is too small" instead of "I don't fit well on the CB1100". Most of us, I think, try to avoid these more absolute statements on this forum because we understand that the reader doesn't always "hear" the typed words the way that we hear them when we type them and that they are typing their opinion instead of facts.
This is definitely off-topic, but it might be a good time to remind ourselves that we should be just a little more careful about what we type on the screen.
Oh...and the bike fits me just fine, has enough power for me, runs like a top, and I will own my CB1100 until I can no longer ride a motorcycle. I did replace the seat, though.![]()

Roper_imp said:EmptySea_imp said:Other than a couple of "stupidests", I don't see that anything in this thread rises even close to my definition of shaming. The language barrier is a problem for the OP since his translations are coming off in an absolutist sort of way - "The bike IS boring..." as opposed to "I FIND the bike boring...". I don't know about others, but when folks talk in this manner, it makes me defensive of my own subjective opinions. However, he also did add in the original post "What do you think?" and, in my opinion, that opens the discussion up to rebuttal.
"Absolutist" may not be the right word, but I don't have a better one and this is my native language. We all speak that way at times, though; "Sushi is terrible" instead of "I don't like sushi", "Harleys stink" instead of....oh wait, that's not a great example (LOL), "The CB1100 is too small" instead of "I don't fit well on the CB1100". Most of us, I think, try to avoid these more absolute statements on this forum because we understand that the reader doesn't always "hear" the typed words the way that we hear them when we type them and that they are typing their opinion instead of facts.
This is definitely off-topic, but it might be a good time to remind ourselves that we should be just a little more careful about what we type on the screen.
Oh...and the bike fits me just fine, has enough power for me, runs like a top, and I will own my CB1100 until I can no longer ride a motorcycle. I did replace the seat, though.![]()
You're a Heathen.
You're still a Heathen.EmptySea_imp said:Other than a couple of "stupidests", I don't see that anything in this thread rises even close to my definition of shaming. The language barrier is a problem for the OP since his translations are coming off in an absolutist sort of way - "The bike IS boring..." as opposed to "I FIND the bike boring...". I don't know about others, but when folks talk in this manner, it makes me defensive of my own subjective opinions. However, he also did add in the original post "What do you think?" and, in my opinion, that opens the discussion up to rebuttal.
"Absolutist" may not be the right word, but I don't have a better one and this is my native language. We all speak that way at times, though; "Sushi is terrible" instead of "I don't like sushi", "Harleys stink" instead of....oh wait, that's not a great example (LOL), "The CB1100 is too small" instead of "I don't fit well on the CB1100". Most of us, I think, try to avoid these more absolute statements on this forum because we understand that the reader doesn't always "hear" the typed words the way that we hear them when we type them and that they are typing their opinion instead of facts.
This is definitely off-topic, but it might be a good time to remind ourselves that we should be just a little more careful about what we type on the screen.
Oh...and the bike fits me just fine, has enough power for me, runs like a top, and I will own my CB1100 until I can no longer ride a motorcycle. I did replace the seat, though.![]()
![]()
You're still a Heathen.EmptySea_imp said:Other than a couple of "stupidests", I don't see that anything in this thread rises even close to my definition of shaming. The language barrier is a problem for the OP since his translations are coming off in an absolutist sort of way - "The bike IS boring..." as opposed to "I FIND the bike boring...". I don't know about others, but when folks talk in this manner, it makes me defensive of my own subjective opinions. However, he also did add in the original post "What do you think?" and, in my opinion, that opens the discussion up to rebuttal.
"Absolutist" may not be the right word, but I don't have a better one and this is my native language. We all speak that way at times, though; "Sushi is terrible" instead of "I don't like sushi", "Harleys stink" instead of....oh wait, that's not a great example (LOL), "The CB1100 is too small" instead of "I don't fit well on the CB1100". Most of us, I think, try to avoid these more absolute statements on this forum because we understand that the reader doesn't always "hear" the typed words the way that we hear them when we type them and that they are typing their opinion instead of facts.
This is definitely off-topic, but it might be a good time to remind ourselves that we should be just a little more careful about what we type on the screen.
Oh...and the bike fits me just fine, has enough power for me, runs like a top, and I will own my CB1100 until I can no longer ride a motorcycle. I did replace the seat, though.![]()
That sounds like a "fishy" statementGoldOxide_imp said:It may be likely that the many hands that built the CB1100s were powered by sushi.
What have you ever caught with rice, Ferret?The ferret_imp said:Sushi isn't food, it's bait
Especilally if you are not using your own language.Paris_imp said:I have sympathy for the OP. Tone is the hardest thing to control when writing. There are no gestures or vocal inflections to help make your true meaning clear to the reader, and the written word is, at best, an awkward and unnatural means of communication.