defects CB 1100

Yes, I have the Vario foot pegs on my 2013 , 2014 and 2017 CB 1100
[/QUOTE]

Do you have a P/N for them?
Revzilla said "no match" for the MFW Vario on 2017 CB1100
 
Life would be so boring if we were all the same size and shape, and if we all like the same things. Funny enough, we all know what you are talking about because it's a fact, this bike was built for a stature of an average Japanese rider, and the engine is indeed very quiet and smooth.
I solved my riding position with an padding my seat with an extra inch of foam and putting on dirt bars (also flipped the bar mounts 180° to push them more forward)
Footpegs were never an issue because I like sitting with feet under my butt, I will occasionally put them up on the passenger pegs, too!
As for the engine, there are many things people do to make it louder and more engaging. Coming from a Guzzi, I am still enjoying the lack of noise and linear power delivery.

Good luck with whatever you choose next!

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Had you tried changing to a lower handle bar as well? I know a rider who is 182cm tall, before this he said his stock CB is not comfortable to ride for long. After he change to a lower handlebar and taller seat, he had rode few hundreds km on it and he felt the ergo is much suitable now. But I believe the real problem here is not just the ergo, but more of the "chemistry" between the rider and the bike. If it doesn't click, find something which do is a much better options. Just like a wife, some like humble quiet type, some like tough independent type. No point forcing yourself to married a type of girl who doesn't touch your heart.
 
Thread starter
thank you guys.
known that many consider the engine anonymous and many have raised the saddle and lowered the motorcycle footpegs as it is designed for Chinese and Japanese with average height different from us Westerners.
 
Rode a California before I brought it back to the dealer after a few kms and months within the warranty of the used bike and took the CB instead. I didn't regret the decision. The Guzzi had real defects. Something with the valves went wrong and he couldn't fix it. Needed a bigger operation. Reason for me to leave the Guzzi theme, although these machines are somehow nice and attractive. I still like them but would never buy one again.

The CB has no defects. It runs well. It is a bike which will fit some but not everyone. I'm not a small guy and can sit pretty on the CB and ride with her on smaller or real long trips over weeks without changing the seat or anything else and don't feel uncomfortable. But this is my impression. The engine always spreads the aura of being reliable and trustful. It never dissapointed me on 67.000km. One of the top aspects motorbikes luckely can have. I like the way it runs. Some don't as the administrator of the German W-forum. He tested the CB when the bike came out only to put her down as being boring with no kick. But he doesn't like inline fours. I think, it is the rider who brings boredom to a motorbike not the other way round. I still enjoy the CB after more than 6 years and don't share the opinions of some riders about the bike. I don't have to.
 
Thread starter
Also triumph boneville 1200 is much more comfortable than CB for both rider and passenger. Boneville is designed for European riders non Chinese e Japanese riders and size is more important, then the 1200 Triumph conveys non-anonymous Japanese emotions, my opinion.
 
If you like watercooled motorbikes, buy one! I prefer oil aircooled ones. There aren't many of them out on the market.
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Rode a California before I brought it back to the dealer after a few kms and months within the warranty of the used bike and took the CB instead. I didn't regret the decision. The Guzzi had real defects. Something with the valves went wrong and he couldn't fix it. Needed a bigger operation. Reason for me to leave the Guzzi theme, although these machines are somehow nice and attractive. I still like them but would never buy one again.

The CB has no defects. It runs well. It is a bike which will fit some but not everyone. I'm not a small guy and can sit pretty on the CB and ride with her on smaller or real long trips over weeks without changing the seat or anything else and don't feel uncomfortable. But this is my impression. The engine always spreads the aura of being reliable and trustful. It never dissapointed me on 67.000km. One of the top aspects motorbikes luckely can have. I like the way it runs. Some don't as the administrator of the German W-forum. He tested the CB when the bike came out only to put her down as being boring with no kick. But he doesn't like inline fours. I think, it is the rider who brings boredom to a motorbike not the other way round. I still enjoy the CB after more than 6 years and don't share the opinions of some riders about the bike. I don't have to.
What an interesting observation, Wisedrum. There was a long thread on this forum once about what gives a motorcycle character which never, in my view, reached any sort of sensible conclusion. You've nailed it, I think. Like Paul Simon's song One man's ceiling is another man's floor, the only real response is that 'character' is about what appeals to the individual. After all, a motorbike is a machine. How does 'character' enter into it?

Ale72, if you don't like the CB1100 or find it boring and devoid of character, that's fine. That's your judgement. Good for you. Find another bike that suits you better. Putting aside the question of language and translation, your not liking the CB1100 does not make it defective.
 
55 years old; 1.84 cm and 125 kg; - Honda cb1100 ex 2015 as standard. - I will climb 2 cm seat and 1 cm with OHLINS st36 silver rear suspension; and handlebars are 2 cm raised with a fit. I come from Africa Twin adventure sports 2018 (THAT IS A MOTORCYCLE FOR BIG TALL); and this CB1100 EX 2015 Europe; it's comfortable. it's a very important thing: it's a natural position.. Then whoever's a Moto GP PROFESSIONAL who does whatever he wants. It's my bike 6 ; Vespa 200; Yamaha XS 400; Africa Twin XRV 750; Honda CB250 two fifty; BMW k 75; Yamaha 250 majesty; Kymco SD 300 ABS; (the African twin adv sports); Forza 300 abs 2019 and this ... me and my wife (important); it's the ultimate bike -- and it's hard to say that about a motorcycle -- ; and my use is daily, in northern Spain; with cold, heat, rain ...
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
55 years old; 1.84 cm and 125 kg; - Honda cb1100 ex 2015 as standard. - I will climb 2 cm seat and 1 cm with OHLINS st36 silver rear suspension; and handlebars are 2 cm raised with a fit. I come from Africa Twin adventure sports 2018 (THAT IS A MOTORCYCLE FOR BIG TALL); and this CB1100 EX 2015 Europe; it's comfortable. it's a very important thing: it's a natural position.. Then whoever's a Moto GP PROFESSIONAL who does whatever he wants. It's my bike 6 ; Vespa 200; Yamaha XS 400; Africa Twin XRV 750; Honda CB250 two fifty; BMW k 75; Yamaha 250 majesty; Kymco SD 300 ABS; (the African twin adv sports); Forza 300 abs 2019 and this ... me and my wife (important); it's the ultimate bike -- and it's hard to say that about a motorcycle -- ; and my use is daily, in northern Spain; with cold, heat, rain ...
Maybe better responded to in the Forum "Other Bikes" section, however, how did you like your 2019 Honda Forza 300?
 
I'll get flamed for this, but I dive in anyway on engine character. The OP wrote "boring, anonymous, tasteless" which I translate to the OP experiencing a lack of character. Disagreeing responses to this has used the term "smooth". To me that's two different things. I love my CB1100 (2018 RS, 2500 km) but here I agree with the OP on lack of character and disagree with others on smooth.
Character: possibly the OP is looking for that distinct top end rush that some engines have, and the CB doesn't. The power delivery is kinda flat which I guess is an indication of good engineering and setup, but thrilling it is not. So I agree with the OP - there are many more engaging engines out there. However, for just cruising effortlessly it's great.
Vibration: I note that many of you find the CB ultra-smooth but I must say I'm surprised by the level of engine vibration. Quite noticeable. I guess I expected more from a inline four with a balance shaft AND clever handle bar vibration dampers. Sure, I can find "happy spots" in the rev range, but I've had 1200 L-Twins without balance shafts that vibrated less than the CB. So smooth, I don't know. Maybe I got a lemon, maybe I'm being unreasonable. Maybe a remap or Power Commander would fix it, but in my mind a bike like this should be ok without. I still love my CB though :)
 
Thread starter
if you have experienced the emotions that a vigorous engine can give you understand what I say, but the bike is emotion I don't care if it is perfect I want it with character, masculine
 
Mercurysilver_imp said:
Yes, I have the Vario foot pegs on my 2013 , 2014 and 2017 CB 1100

Do you have a P/N for them?
Revzilla said "no match" for the MFW Vario on 2017 CB1100
[/QUOTE]
Do you have a P/N for them?
Revzilla said "no match" for the MFW Vario on 2017 CB1100
[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly I had to "modify" something when I put the Vario pegs on my 2017 . It might have been using the spring from the OEM pegs or grinding a little of the connector but it was an very easy fix. Perhaps I had to use the pin from the OEM , I just can not remember but it worked out fine. DO NOT BE AFRAID !( joke )
 
Houtman, after searching all I could find that you did was cut the loop off the sidestand.
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
55 years old; 1.84 cm and 125 kg; - Honda cb1100 ex 2015 as standard. - I will climb 2 cm seat and 1 cm with OHLINS st36 silver rear suspension; and handlebars are 2 cm raised with a fit. I come from Africa Twin adventure sports 2018 (THAT IS A MOTORCYCLE FOR BIG TALL); and this CB1100 EX 2015 Europe; it's comfortable. it's a very important thing: it's a natural position.. Then whoever's a Moto GP PROFESSIONAL who does whatever he wants. It's my bike 6 ; Vespa 200; Yamaha XS 400; Africa Twin XRV 750; Honda CB250 two fifty; BMW k 75; Yamaha 250 majesty; Kymco SD 300 ABS; (the African twin adv sports); Forza 300 abs 2019 and this ... me and my wife (important); it's the ultimate bike -- and it's hard to say that about a motorcycle -- ; and my use is daily, in northern Spain; with cold, heat, rain ...
I am guessing there's an extra dot, or extra "c" in this sentence.
 
lol ok let me try this Euro style

Closer to 71 than 70 years old, 165 cm and 84 KG
 
Ale72_imp said:
if you have experienced the emotions that a vigorous engine can give you understand what I say, but the bike is emotion I don't care if it is perfect I want it with character, masculine
No disrespect intended here, but if you don't like the CB1100 why are you on this forum? I could care less about how masculine you are. Maybe Facebook is where you should share you personal prowess ... I'm sure the girls will flock all over you :)
 
Back
Top