Daytona Cozy Seat - A Review

motoWest_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Like many on this forum, I've struggled with comfort on the CB (for reference, I'm 5'10'', ~160lbs). My biggest gripe was that I always felt like I was subtly sliding forward into the gas tank, hence I found myself constantly re-adjusting. Being said, I decided to upgrade the seat to the Daytona Cozy. I've had the seat for about 8 months so I figured it might be helpful to potential buyers to hear about my experience so far.

Things I like:

- The seat looks much better compared to the stock seat. It's more retro and, in my opinion, fits the overall aesthetic of the bike much better.
- It's wider than the stock seat, which does equate to a more comfortable ride.

My complaints:

While I do think it's more comfortable than stock, the seat has not been the panacea I was hoping it would be. During the initial phase of the ride, I find the seat to be perfectly suitable and comfortable. However, as soon as I shift on the seat, I lose my initial indentation and find myself, once again, sliding into the gas tank.

My guess is that when I first get on the bike, I quickly create a subtle indentation/grove into the foam, which is all good and fine. The trouble is that as soon I leave that groove, the foam is perhaps trying to readjust to my new position, which incidentally makes me want to readjust due to discomfort. I should also note that I did install Genmar 1.5'' risers. My guess is that my feeling of sliding into the gas tank would be amplified without these.

Another observation I've had is that due to the wider seat, my feet tend to hang out further from the bike, hence I've missed the peg/shifter a couple of times with my toes! At times, I have had to consciously pull my feet closer to the bike, which is something I never really thought about on other bikes, or with the stock seat.

Despite these complaints, I do think I would purchase the seat again. While I am very curious about how K&H seats compare, I just couldn't justify the high price at the time I purchased the Cozy.
 
interesting review motoWest.
 
This the Cozy seat, I think...
9a77b6c221a5997122ee99096a2d3dda.jpg


And here it is on my CB...
0644fe465a610bf5f870db24d77002e6.jpg


I've not ridden the 'bike - still waiting to get approval that it's roadworthy. I won't ever be doing long distances before I sell it (I don't think!), but sat on it in the garage, it's far more comfy than the standard.
 
I think that's what I have (LOL, I probably should know this, but I don't). I don't find it better or worse for sliding forward. I do really like the extra height and I added the SitNFly mesh seat cover which I love. I don't think the seat or the cover will help with your sliding issue unfortunately. Maybe if you could add some padding right at the front edge of the seat.... If you had the SitNFly, you might be able to affix something to the top of the seat and hold it in place with the cover. That might be a cheaper alternative than to having the seat reupholstered or getting a completely new seat and it would allow you to try different padding configurations.

 
I went from stock to Corbin to the Daytona Cozy. Best seat so far. Can now ride out a tank of gas. Anything is better than the stock seat though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1f44526a16d28603005ae4d9ac45d4ee.jpg
 
A very easy and cheap cover is the stuff you use in a tool drawer or kitchen drawer to prevent things sliding. It is a kind of mesh product available anywhere and in black at Lowes.
 
Thread starter
I should clarify that I really do think the Cozy is a huge upgrade over stock, but I'm still curious about the K&H. Perhaps I'm the proverbial mouse who got the cookie!

I'd post some pictures, but the CB is all winterized up in my garage for now. I like your suggestion Houtman, I might have to try that out this spring.
 
Houtman_imp said:
A very easy and cheap cover is the stuff you use in a tool drawer or kitchen drawer to prevent things sliding. It is a kind of mesh product available anywhere and in black at Lowes.
It's great stuff! I use a piece under my magnetic tank bag to stop scratching the paint on the tank.
 
Bazbro_imp said:
This the Cozy seat, I think...
9a77b6c221a5997122ee99096a2d3dda.jpg


And here it is on my CB...
0644fe465a610bf5f870db24d77002e6.jpg


I've not ridden the 'bike - still waiting to get approval that it's roadworthy. I won't ever be doing long distances before I sell it (I don't think!), but sat on it in the garage, it's far more comfy than the standard.
have you fitted and ridden yet ? it looks great but do need one to be more comfy
 
Pauled_imp said:
Bazbro_imp said:
This the Cozy seat, I think...
9a77b6c221a5997122ee99096a2d3dda.jpg


And here it is on my CB...
0644fe465a610bf5f870db24d77002e6.jpg


I've not ridden the 'bike - still waiting to get approval that it's roadworthy. I won't ever be doing long distances before I sell it (I don't think!), but sat on it in the garage, it's far more comfy than the standard.
have you fitted and ridden yet ? it looks great but do need one to be more comfy
have you fitted and ridden yet ? it looks great but do need one to be more comfy
Not yet, I'm sad.to say... still waiting to get the darned CB750 tank from my contact in India. The 'bike is roadworthy, I'm glad to say, but it's not going far without a tank!
 
I got the Daytona cozy, and felt it to be sideways to the stock seat. Better look, but it wasn’t any more comfortable, the width kind of makes it awkward. The nail in the coffin is how far up the back end goes. I like it to be equal to the luggage rack for a big trip bag. Also it seems like the plastic tongue does not secure very well under the gas tank in front.

I picked up a k&h low from a forum member earlier this year. Super high quality seat. More comfortable but still molded too far forward. May have to bite the bullet and have a seat maker reshape it. The back is level with the luggage rack so it fits that bill.
 
Back
Top