Dart developing flyscreen for CB1100

I needed a screen, but wanted a Dart. Finally gave up and bought a Puig Plus, and love it. It's just what I wanted and thanks to this board and all the interesting people, I found the Puig.
 
terrydlargo_imp said:
I needed a screen, but wanted a Dart. Finally gave up and bought a Puig Plus, and love it. It's just what I wanted and thanks to this board and all the interesting people, I found the Puig.
+1. Puig Plus is working for me. Forum helped me select it and even saved me time installing it.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Where did you guys buy the Puig? I've found the products on the Puig website, but can't seem to locate a retail outlet.

monsterparts.com
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Where did you guys buy the Puig? I've found the products on the Puig website, but can't seem to locate a retail outlet.

monsterparts.com

monsterparts.com
Thanks Popgun, appreciate it.

I see the Puig "Naked" windscreen listed, are they generic, in that they install on the CB even though the site doesn't mention our bikes specifically?
 
Search using 2010 as the year, and it will come up, if I recall. Its the Puig Plus. You can get in clear or smoked. VFRpaul is/was the screen man (helped me greatly). You can search for his posts and see pics and all!

Edit to add: I think I paid $95 for it, plus shipping.
 
Evidently the fairy dust and magic serpant tounge that goes into these darts is in limited supply right now. That said I had one of these on my Triumph and they are top notch!
 
Steve now has a CB1100a placeholder page up on the website. It says it will be available in October. Definitely will be getting one...!
 
I swapped emails with Steve thus morning. The CB's first road trip is coming up in October. Going to AIM Expo in Orlando, and Biketoberfest in Daytona. Steve said the screens will be ready in time.
 
Interested in how it does on the highway compared to like National Cycle Deflector EX. Wondering if the Dart limits adjustability of headlight just looking at the way it's mounted.
 
ron1100_imp said:
Interested in how it does on the highway compared to like National Cycle Deflector EX. Wondering if the Dart limits adjustability of headlight just looking at the way it's mounted.
I doubt it will be nearly as effective being that it is much smaller. It's really just designed to take a tiny bit of wind force off your chest and still look aesthetically pleasing.
 
Thread starter
Just ordered mine also, in the dark tint. I'm not real crazy about having to switch out the headlight brackets, but it sounds like it was necessary for proper fitment of the screen. Now to order the type II low bars from Samurider...
ron1100_imp said:
Interested in how it does on the highway compared to like National Cycle Deflector EX. Wondering if the Dart limits adjustability of headlight just looking at the way it's mounted.
It looks like the headlight bolt can be loosened to adjust the headlight without affecting the other bolt on the screen bracket.
 
I just ordered mine. I like the look of the custom brackets, the OEM part wasn't a favorite anyway. It looks really sweet, can't wait to road test it!
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I just ordered mine. I like the look of the custom brackets, the OEM part wasn't a favorite anyway. It looks really sweet, can't wait to road test it!
Looking forward to your test report.

I've got a Spitfire shield, and it really doesn't fit right. The supplied hardware doesn't let it drop down to the headlight, and when I used longer bolts with spacers to lower it, it sat straight up vertically. So it looks kinda strange riding up high, but does do the intended job of blocking the windblast on my torso. And being down here in FL, I don't want anything too big - some air is good in the heat.
 
Back
Top