Dart developing flyscreen for CB1100

Firstfour_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
I just ordered mine. I like the look of the custom brackets, the OEM part wasn't a favorite anyway. It looks really sweet, can't wait to road test it!
Looking forward to your test report.

I've got a Spitfire shield, and it really doesn't fit right. The supplied hardware doesn't let it drop down to the headlight, and when I used longer bolts with spacers to lower it, it sat straight up vertically. So it looks kinda strange riding up high, but does do the intended job of blocking the windblast on my torso. And being down here in FL, I don't want anything too big - some air is good in the heat.
Looking forward to your test report.
Can't wait to post it!

Are you going to AIM Expo next month in Orlando? It looks like its going to be a major bike show.
 
Also just ordered the dark tint. Have one on a Bonnie, a good piece and i think it will be just right in a minimalist way for the CB.
 
Waiting to hear your inputs on HW quality, fit/finish, installation ease and flyscreen effectiveness mainly at highway speeds. I really love the look but I already have the NC wind deflector EX need to weigh my options.
 
I loved my Dart on a Bonneville. It worked better than it's size would suggest. I think he did a great job with the design of the CB1100 model and like the headlight bracket. This will be one sturdy little screen and if it's anything like the Bonneville version, it won't jiggle with every bump in the road. I can't wait to see it on members bikes.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
I loved my Dart on a Bonneville. It worked better than it's size would suggest. I think he did a great job with the design of the CB1100 model and like the headlight bracket. This will be one sturdy little screen and if it's anything like the Bonneville version, it won't jiggle with every bump in the road. I can't wait to see it on members bikes.
:thumbsup: Had a Dart flyscreen on my Bonnie as well. Very well made product and it did a greet job deflecting the wind. If I did not already have a Road Comet on my CB, I would be all over this new flyscreen from Dart.
 
I have read a bunch on these little screens... Do they really deflect a lot of air?

I am searching for a windscreen but I have read about vibration and what not with some others. This Dart one looks good with the headlamp arms and how tight it looks!
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I just ordered mine. I like the look of the custom brackets, the OEM part wasn't a favorite anyway. It looks really sweet, can't wait to road test it!
What a nice job Dart did on this!

Stylingwise, I like how the new headlight bracket now more closely matches the footpeg brackets...

7d23b7e10055157bb50bac4e924eed12.jpg


Can't quite swing one right now, but I guess it isn't too early to drop a hint or two to Santa...:angel:

Pete C
 
ThomWill_imp said:
Just placed my order. I had one on my T100 and loved the look and the function of the thing.
How well does it help to move the air from pushing on you to moving around you? Do you still get the air at the head height, or where does it hit you?
ThomWill_imp said:
Just placed my order. I had one on my T100 and loved the look and the function of the thing.
How well does it help to move the air from pushing on you to moving around you? Do you still get the air at the head height, or where does it hit you?
 
ThomWill_imp said:
dBuster_imp said:
ThomWill_imp said:
Just placed my order. I had one on my T100 and loved the look and the function of the thing.
How well does it help to move the air from pushing on you to moving around you? Do you still get the air at the head height, or where does it hit you?
ThomWill_imp said:
Just placed my order. I had one on my T100 and loved the look and the function of the thing.
How well does it help to move the air from pushing on you to moving around you? Do you still get the air at the head height, or where does it hit you?
How well does it help to move the air from pushing on you to moving around you? Do you still get the air at the head height, or where does it hit you?

I found (on my T100) that it primarily felt like it just took a lot of the straight line pressure off my chest. I did not notice a lot of change at head level. If it helps, I am 5'11" but carry most of my height from the waist up (31 inch inseam) so I ride a bit taller than I really am. I am also pudgy with gives me a sail like quality in the wind. :-D
I hope that's exactly what the Dart does on the CB. I used a Madstad bracket on my last bike and adjusted it so the airflow went from my neck up. That kept my head cool and moved the rain off my face shield, while minimizing the muscle strain at Interstate speeds.
 
Back
Top