Custom rear fender removal.

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I had my rear fender removed by a local shop and I am very happy with their work. They inspected my valves AND fabricated a custom plate using a CB750 part for $300. It was pretty close so they only had to do some light modding to it.
 
You've certainly done an amazing job customizing your CB. Good job Rob. Anything else planned?
 
Can't tell from the pick what you did with the fender. I know you had a chick design rear fender, did you chop it or put on a new fender eliminator kit??

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Sorry guys, that pic was taken at night so I know it's not the clearest. Here's a couple more shots including one of the rear. Yes, I had the Chic fender removed, but not chopped. I did not use the fender removal kit from Samurider. It was a custom job by a local shop. They actually fashioned a plate from a CB750. They tucked in the taillight under the seat for a more streamlined look.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RobertB755/media/20161231_142407_zpsus1ygjqz.jpg.html]
The ferret_imp said:

Looks-wise I think I'm about done, but you never know! Lol. Maybe some suspension mods in the future, but for now I'm pretty pleased with her.
 
It's a great job, Rob. :thumbsup:
 
That looks really neat. Well done. Sometimes pays to get a custom job done and that sounds like a good deal to me.

I've been looking for a way to do the same to mine as the plastic sheet I used to replace the rear fender is a proper bodge job even by my standards. Think I'll price up getting the original cut down by a shop and possibly the front as well, while I'm at it... thanks.
 
Man. That looks sweet. I like the way it came out wit the tail light and all. I actually shortened mine and added a strip style led tail light. With a slim license plates bracket.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
Sorry guys, that pic was taken at night so I know it's not the clearest. Here's a couple more shots including one of the rear. Yes, I had the Chic fender removed, but not chopped. I did not use the fender removal kit from Samurider. It was a custom job by a local shop. They actually fashioned a plate from a CB750. They tucked in the taillight under the seat for a more streamlined look.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RobertB755/media/20161231_142407_zpsus1ygjqz.jpg.html]
The ferret_imp said:

Looks-wise I think I'm about done, but you never know! Lol. Maybe some suspension mods in the future, but for now I'm pretty pleased with her.


Looks-wise I think I'm about done, but you never know! Lol. Maybe some suspension mods in the future, but for now I'm pretty pleased with her.
Aloha, what type of tail/brake light did you use? is it LED?
 
Rebel73_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
I'm not sure. The guys at the shop said they used an actual CB750 part for the modification. I'll see if I can find out more.
That would be great Rob, thanks.

I'm going to try contacting the seller in the morning to get some measurements. I'm going to be removing my fenders this weekend to get them powdercoated black so I'll take some measurements then too to compare.
 
Back
Top