Chic Design Front Fender Mod

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I modified my Chic Design "short" front fender today. I was afraid to shorten the fender but did remove the 4 aluminum cross braces to clean up the look. Chic Design fenders are cool but definitely have an old school look. What do you think?

d958f334ed57732171c6aeb4f88486fa.jpg
 
I had just googled Criquibi and the same photo appeared in images. It looks much cleaner without the braces. I have always admired the red fenders and I like the bigger screen on the cowl, that and the CB500 mirrors are on my list.
 
I liked the cross braces; put them back on! :angel:

But it looks good without them too.
 
Thread starter
Tim_in_AZ_imp said:
I hope they aren't needed to prevent the fender from flexing and cracking.
These fenders are very strong and extremely stiff, and the braces are purely cosmetic. I left plenty of material around the mounting holes and anticipate zero issues.

I've had the front and rear Chic Design fenders on my bike for over a year. But I always thought the front was a bit too old school.

So 7weeks ago I ordered a WM medium duck tail front fender and a Ryujin rear fender eliminator to replace both red fenders. I made a license plate holder that extends 6" below the plate and a couple weeks later modified the front.

I like front so much I'm now conflicted. I may end up keeping the Chic Design front and selling the WM front.
 
Photos of the new ones?
 
Thread starter
Chapomis - I'll probably sell the Chic Design rear and possibly the WM front. The front could arrive from Japan as early as this week.

Cormanus - I'll post pictures when the fenders arrive.
 
Back
Top