Chain Tensioner Adjustment - How To ??

markT_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
My other bikes had a section in the under seat manual on how to do this, but the CB does not.
Only done a few hundred miles of the break in period so far but would be interested on how it's done.
Can anyone point me to a thread with pics or an extract from the full service manual.
I am a 2016 CB1100ex if that makes any difference - but I suspect this will be a common process for all models.
I can see the tensioner body and I am guessing you have to remove a cover to set where the crank is before releasing the plunger / removing the assembly.
Thanks for looking guys.
 
markT_imp said:
My other bikes had a section in the under seat manual on how to do this, but the CB does not.
Only done a few hundred miles of the break in period so far but would be interested on how it's done.
Can anyone point me to a thread with pics or an extract from the full service manual.
I am a 2016 CB1100ex if that makes any difference - but I suspect this will be a common process for all models.
I can see the tensioner body and I am guessing you have to remove a cover to set where the crank is before releasing the plunger / removing the assembly.
Thanks for looking guys.
You can donwload the manual from Honda:
Manuales – Honda CDD
 
jtopiso_imp said:
markT_imp said:
My other bikes had a section in the under seat manual on how to do this, but the CB does not.
Only done a few hundred miles of the break in period so far but would be interested on how it's done.
Can anyone point me to a thread with pics or an extract from the full service manual.
I am a 2016 CB1100ex if that makes any difference - but I suspect this will be a common process for all models.
I can see the tensioner body and I am guessing you have to remove a cover to set where the crank is before releasing the plunger / removing the assembly.
Thanks for looking guys.
You can donwload the manual from Honda:
Manuales – Honda CDD
That looks like the owner's manual, which will not cover the adjustment to which he is referring. He would need the factory service manual for that.
 
Somewhere on this forum is a tutorial — how ever I tried to look for it using the search feature no luck. Seems you could look under chain adjustment , don’t know why didn’t find it. Maybe one of our esteemed moderators could help .
 
MarkT, try looking at the thread labeled Crankshaft Balancer Backlash Adjustment post #65.
Popgun may have what you are seeking. I need to learn how to post links.

Ben
 
BACKLASH ADJUSTMENT as per my 2013-14 CB1100 manual is covered on p. 11-37/38..and I assume that from 2014 and up models is the same ???
It does not say how often ??
Hope this helps.
Can send you PM/email only of service manual pics due to copyright law.
:)
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
BACKLASH ADJUSTMENT as per my 2013-14 CB1100 manual is covered on p. 11-37/38..and I assume that from 2014 and up models is the same ???
It does not say how often ??
Hope this helps.
Can send you PM/email only of service manual pics due to copyright law.
:)
thanks guys I will try and look up the article Ben refers to.

what is the symptom (sound effect) of balancer back lash anyhow?
 
cookiemech_imp said:
jtopiso_imp said:
markT_imp said:
My other bikes had a section in the under seat manual on how to do this, but the CB does not.
Only done a few hundred miles of the break in period so far but would be interested on how it's done.
Can anyone point me to a thread with pics or an extract from the full service manual.
I am a 2016 CB1100ex if that makes any difference - but I suspect this will be a common process for all models.
I can see the tensioner body and I am guessing you have to remove a cover to set where the crank is before releasing the plunger / removing the assembly.
Thanks for looking guys.
You can donwload the manual from Honda:
Manuales – Honda CDD
That looks like the owner's manual, which will not cover the adjustment to which he is referring. He would need the factory service manual for that.
That looks like the owner's manual, which will not cover the adjustment to which he is referring. He would need the factory service manual for that.
yep. Owners manual it is. I assumed he was asking about transmission chain. I see he is not.
 
So what is the question? Cam chain, drive chain, or balancer? I can help but need to know what is wanted.
 
Thread starter
Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the Confusing title - I did try to edit but I was too late when I spotted the typo.

What I was after was -

Procedure to adjust / reset the Cam Chain Tensioner device.

Sorry for any confusion.
 
I can email you the pages for it, but you need the special tool, Tension stopper P/N 070MG-0010100 or 07AMG-001A100 (U.S.A. Only). The tool is close to $105.49US dollars from Partzilla.

There is really no adjustment. You install it as per instructions, release the stopper and tighten the tensioner lifter bolt.

Its only a page and a half in the manual. PM me if you want them.
 
Thanks Peter :thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Thanks Peter :thumbsup:
Popgun + SportsterDoc + Max + peterbaron + ?? = dream team :P
You are too kind, Peter.

CT scan scheduled for tomorrow...maybe I will found the cause of what happened Aug 9/10 to my right eye.

Right eye is now moving full range to the right/almost full range to the right, but not synchronized with left eye, so double vision right of center persists.
 
Back
Top