Thread starter
But is it as good as gear oil?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

no wire wheel :-/, I used a small paint brushLord Popgun_imp said:More info Motorat. What is your method and product?
Not acetone and a wire wheel I hope![]()
, I stocked up on the Dupont Teflon multi-purpose dry wax spray lube just before it was discontinued in favor of the Chainsaver.SportsterDoc_imp said:For the CB I used Dupont Chainsaver ($7 at Walmart)
It is labeled"o-ring safe"

I stocked up on the Dupont Teflon multi-purpose dry wax spray lube just before it was discontinued in favor of the Chainsaver.Rocky_imp said:I stocked up on the Dupont Teflon multi-purpose dry wax spray lube just before it was discontinued in favor of the Chainsaver.SportsterDoc_imp said:For the CB I used Dupont Chainsaver ($7 at Walmart)
It is labeled"o-ring safe"
I have two cans untouched and one in use so I'm going to continue with my usual routine regardless, as somebody said, even though I know now I may be wrong![]()
![]()
![]()
I stocked up on the Dupont Teflon multi-purpose dry wax spray lube just before it was discontinued in favor of the Chainsaver.Rocky_imp said:I stocked up on the Dupont Teflon multi-purpose dry wax spray lube just before it was discontinued in favor of the Chainsaver.SportsterDoc_imp said:For the CB I used Dupont Chainsaver ($7 at Walmart)
It is labeled"o-ring safe"
I have two cans untouched and one in use so I'm going to continue with my usual routine regardless, as somebody said, even though I know now I may be wrong![]()
![]()
![]()
Yep, I did not like cleanig oil off the rim of my '76.LongRanger_imp said:Great video. The owner's manuals from my ex-1970 CB750K0 and ex-1978 CB750F2 both recommend using 80/90 gear oil. I guess some things never change.
Yep, I did not like cleanig oil off the rim of my '76.SportsterDoc_imp said:Yep, I did not like cleanig oil off the rim of my '76.LongRanger_imp said:Great video. The owner's manuals from my ex-1970 CB750K0 and ex-1978 CB750F2 both recommend using 80/90 gear oil. I guess some things never change.
One advantage of modern wax based spray is no fling.
Not an issue on the V7II or either Sportster!
And a great shaft drive!LongRanger_imp said:Great video. The owner's manuals from my ex-1970 CB750K0 and ex-1978 CB750F2 both recommend using 80/90 gear oil. I guess some things never change.
I Googled and a number of Canadian Stores popped up. Grabbed the tin and found it is made in Canada. Found this on the Tirox website.Gone in 60_imp said:I lamented the passing of the old formula DuPont lube. Cheap and plentiful at Walmart.
Might switch to Tirox when my Maxima supply is exhausted, but took me quite a while to get the Grease Monkey to work just right with their can...
Had to scroll back up to see your post, Nortoon. Nobody here sells it on the shelf that I’ve found.