Lord Popgun
Road warrior
My Bel Ray can says BLUE TAC CHAIN LUBE, O-X-Z RING SAFE.
Its the ultimate chain lube--must be, says so right on the can!
Its the ultimate chain lube--must be, says so right on the can!

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

I think that's just bog-standard lithium grease.wildezt_imp said:did anyone get that new honda chain lube with the white graphite in it.? i guess mine came with it on the chains when she rolled out from the dealer.. white in color..
G'day Chip,ChipBeck_imp said:There are several brands of spray chain cleaners that are proven safe for O-ring chains. Park your bike over a dirt surface up on it's center stand and spray the chain clean while you spin the rear wheel. While it's wet with the chain cleaner spin the chain through a chain cleaning brush (about $7 from Cycle Gear). After brushing it wet I spray it down once more with the cleaner to wash away whatever the brush worked loose. Let it dry for about 15 minutes and then spray it with an O-ring chain lube. Again, let it sit for 15 minutes and then ride. After my first ride I use degreaser on a rag to wipe off whatever flung off onto the rear wheel and then you're good to go. 500 mile intervals are good because it's easy to keep track of. All the best.
Chip
SanPete_imp said:Waiting for the day a maintenance free chain that last 50k is available.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
SanPete_imp said:Waiting for the day a maintenance free chain that last 50k is available.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
The ferret_imp said:SanPete_imp said:Waiting for the day a maintenance free chain that last 50k is available.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
Me too, although I do believe one could get 30,000 out of a modern oring chain without even lubing it as long as you didn't live in a gritty, dirty area. You would have to keep up on adjustments though. I'm not trying it, but I net it could be done lol
ride4now_imp said:SanPete_imp said:Waiting for the day a maintenance free chain that last 50k is available.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
It's called... a BELT! And I wish the CB had one. I've never had to do anything to the belt on my HD... it's 10 years old with 22000 miles on it. And... the rear wheel stays clean! What a concept.
Deanohh_imp said:ride4now_imp said:SanPete_imp said:Waiting for the day a maintenance free chain that last 50k is available.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
It's called... a BELT! And I wish the CB had one. I've never had to do anything to the belt on my HD... it's 10 years old with 22000 miles on it. And... the rear wheel stays clean! What a concept.
It's called... a BELT! And I wish the CB had one. I've never had to do anything to the belt on my HD... it's 10 years old with 22000 miles on it. And... the rear wheel stays clean! What a concept.
after the fourth belt broke on my Harley,(and they never broke at a convenient place or time) I put a chain on it. That was in the 90's... Maybe the belts nowadays are better than they were then.
Deanohh_imp said:ride4now_imp said:SanPete_imp said:Waiting for the day a maintenance free chain that last 50k is available.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
It's called... a BELT! And I wish the CB had one. I've never had to do anything to the belt on my HD... it's 10 years old with 22000 miles on it. And... the rear wheel stays clean! What a concept.
It's called... a BELT! And I wish the CB had one. I've never had to do anything to the belt on my HD... it's 10 years old with 22000 miles on it. And... the rear wheel stays clean! What a concept.
after the fourth belt broke on my Harley,(and they never broke at a convenient place or time) I put a chain on it. That was in the 90's... Maybe the belts nowadays are better than they were then.