chain adjustment and mufflers

jtopiso_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Hi:

Do you remove the mufflers to do a chain adjustment, or you just fiddle around them?

If you remove them: how easy/hard is it?

I have a 17RS, and yesterday I adjusted my chain (mufflers on). Access to the wheel axle nuts is fine, but the space to the tensioners is so tight that I was turning the nuts on the tensioners at a rate of 1/2 face each time. Not the most efficient way...
 
Can you use a socket with an extension rod? that way you won't have to swing a spanner fro the sides where the mufflers get in your way.
 
Thread starter
Aussieflyer_imp said:
Can you use a socket with an extension rod? that way you won't have to swing a spanner fro the sides where the mufflers get in your way.
The system on the RS requires open-end wrenches (14mm A/F). Yo need access from the side, not from the rear.

[edit:]
It's similar to this:
 
Aha, just like my old R6 and many other sports bikes. A real pain in the @#$€ to adjust but it is a reliable system. Taking all the weight off the back wheel will give the maximum access, I.e. Don't use a paddock stand to lift the rear end. You can excuse such a beautiful bike for this minor maintenance inconvenience.
 
Thread starter
Aussieflyer_imp said:
Aha, just like my old R6 and many other sports bikes. A real pain in the @#$€ to adjust but it is a reliable system. Taking all the weight off the back wheel will give the maximum access, I.e. Don't use a paddock stand to lift the rear end. You can excuse such a beautiful bike for this minor maintenance inconvenience.
ok, thx! :)

:biker:
 
Back
Top