Centerstand leans me a touch

glenridgerich_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
When I put my bike on it's centerstand, The bike leans slightly to the right. Fortunately, the bike feels solid and in no danger of falling over. That said, I'd prefer if it were perfectly straight and plum. I thought I might use a quarter inch piece of wood or something under the right footy thing unless anyone thinks thats a mistake?Any suggestions?
 
I think mine has a slight lean to the right as well. I thought it was just me imagining things but now that you brought it up I'm curious to see what others say.
 
Does it lean like that everywhere ,could be a dip on your garage floor. Check your parking spot with a good 4 foot level, or pour a cup or two of water in that location,if it pools there that might be the problem. This comes from a general contractor that specializes in concrete construction.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, it may be the floor...although it does seem pretty level...maybe I'll turn it around facing the other way and see if it's different...not gonna sweat it.
 
In any case, putting a 1/4" piece of plywood, or whatever under it is not going to hurt anything.
 
As long as it's not in danger of falling over, don't worry about it.

Edited:....Park less, worry less ;)
 
Mine seems to lean to the right on the center stand also. Must check the beer cooler to see if she's been sneaking one at night in the garage :beerchug:
 
Seabee_imp said:
Mine seems to lean to the right on the center stand also. Must check the beer cooler to see if she's been sneaking one at night in the garage :beerchug:
Haha, after a long ride, she may need it! :D
 
Thread starter
I put a 3/8 inch tile under the right side and now its perfect. It is likely the concrete floor being pitched (thanks for the tip Obleo) and not a defect in the centerstand.
 
Back
Top