CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I was a kid, in the mid 70s, it was big news that the land had started moving more than normal. There were several homes on the hillside over the ocean that had to be torn down. Today, there are still a few homes dotting the hillside, which either are not affected, or must be pretty cracked.
 
A sign to strike terror into the hearts of motorcyclists.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
A sign to strike terror into the hearts of motorcyclists.
Up here it's the deer and moose signs you have to pay attention to.
But, for some unknown reason, deer and moose don't heed any signs and can pop out anywhere.
I hand-fed a full grown 'roo in a wildlife park in Sydney, and they're quite big, but until you have been at arms length with a running moose on a motorcycle like I have, then you really know what "big" is.
The moose leaped onto the road right beside me and instead of crashing into me, it decided to run alongside for a few seconds until I hit the brakes and let it run on.
Phew, that was a close one!!
 
Yes, I've often wondered why they don't move the deer crossing sign down here by the river to a straighter section of road so they could see the traffic better. They are always getting hit on that curve where it is now! :P

Ben
 
Ben70_imp said:
Yes, I've often wondered why they don't move the deer crossing sign down here by the river to a straighter section of road so they could see the traffic better. They are always getting hit on that curve where it is now! :P

Ben
:rofl::rofl::rofl: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Yeah, I wouldn't want moose antlers across my neck at any speed.
I had just ridden through a curve and was now facing east and was hit with the morning sun just over the horizon.
I was blinded for a second and slowed down to less than 30 mph. That's how the moose was able to keep pace with me for a few seconds until I piled on the brakes.
This was on the Cabot Trail where there are thousands of moose and no natural enemies on Cape Breton Island except man.
The prior evening I left the motel and took an evening ride on the Trail and came upon a moose standing in the middle of the road. I stopped well back and waited and waited. Finally it walked off.
 
Rocky_imp said:
Ben70_imp said:
Yes, I've often wondered why they don't move the deer crossing sign down here by the river to a straighter section of road so they could see the traffic better. They are always getting hit on that curve where it is now! :P

Ben
:rofl::rofl::rofl: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Yeah, I wouldn't want moose antlers across my neck at any speed.
I had just ridden through a curve and was now facing east and was hit with the morning sun just over the horizon.
I was blinded for a second and slowed down to less than 30 mph. That's how the moose was able to keep pace with me for a few seconds until I piled on the brakes.
This was on the Cabot Trail where there are thousands of moose and no natural enemies on Cape Breton Island except man.
The prior evening I left the motel and took an evening ride on the Trail and came upon a moose standing in the middle of the road. I stopped well back and waited and waited. Finally it walked off.
One day I may return to the Cabot Trail. One thing I will always remember: Coves seem to collect alotta red jelly fish. Thankfully, not an issue for the CB.
 
Ben70_imp said:
Yes, I've often wondered why they don't move the deer crossing sign down here by the river to a straighter section of road so they could see the traffic better. They are always getting hit on that curve where it is now! :P

Ben
I love those signs! The Australian variant has something like "Wombats next 9.3 kms". I always have visions of Momma Wombat reminding her young that they can cross only between the signs.
 
The Kangaroos and Sea Turtles crossing warning signs gave me an idea to make my 2nd submittal. How about a Cow crossing warning sign.

3a29201710d182800aca8d55fa57fe29.jpg

I attached a link to an archived newspaper article from 30 Oct 2013 that reports a young lady plowing into a line of cows crossing the road with her car at this crossing. And you would never guess; a cell phone is part of this story. It's not safe with these idiots out on the road.
https://www.recordonline.com/article/20131030/News/310300325
A closer view of the crossing where the cows were hit:
99c2a48c7dcda07f4ba7bd7188e132f2.jpg
 
LOL great story Suhawk. Can't believe the girl that ran into all the cow's last name is Cowit (Cow-hit? lol)
 
Well that wouldn't be fair. Where am I going to find a cow crossing sign in L.A.?
 
love this quote

Or as Hosking put it, “If you don’t see 50 cows in the road, you’re doing something (you shouldn’t be doing).”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top