GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Yeah, it would suck to have the CB swallowed up by constant land movement.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Up here it's the deer and moose signs you have to pay attention to.Cormanus_imp said:A sign to strike terror into the hearts of motorcyclists.
Cormanus_imp said:A sign to strike terror into the hearts of motorcyclists.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:Ben70_imp said:Yes, I've often wondered why they don't move the deer crossing sign down here by the river to a straighter section of road so they could see the traffic better. They are always getting hit on that curve where it is now!
Ben

I had just ridden through a curve and was now facing east and was hit with the morning sun just over the horizon.GoldOxide_imp said:Yeah, I wouldn't want moose antlers across my neck at any speed.
One day I may return to the Cabot Trail. One thing I will always remember: Coves seem to collect alotta red jelly fish. Thankfully, not an issue for the CB.Rocky_imp said::rofl::rofl::rofl:Ben70_imp said:Yes, I've often wondered why they don't move the deer crossing sign down here by the river to a straighter section of road so they could see the traffic better. They are always getting hit on that curve where it is now!
Ben![]()
I had just ridden through a curve and was now facing east and was hit with the morning sun just over the horizon.GoldOxide_imp said:Yeah, I wouldn't want moose antlers across my neck at any speed.
I was blinded for a second and slowed down to less than 30 mph. That's how the moose was able to keep pace with me for a few seconds until I piled on the brakes.
This was on the Cabot Trail where there are thousands of moose and no natural enemies on Cape Breton Island except man.
The prior evening I left the motel and took an evening ride on the Trail and came upon a moose standing in the middle of the road. I stopped well back and waited and waited. Finally it walked off.
\'64_imp" pid="222793" dateline="1571632860 said:Cormanus_imp said:A sign to strike terror into the hearts of motorcyclists.
Floridian style!

I love those signs! The Australian variant has something like "Wombats next 9.3 kms". I always have visions of Momma Wombat reminding her young that they can cross only between the signs.Ben70_imp said:Yes, I've often wondered why they don't move the deer crossing sign down here by the river to a straighter section of road so they could see the traffic better. They are always getting hit on that curve where it is now!
Ben
