CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
71d173e0e2f33a9b5d6e1750869b3bdd.jpg
 
Got this one leaving Shingletown for Manton today on my Lassen loop...

If you can't blow it up enough to read it , it says Caution, mountain goats and snow leopards only beyond this point. That's my story...

Ben
 
zbillster_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Geez dangerous stretch of road
But SO much fun! :D https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/windiest-road-tx/
But SO much fun! :D https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/windiest-road-tx/
I hope its twistier than that video shows
But SO much fun! :D https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/windiest-road-tx/
I hope its twistier than that video shows
Ooooooh yeah ... that's a Harley video. :-/

I can't find any good videos on YouTube of the Three Twisted Sisters. I regret not bringing my action camera ... I just didn't want to hassle with it. When I got home, my front tire was cupped from all the action.

The road is very narrow with guardrails, so you don't get a lot of sports cars sharing the road with you. When I went, it wasn't very crowded at all, and any Harleys I came upon I ended up passing as they were pretty slow ...

... like this guy ... (some good shots of the curves at like 30 mph ... you may want to mute the music) ...



i cant see a narrow street in this video.........its for me like a interstate......
LOL

its only some narrow if you have problems crossing with a car and your bike....
 
The black SUV was ignoring the warning sign, and also making it way more difficult for me to get the CB and the caution sign in just one shot. So I had to take more than one.

When you leave in PALM beach county, you have to choose your parking spot wisely.

Great theme subject for the October photo challenge, Ben70 :thumbsup:
 
Ben70_imp said:
Got this one leaving Shingletown for Manton today on my Lassen loop...

If you can't blow it up enough to read it , it says Caution, mountain goats and snow leopards only beyond this point. That's my story...

Ben
I've had similar experiences in my past ... :D

d20ddd46f7af3acf206ce1016de91dc1.jpg


66890df172f74e3602b7285acfdc232f.jpg
 
LOL great sign pic '64. :thumbsup:


Great signs Zbillster. See you can't sell your bike and give up riding, we'd miss these kind of posts from you :(
 
Wow, I never realized how hazardous it can get out there! Can't even stand still without a coconut mashing you, and out in the wide open spaces a buffalo might run you down! Never mind jet aircraft! I need a bunker, not a helmet!

Ben
 
Reminds me of the time I got caught up in a traffic jam in Custer State Psrk.
Gently cruising through the park, I came up against a line of stationary cars with a herd of buffalo blocking the road and coming towards us, in between the cars. I got as close to the car in front as I could and prayed that one of the patrolling bulls wouldn't take a dislike to li'l ol' me!! I got 'examined' by one or two of the beady-eyed b***ers, but escaped. I heard that, two weeks before, a motorcyclist had been attacked in the park by buffalo.
A falling coconut would've been the least of my problems. (My coconuts fell a few years ago now...) ;)
 
That would be funny if it wasnt so sad
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Reminds me of the time I got caught up in a traffic jam in Custer State Psrk.
Gently cruising through the park, I came up against a line of stationary cars with a herd of buffalo blocking the road and coming towards us, in between the cars. I got as close to the car in front as I could and prayed that one of the patrolling bulls wouldn't take a dislike to li'l ol' me!! I got 'examined' by one or two of the beady-eyed b***ers, but escaped. I heard that, two weeks before, a motorcyclist had been attacked in the park by buffalo.
A falling coconut would've been the least of my problems. (My coconuts fell a few years ago now...) ;)
yet another buffalo story.. I was riding on hwy 33 outside of ventura ca. turning onto Lockwood valley road and after riding about 3 blocks and doing maybe 65 miles an hour, I ran across a heard of buffalo that had broken through a fence.. (I guess they do it all of the time, barbed wire doesn't stop them).. they were being lead by a big bull.. it was almost like they were stampeding, all were running.. they crossed the road, right in front of me !!.. I had taken the bull by surprise.. I was just as surprised !!.. I didn't know if I should poop or go blind.. by luck, I had startled the bull with my aggressive posture, he sped up as I, then slowing to maybe 50mph, continued forward.. I can still picture in my mind the size of that animal.. he seemed as big as a van.. I could hear his hoofs on the pavement as he was galloping and we locked eyeballs for a second or two..I passed between the bull and the heard.. in a moment it was all over, but it is something I will never forget.. evidently, there was a small ranch that was attempting to raise buffalo there..
 
You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd,
You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd,
You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd
But you can slip through on a motorcycle if you've a mind to...

Sorry, Roger Miller...

Ben
 
Have a buffalo story myself. Wife and I were riding our ST 1300 thru Yellowstone. Off to our right a big bull was running behind this big rock going to cross the road on an angle. By my calculation we would beat him to the spot at our current speed and we did, he ended up coming up on the road behind us and I took a pic of him over my shoulder. Looked like he was chasing us up the road in the photo lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top