CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
Da*n, I miss playing. :(

Mine is still in the shop since August ... headlight bucket is on back order.

So I'm going to cheat a little and post one from my June trip to the Texas Hill Country and Three Twisted Sisters.

d9260687f2aa009bf9d4ab92407d768b.jpg
Y'know, ferret, I thought about using "dang" ... :rofl:
I figured anything that can be said in a G-rated movie would be fine.
Y'know, ferret, I thought about using "dang" ... :rofl:
I figured anything that can be said in a G-rated movie would be fine.
"Darn" may have worked too. :-/

- - -

Just in case, "D-ah-ar-n" should filter through. :)
Y'know, ferret, I thought about using "dang" ... :rofl:
I figured anything that can be said in a G-rated movie would be fine.
"Darn" may have worked too. :-/

- - -

Just in case, "D-ah-ar-n" should filter through. :)
"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!" is what my mechanic friend says whenever we have to stand on a 6-foot breaker bar to break a nut loose. It may be a Texas thing. :D
 
Oh, I dunno, EmptySea, there's a case to be made that whole forum is dedicated to nuts breaking loose.
 
Not sure this will qualify as none of the bikes in the picture are a CB1100 but I couldn't resist.
I was working at a local track day delivering radios to corner workers when I noticed something that was
"in front of something elevated that shouldn’t be":
This is the bridge crossing over the track leading to the pit road.
There's a rider in full leathers and helmet hanging from the bridge
 
It appears that I have the honors, so here goes!
Photo Challenge for October:
Your CB in front of a caution sign, preferably one with a back story or special to you, like this...

This one marks the start of the section of Highway 36 between Red Bluff and Fortuna, CA. North valley to redwoods, with some great riding in between. No real services, so top up before you head over. No official rest stops either.
If you like a few small towns and rest stops, 299 just to the north is better. I alternate just for variety, or depending on road construction.
So there it is. Doesn't have to be a curve sign, but yellow/orange and black to make it seasonal. At least in this part of the world.
Happy hunting.

Ben
 
Today I was cruising around a bit and quite by chance saw this sign and a lovely old car nearby. I had to stop and shot a photo.

The TÜV sign showed formerly DEKRA. Both are inspecting cars, motorbikes and the like in a 2 year period to be safe and technically okay. I had some checked there years ago and switched to other services with not so "harsh hard engineers". The follower of Ford's Tin Lizzy has just passed the examination with succes as his owner explained in a short conversation.

Hopefully someday one will photograph my CB in doing so and feels some joy to see such an old Honda. But now it's to early for it. Maybe I'll never experience it, because I'll be long gone then.....but the Honda will still be here. I guess.



Wisedrum
 
So while she's for sale, I take her out once a week to stir the fluids and keep her healthy ... in the middle of the night on a weekday on wide, empty roads. :s

This is the most interesting warning sign I saw on tonight's 23-mile run. Experimented with the flash/no flash, and this was the best result.

I had to take a bunch in a hurry, before the nightly patrol came by, wondering what I was doing in the middle of the road taking pictures.

6c621fbab96a6033f14a1a35fb4a6a1a.jpg




If only this topic was used last June ... :P

e507aa7113052d4e501abe59863b8ede.jpg
 
zbillster_imp said:
So while she's for sale, I take her out once a week to stir the fluids and keep her healthy ... in the middle of the night on a weekday on wide, empty roads. :s

This is the most interesting warning sign I saw on tonight's 23-mile run. Experimented with the flash/no flash, and this was the best result.

I had to take a bunch in a hurry, before the nightly patrol came by, wondering what I was doing in the middle of the road taking pictures.

6c621fbab96a6033f14a1a35fb4a6a1a.jpg




If only this topic was used last June ... :P

e507aa7113052d4e501abe59863b8ede.jpg
Very interesting/unusual sign Bill. I wonder if they left enough room for digits?
 
redbirds_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Geez dangerous stretch of road
But SO much fun! :D https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/windiest-road-tx/
But SO much fun! :D https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/windiest-road-tx/
My favorite ride, this and 16 to Medina from Kerrville. Also Willow City Loop and Old No 9 Road from Comfort to Grapetown, from there to Luckenbach.
But SO much fun! :D https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/windiest-road-tx/
My favorite ride, this and 16 to Medina from Kerrville. Also Willow City Loop and Old No 9 Road from Comfort to Grapetown, from there to Luckenbach.
I've done most of 16 to death. Lovely and very useful road for north/south travel in Texas.
I'll have to bookmark Old No. 9 Road ... I missed that one though.
And Willow City Loop ... may have been on part of it.

Photos from that June trip in the Hill Country:
Texas Hill Country 2019 · Jun 9 – 22, 2019 📸
 
The ferret_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Geez dangerous stretch of road
But SO much fun! :D https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/windiest-road-tx/
But SO much fun! :D https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/windiest-road-tx/
I hope its twistier than that video shows
But SO much fun! :D https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/windiest-road-tx/
I hope its twistier than that video shows
Ooooooh yeah ... that's a Harley video. :-/

I can't find any good videos on YouTube of the Three Twisted Sisters. I regret not bringing my action camera ... I just didn't want to hassle with it. When I got home, my front tire was cupped from all the action.

The road is very narrow with guardrails, so you don't get a lot of sports cars sharing the road with you. When I went, it wasn't very crowded at all, and any Harleys I came upon I ended up passing as they were pretty slow ...

... like this guy ... (some good shots of the curves at like 30 mph ... you may want to mute the music) ...


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top