CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was still more bikes up........it's on a pass street restaurant parking place...a popular place to quickly take a fortifying coffee....for continue the bike-trip...:beerchug:
 
Here's another something unusual above the CB...

This little tractor has been perched on this roost in Live Oak for a long, long time. Evidently it was once an ad for tractor rentals. I have seen it preside over a used car lot, and the lot itself looks to be undergoing renovation. Hopefully the tractor will stay.
C'mon kids! September is half gone! Surely there is a tractor on a stick or some such in your neighborhood!

Ben
 

A model of the AVRO Arrow in the home town of the test pilot Janusz Żurakowski.

On 25 March 1958, with Żurakowski at the controls, Arrow RL 25201 took off from Malton, Ontario for its first test flight. He continued to test Arrows RL 201, 202, and 203 reaching speeds of Mach 1.89 and an altitude of 50,000 feet.
 
Thread starter
Cool pick and history, Nortoon.

Love the tractor on a stick, Ben.

This one was taken 8/31. I didn't include it sooner because 1) it was taken in August and 2) a Huey on a stick might be something that is elevated that SHOULD be? Anyhow, Nortoon's pic reminded me that I had this and I will, as the originator of this thread, deem that aircraft/spacecraft on posts/walls/roofs qualify for this challenge.

 
Nortoon_imp said:
A model of the AVRO Arrow in the home town of the test pilot Janusz Żurakowski.

On 25 March 1958, with Żurakowski at the controls, Arrow RL 25201 took off from Malton, Ontario for its first test flight. He continued to test Arrows RL 201, 202, and 203 reaching speeds of Mach 1.89 and an altitude of 50,000 feet.
Very awesome Nortoon.

I agree with MTC that flying objects are naturally above the CB, nevertheless, make such images still very interesting.

I met Jim Floyd (Chief Engineer) once for a couple hour chat regarding the CF-105 Arrow. It was the golden era for Canadian aviation, but like anything in life, we made sure politics destroyed its future. :-/

The Japanese CB1100 helps quell the anguish. :)
 
I had hoped to take this picture earlier in the month, but September 11th was the first day warm enough to get an early morning start. Barry's Bay where this picture was taken is 3 1/2 hours (breakfast break included) from home.

This long warm day also let me go a little farther west on Highway 60 to Madawaska. That stretch of highway 60 is a pleasant and scenic ride. In Madawaska I headed south on Highway 523 following the Madawaska River past Bark Lake. Highway 523 later becomes the Madawaska Road near Maynooth.
 
3872123a84c82b2392403d208e491edc.jpg


Saw this on the way home from getting new tires installed....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Da*n, I miss playing. :(

Mine is still in the shop since August ... headlight bucket is on back order.

So I'm going to cheat a little and post one from my June trip to the Texas Hill Country and Three Twisted Sisters.

d9260687f2aa009bf9d4ab92407d768b.jpg
 
^^^ The image is quite awesome and so unnatural at the same time.

I find myself evaluating the perched ride and that sign more than anything.

Interesting share - thanks Bill.

- - -

At the end of time there will be nothing left but the lump and a tire rind or two.
 
zbillster_imp said:
Da*n, I miss playing. :(

Mine is still in the shop since August ... headlight bucket is on back order.

So I'm going to cheat a little and post one from my June trip to the Texas Hill Country and Three Twisted Sisters.

d9260687f2aa009bf9d4ab92407d768b.jpg
Y'know, ferret, I thought about using "dang" ... :rofl:
I figured anything that can be said in a G-rated movie would be fine.
 
zbillster_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
Da*n, I miss playing. :(

Mine is still in the shop since August ... headlight bucket is on back order.

So I'm going to cheat a little and post one from my June trip to the Texas Hill Country and Three Twisted Sisters.

d9260687f2aa009bf9d4ab92407d768b.jpg
Y'know, ferret, I thought about using "dang" ... :rofl:
I figured anything that can be said in a G-rated movie would be fine.
Y'know, ferret, I thought about using "dang" ... :rofl:
I figured anything that can be said in a G-rated movie would be fine.
"Darn" may have worked too. :-/

- - -

Just in case, "D-ah-ar-n" should filter through. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top