CB1100 mods

It's funny - all of these are absolutely great looking, impressive bikes, but even with as much as I've done (and spent $$ thousands) to modify and "modernize" my Triumph Bonneville, I like the CB's vintage looks pretty much just the way it is. I mean, I've done a few basic mods, but nothing that detracts from the very clean, beautiful, classic looks.
Am I crazy, or is that an understandable view??? :s
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
It's funny - all of these are absolutely great looking, impressive bikes, but even with as much as I've done (and spent $$ thousands) to modify and "modernize" my Triumph Bonneville, I like the CB's vintage looks pretty much just the way it is. I mean, I've done a few basic mods, but nothing that detracts from the very clean, beautiful, classic looks.
Am I crazy, or is that an understandable view??? :s
Not crazy at all. When the CB750, CB400, etc. were new people would fart with them so as to be different. Now, in hindsight, people realize they were classics from the factory, and spend crazy money trying to make their 1100 look like those did stock! Honda worked really hard to get the 1100 right, once again. It is already a classic, in it's own right, and doesn't need dramatic change. A few generations from now people will probably be spending crazy money on kits trying to make their new bike look like it!
 
Those are different plexiglass hand guards than I've seen in the past. Anybody know who makes 'em or sources them?

Otherwise; I hate you.:P
 
Really cool stuff. As a small mod. I've always liked the look of carbon fiber parts instead of plastic, but with the CB I can't decide if it really fits.
 
These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
 
Novice_imp said:
Really cool stuff. As a small mod. I've always liked the look of carbon fiber parts instead of plastic, but with the CB I can't decide if it really fits.
Depends on personal taste, I reckon. For me, it is just not appropriate to the vintage design of the bike. Carbon fiber, billet parts, etc. are just not the right visual.
metallyguitarded_imp said:
These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
"Fresh" was the one that first threw me..

metallyguitarded_imp said:
These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
Yeah, I bet not! :shy:
 
Kev..you are putting up POSTERS my friend.lol Try reducing the size if you can next time.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Kev..you are putting up POSTERS my friend.lol Try reducing the size if you can next time.
I thought someone would want to print a copy... Here's some reasonable copys.
DGShannon_imp said:
Novice_imp said:
Really cool stuff. As a small mod. I've always liked the look of carbon fiber parts instead of plastic, but with the CB I can't decide if it really fits.
Depends on personal taste, I reckon. For me, it is just not appropriate to the vintage design of the bike. Carbon fiber, billet parts, etc. are just not the right visual.
metallyguitarded_imp said:
These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
"Fresh" was the one that first threw me..

metallyguitarded_imp said:
These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
Yeah, I bet not! :shy:
Depends on personal taste, I reckon. For me, it is just not appropriate to the vintage design of the bike. Carbon fiber, billet parts, etc. are just not the right visual.
metallyguitarded_imp said:
These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
"Fresh" was the one that first threw me..

metallyguitarded_imp said:
These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
Yeah, I bet not! :shy:
:rofl:
 
Timpo_imp said:
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
Okay, so where can we find the cafe seat pictured on the first silver bike with red cafe seat put up by Timpo? Exactly, what I am looking for but nobody seems to have for sale. Maybe these are one off custom pieces. Timpo, thanks for the amazing pics.
I found distributor website..
WhiteHouse | Brand Information | Samurider.com
I found distributor website..
WhiteHouse | Brand Information | Samurider.com
I do not see the cafe seat referenced offered by Whitehouse.
 
Thread starter
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
Timpo_imp said:
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
Okay, so where can we find the cafe seat pictured on the first silver bike with red cafe seat put up by Timpo? Exactly, what I am looking for but nobody seems to have for sale. Maybe these are one off custom pieces. Timpo, thanks for the amazing pics.
I found distributor website..
WhiteHouse | Brand Information | Samurider.com
I found distributor website..
WhiteHouse | Brand Information | Samurider.com
I do not see the cafe seat referenced offered by Whitehouse.
I found distributor website..
WhiteHouse | Brand Information | Samurider.com
I do not see the cafe seat referenced offered by Whitehouse. ohh I see what you mean...hmm I can't find it either. Maybe it was a custom made like you said.
 
Thread starter
not my cup of tea, but interesting seat...

93b95eb5358a50a0706c5e830922c9c2.jpg

10412ae7be1fad0f57f7a0a5375e55ac.jpg

fdbe6e89b41bfebe0742f5d95935877a.jpg

b54d01fa1c38a89d9058bca9f785a772.jpg

5123e9ae55b0271ea870a02c4b8de48f.jpg

6be9f5af20805146939e35956d9ccad3.jpg

b1bdacb074cff2452412130216f30355.jpg

a60264adeed9f2c00c4ef8c34594f070.jpg

fdede0867a1d7887e19659e0fb1c2613.jpg

b18f6bbda97eb33dbe8786ef922066ec.jpg

b4c3e458295bf1d8bea0564fb02e8372.jpg

7103c3e4d1ecaf5ae56db564c6515262.jpg

c6866dc93756715c588d6ab9542a3af7.jpg

bccf01de13da50230eb15e27f822944b.jpg

032dade1dced48b962846e250c8245f8.jpg

275d9168f958285f33db0c195e974689.jpg

d5e2d382695262ff2efeb653ced8c7b5.jpg

160311ddf678f763b8b897fae2f9b379.jpg

4fdff1aef929f6f6df3b2fc3e465113e.jpg

edfc7d0724a30ba8332badd915bf2a5d.jpg

4e0d1876a9f61c9f451cabaf1541fc76.jpg

b2e0b83715eee4526c8ccc2077aa3fae.jpg

e1c5b93c8bb31f5aa16cf1f01f63e5cb.jpg

bf9a163c0bca509bb246e2a2a68db47c.jpg

a2f68711f4c2177e6454e4fb6f50dc6e.jpg

30230eee1bb109929e3ab0a757703282.jpg

eefbd59aa73d359b51db1b2e511448c9.jpg

6a5b42ecabdc3fd418c5df24b45265b6.jpg

bc31a2c6d19701d511424d7b8636d2a8.jpg

78a3a5aca3d3e5a873c23fcb87cbe963.jpg

fbda65c2ee1df954aa08706312cf48b1.jpg
 
Back
Top