metallyguitarded_imp
Road warrior
How is it that I'm just now seeing this thread?! Great stuff.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not crazy at all. When the CB750, CB400, etc. were new people would fart with them so as to be different. Now, in hindsight, people realize they were classics from the factory, and spend crazy money trying to make their 1100 look like those did stock! Honda worked really hard to get the 1100 right, once again. It is already a classic, in it's own right, and doesn't need dramatic change. A few generations from now people will probably be spending crazy money on kits trying to make their new bike look like it!Papa Weeley_imp said:It's funny - all of these are absolutely great looking, impressive bikes, but even with as much as I've done (and spent $$ thousands) to modify and "modernize" my Triumph Bonneville, I like the CB's vintage looks pretty much just the way it is. I mean, I've done a few basic mods, but nothing that detracts from the very clean, beautiful, classic looks.
Am I crazy, or is that an understandable view???![]()

It's pretty awful...Novice_imp said:Really cool stuff. As a small mod. I've always liked the look of carbon fiber parts instead of plastic, but with the CB I can't decide if it really fits.


Depends on personal taste, I reckon. For me, it is just not appropriate to the vintage design of the bike. Carbon fiber, billet parts, etc. are just not the right visual.Novice_imp said:Really cool stuff. As a small mod. I've always liked the look of carbon fiber parts instead of plastic, but with the CB I can't decide if it really fits.
"Fresh" was the one that first threw me..metallyguitarded_imp said:These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
Yeah, I bet not!metallyguitarded_imp said:These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
hy:I thought someone would want to print a copy... Here's some reasonable copys.The ferret_imp said:Kev..you are putting up POSTERS my friend.lol Try reducing the size if you can next time.
Depends on personal taste, I reckon. For me, it is just not appropriate to the vintage design of the bike. Carbon fiber, billet parts, etc. are just not the right visual.DGShannon_imp said:Depends on personal taste, I reckon. For me, it is just not appropriate to the vintage design of the bike. Carbon fiber, billet parts, etc. are just not the right visual.Novice_imp said:Really cool stuff. As a small mod. I've always liked the look of carbon fiber parts instead of plastic, but with the CB I can't decide if it really fits.
"Fresh" was the one that first threw me..metallyguitarded_imp said:These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
Yeah, I bet not!metallyguitarded_imp said:These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."hy:
"Fresh" was the one that first threw me..metallyguitarded_imp said:These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
Yeah, I bet not!metallyguitarded_imp said:These youngsters with their fancy lingo. It started with "bad" meaning "good" then "dope" meaning "cool." I remember when my boys started saying stuff was "sick" meaning it was "awesome." Now, I guess "awful" means "carbon fiber looks amazing on the CB1100."
hy: Agree. Putting it on such a classic bike nauseates me, as well.Novice_imp said:Nuts. Carbon Fiber looks "sick". Maybe if I skip a couple meals a day...

I found distributor website..SUPERCRUZ_imp said:Okay, so where can we find the cafe seat pictured on the first silver bike with red cafe seat put up by Timpo? Exactly, what I am looking for but nobody seems to have for sale. Maybe these are one off custom pieces. Timpo, thanks for the amazing pics.
I found distributor website..Timpo_imp said:I found distributor website..SUPERCRUZ_imp said:Okay, so where can we find the cafe seat pictured on the first silver bike with red cafe seat put up by Timpo? Exactly, what I am looking for but nobody seems to have for sale. Maybe these are one off custom pieces. Timpo, thanks for the amazing pics.
WhiteHouse | Brand Information | Samurider.com
I found distributor website..SUPERCRUZ_imp said:I found distributor website..Timpo_imp said:I found distributor website..SUPERCRUZ_imp said:Okay, so where can we find the cafe seat pictured on the first silver bike with red cafe seat put up by Timpo? Exactly, what I am looking for but nobody seems to have for sale. Maybe these are one off custom pieces. Timpo, thanks for the amazing pics.
WhiteHouse | Brand Information | Samurider.com
WhiteHouse | Brand Information | Samurider.com
I do not see the cafe seat referenced offered by Whitehouse.