peterbaron
Road warrior
ES, 13 K miles is a very nice number, congrats....Ferret, watch your tail 
Most likely you ride below +10*C/50*F,

Most likely you ride below +10*C/50*F,

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


The coldest I've ridden in was -2f, I think, but the lowest temp I can verify with a screenshot of it from my phone is +9f in February of this year. So, yes, I ride below 50f. My wife usually uses 50 as her cut off, but with her new heated gear and enormous windshield, we've ventured out when the start temp was in the 40s -- Fahrenheit of course.peterbaron_imp said:ES, 13 K miles is a very nice number, congrats....Ferret, watch your tail
Most likely you ride below +10*C/50*F,![]()
The coldest I've ridden in was -2f, I think, but the lowest temp I can verify with a screenshot of it from my phone is +9f in February of this year. So, yes, I ride below 50f. My wife usually uses 50 as her cut off, but with her new heated gear and enormous windshield, we've ventured out when the start temp was in the 40s -- Fahrenheit of course.EmptySea_imp said:The coldest I've ridden in was -2f, I think, but the lowest temp I can verify with a screenshot of it from my phone is +9f in February of this year. So, yes, I ride below 50f. My wife usually uses 50 as her cut off, but with her new heated gear and enormous windshield, we've ventured out when the start temp was in the 40s -- Fahrenheit of course.peterbaron_imp said:ES, 13 K miles is a very nice number, congrats....Ferret, watch your tail
Most likely you ride below +10*C/50*F,![]()

About 60 minutes of distance including extra joy riding. I recall I didn't have more than 10 minutes left in me. No heated gloves. No heated anything. No windshield. Just dressed for the occasion based on previous experience, some at even colder conditions. 45 to 60 minutes is my comfort limit per journey leg before a warm-up is required. I think the longest was two hours at -10C + freeway windchill (and that was on a 600 cc thumper!)peterbaron_imp said:I noticed, it might be just me, that below 50*F, myself and the CB are no longer one unit and tire handling is not to my liking. Also I get more stiff, lacking flexibility but not due to senior age or I am cold...just 'caus this temp is not meant for me.
One trip for transpiration to a new home might?? be ok, not riding tho![]()
Was going to put the snow tires on the cage tomorrow, but it appears we are getting mid-to-high teen temperatures (in Celsius) right through to next Monday.Hovmod_imp said:I have put the CB in storage. Winter's coming.
Final count: 11863 km (7333 miles)
What a wonderful season it has been, despite everything. I had planned to make a post about my last long ride, but computer issues prevented me from editing my pictures, and then the enthusiasm just fell. I'll get back to t, it was quite an experience!
I am inspired, so I'll probably make an effort to get the Honda cleaned up properly, and I might even see what I can do about getting the Ducati back in riding condition again, that would be great!
Thanks for the company and encouragement so far, and MAN, what a bike the CB1100 is. Amazing machine.
Was going to put the snow tires on the cage tomorrow, but it appears we are getting mid-to-high teen temperatures (in Celsius) right through to next Monday.GoldOxide_imp said:Was going to put the snow tires on the cage tomorrow, but it appears we are getting mid-to-high teen temperatures (in Celsius) right through to next Monday.Hovmod_imp said:I have put the CB in storage. Winter's coming.
Final count: 11863 km (7333 miles)
What a wonderful season it has been, despite everything. I had planned to make a post about my last long ride, but computer issues prevented me from editing my pictures, and then the enthusiasm just fell. I'll get back to t, it was quite an experience!
I am inspired, so I'll probably make an effort to get the Honda cleaned up properly, and I might even see what I can do about getting the Ducati back in riding condition again, that would be great!
Thanks for the company and encouragement so far, and MAN, what a bike the CB1100 is. Amazing machine.
That only means one desired mode of transportation.
So-kay. I stopped storing motorcycles in 1986 and we get a classic winter season here. Not once did I have a "spring" start-up problem, and I have used gasoline preservative irregularly - maybe half dozen times - probably could have lived without it.michael1954_imp said:Was going to put the snow tires on the cage tomorrow, but it appears we are getting mid-to-high teen temperatures (in Celsius) right through to next Monday.GoldOxide_imp said:Was going to put the snow tires on the cage tomorrow, but it appears we are getting mid-to-high teen temperatures (in Celsius) right through to next Monday.Hovmod_imp said:I have put the CB in storage. Winter's coming.
Final count: 11863 km (7333 miles)
What a wonderful season it has been, despite everything. I had planned to make a post about my last long ride, but computer issues prevented me from editing my pictures, and then the enthusiasm just fell. I'll get back to t, it was quite an experience!
I am inspired, so I'll probably make an effort to get the Honda cleaned up properly, and I might even see what I can do about getting the Ducati back in riding condition again, that would be great!
Thanks for the company and encouragement so far, and MAN, what a bike the CB1100 is. Amazing machine.
That only means one desired mode of transportation.
That only means one desired mode of transportation.
Storage. That indeed is a sad word. Here today we hit 80F and Winter is my favorite time of the year to ride. I can wear all my protective gear and not die of heat stroke before I hit 40 miles. South Texas of course. I saw a sigh in the Valley a few year ago that said, "If you think this is Hot, try Hell." No thanks, Texas is hot enough! But we never store our bikes for Winter. A sad word indeed.

I like the organization of the sheet Django. Looks straightforward, professional.Django_imp said:I prepared the cb1100 forum member mileage chart for the new year 2021 already:
cb1100forum_mileage.xls
You may find a new tab and table for 2021.
All members, who participated in 2020 are ready to go in 2021. Please feel free, to enter the odometer of your motorcycle(s) and start logging miles in 2021. So they don't get wasted (haha, German humor).
If you haven't participated in the forum miles yet, this could be a good moment to start for the next year. Just enter your nick, motorcycle, mileage in the next empty row at the bottom of the chart. We'll sort you in alphabetically at time.
Have fun!