CB1100 forum miles

I didn't set a goal this year but in my head my goal is always 300 days ridden and 20,000 mi.

Started out great, only missed 4 days in January due to ice and snow then rode every day in Feb, March, April, May and June up until a small gout attack in mid July which cost me 2 days and then a re-occurance of gout due to a medicine adjustment cost me 2 more days in August. At the rally, on Thursday my right knee started bothering me. Got home on Saturday limping pretty bad. Was in a lot of pain and could barely walk Sunday and by Monday morning was on crutches unable to lift my right leg off the ground or put any weight on it. Called my ortho doc Monday morning and by Tuesday afternoon I was getting injections in BOTH knees. The injections worked their miracles, and I started riding again on Wednesday so the knee issue cost me 3 more days. So I have missed 11 days so far this year, and ridden 257. If all goes well I should beat my record days ridden in a year of 338 days in 2017, by a healthy margin.

Just over 15,000 miles so far this year and have the Men's Fall Trip coming up soon to North Carolina so should add close to 2,000 miles on that trip. That will leave me nearly 3 months to get the final 3,000 miles to reach my non goal lol.

Of course it helps being retired. The last 24 years I worked I only averaged 10,700 miles a year.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
A short update on my 2020 miles:
Miles to date: 12,712
Miles to reach 2020 goal (13,000): 288
Miles to reach 2020 bonus goal (15,000): 2,288
Days ridden to date: 125
Days left in 2020: 105
Plus, as of this post, I’m 213 miles over my previous annual best (2018).

Weather will likely determine if I can get to 15,000 by YE 2020. Bike is in the shop for the 40,000 mile service so I’m losing at least one of the 105 days left.
Respectfully, EmptySea, either you’re already in bonus territory or your goal is 13,000?
 
I added my October miles and the total mileage didn't change..in other words it's not adding to the total any more for me? Total should be 16,379
 
Great stuff folks ... keep it going. I used to do 10-15k a year before the baby and happy to get 5k now between all the bikes. Safe riding.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Fixed now, Ferret. I hope.
 
yep seems to be working now...thanks
 
What, someone is fixing miles number...:P
Lot's of competition, especially in 8K range...:biker:
 
I fixed the formulas in each “Sum” cell so that it adds Jan thru Dec. PB typed a number in the Sum cell which removed the formula for him. He will have to update his monthly numbers if he wants to get an accurate total.
 
How would I loose about 7000 miles...unless someone slapped me with huge demerit points?? :P
:)
 
Peter, from what MTC said, you typed a total in the ‘sum’ column which should not be touched by user of the spreadsheet. He corrected the column to reinstate the forumula. See the instruction at the top which says “Don’t touch coloured fields.” Enter any data for each month in the relevant column and the spreadsheet will add it up. Or would if you hadn’t again entered a number in the sum column.

Please enter data in one or more of the month columns. It probably doesn’t matter which one, really.

I’ve reinstated the formula and added 83 miles in October to bring you back to the total of 2080 you’d entered.
 
aaaah....
Didn't take the spreadsheet course when in kindergarten....will fix my total later on, after checking odo.
I just read MTC post #371. Unknowingly, I screwed up the entire spreadsheet/formula, my bad, sorry!! :blush:
TY
 
Peter, no problem. You only changed it for your row and it didn’t affect anyone else. I’ve tried to fix it so that the ‘sum’ column can no longer be changed except by Django and me and a couple of others.
 
Hey Cormauns..look at my miles today..it's one of those drome things you like. lol

16661
 
Nice one, Ferret. You're racking them up on that FJR.
 
Ok... I've passed 13,000 for the year (13,389) thanks to a 424 mile weekend. Hoping to get to 15,000 for 2020 as I've said in an earlier post above. I would also like to say to people that I ride on average once every two day which would be 183 days. Currently at 138, so I need to ride 42 of the last 80 days of the year. That will be tough, but let's see what the Chicago weather will bring us and maybe I can squeeze 42 rides in between drops and flakes.
 
Back
Top