CB1100 forum miles

4-8 June trip to Bretagne, France.

In a nutshell:



But also memorable moments :cool:
71ba8892d89d99c14ba3a434db2f5259.jpg

479beef3d0a40ff3f75a14837181ccda.jpg

b3987ae03b5804f4a9c88676327141f9.jpg

d1cfc25a3fd54b8c61c93253fab297cf.jpg

6d3aaefc49cafe3e2a144138f16c1092.jpg

97bd7ed206f5f21e0ac70f5bbacd31f0.jpg

82ef73a74b5c46ed4e121b02f046ce6c.jpg

ea60b4573ec07bbec79c6258b3f94ae1.jpg

5ac666d7e043d434ddde61950d8aeb9c.jpg

caafba8af2c81baaee4edc4c18fac2bd.jpg

58f0dc360927a007ff3e967a98851ca3.jpg


The Duc was :cool::biker:
 
Nice pics Riko.

So the Duc's still running huh? Cool.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nice pics Riko.

So the Duc's still running huh? Cool.
running, she's flying!

Next trip, French-Swiss border area, and the city of Basel.
Somewhere end July-begin August.

Anyway, look at this pic (from a Dutch fb group):
7c10df7408727f7fdf1c7f5a3830bd6b.jpg

A Dutch Ducati in Norway.

People do use there Ducs to travel long distances and not only as garage queens
 
Got in a pleasant ride to Mt. Charleston, this morning.
Nice temperature in the 6,000 to 8,000 feet altitude.
Only 102 F when I returned to Las Vegas (106 F forecast)

The 108 miles today (54.5 MPG) took the odometer past 10,000 miles (10,078 when I got home) in less than 8 months.
 
Riko_imp said:
MisterP manages to ride 1000mi every single month :)
i'm not doing very much interesting riding with my 1000 miles. i'm a commuter. 80% of that is to and from my office.

speaking of which i haven't updated that chart in a bit have i?
 
In Cleveland, 20 July 2018, just after turning 11,000 miles and just before adding another 350 in mostly torrential conditions.

ace4c23b5f6cb8d8bfc6efd7a48e683e.jpg
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
MisterP manages to ride 1000mi every single month :)
i'm not doing very much interesting riding with my 1000 miles. i'm a commuter. 80% of that is to and from my office.

speaking of which i haven't updated that chart in a bit have i?
Most of the almost 40,000 miles on my 1976 CB750F until 1981 was simply commuting in SoCal, with an occasional trip to Death Valley or Santa Barbara, etc. I enjoyed it so much more than in a car/truck.

Getting more miles, now that I have finally fully retired.

Today was a typical !100 miles in the Spring Mountains, but the heat forecast may limit the rest of this week to morning rides.

The CB1100 does fine in the heat, but I came home today drenched in sweat (partly from working at my son's, on the way home), due to the monsoonal humidity.

Las Vegas hi/lo
Tue 109/86
Wed 112/86
Thu 113/87
Fri 109/84
Sat 106/83
Sun 105/83
Mon 104...cooling off!
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Over 11K Miles on your “new” ‘13 CB in what, about 1 year? Not bad Sea.
Just looked at my notes. My first ride on my new CB1100 was on July 22, 2017. After riding with offroad4x4 on the anniversary, I showed 11,770 on my odometer. I added 8 more miles today on my commute to work.
 
Had I paid attention to this more, and had known I would ride 370 miles Sunday, I'd have put in 230 or so miles on Saturday to get to an even 12,000 miles.
 
nvbobr_imp said:
1511 January miles + 1534 December miles = 3045 since I purchased the bike on Dec. 2. I still love the CB.

My excuse for excessive motorcycle riding this winter, as I explain it to family members, is to improve my photography skills in Death Valley National Park, roughly once or twice a week.

Turning over 3,000 miles on the road


Doing the math on the clocks:
3800/80 as 8500/?
? = 178.9mph at 8500!
nvbobr_imp said:
Doing the math on the clocks:
3800/80 as 8500/?
? = 178.9mph at 8500!
 
Insert head scratching smily here.
 
80 mph at 3800 rpm = 178.9 mph at 8500 rpm.

Is that right?
 
Yes, it's right.
Simple math, but what it means to me is the engine is really loafing at 80mph, or you could say high gear is really HIGH gear.
My cb750k, at 8500 rpm is a mere 125 mph, for comparison.
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread!
 
Riko_imp said:
have you already decided whether you are gonna have a CB1100 after 4 and a half year of membership on this forum? :)
I'm 1/3 of the way there.
Since this will be my last one, I want to be sure I get it right!

If I had known they were going to sell a leftover at a local dealership for $6,500, I would already have one!

Still looking at the triple Yamaha's, and the 900 Kaw:rolleyes:
 
Back
Top