cb1100 discontinued in canada?

Not good. So the question is - is there going to be a 2015 model at at? As mentioned, my dealer in Marshall, Tx (who has a total of 3 stores in Texas) thinks it is very possible that there will not be a 2015. ( but admittedly has no specific inside info).
 
Found a list purporting to announce the 2015 Honda lineup at totalmotorcycle.com: 2015 Honda Motorcycle Models at Total Motorcycle

According to this list, Honda is releasing a 2015 CB1100 in the USA but not Canada. Although they list a 2015 CB1100 Deluxe ABS without any designation of USA, Canada or Europe. Does that mean it will be available everywhere? Unclear from the list. A 2015 CB1100EX with spoked rims is being released in Europe.

Here's a website called Hondareleasedate.com with some details as to the 2015 CB1100: http://hondareleasedate.com/2015-honda-cb1100/
Seem legit to anyone? Pretty sketchy to me.
 
Sounds like the same conversation we had about the 2014 this time last year, curious if we'll get a 2014 with spokes for 2015? It was sometime in late december when we found out IF an WHAT we would get, as crazy as it sounds, when I did find out, I decided to get the 2013 model, I bought it on january 4th, this was the first day they was open after being closed a couple of weeks, Still love it with no regrets....:clap:

Just curious, how much trouble is it to buy and bring a bike across the border into Canada if they was not to release a 2015? :biker:
 
With a population of less than the state of California, Canada is a small market in the global scheme of things so maybe the CB has been discontinued.
I never did understand why there are Canadian and US models of the same bike. The US got deluxe and standard models this year, and we got one "Canadian" model - which I suppose is somewhat unique. (?)
The 2013 and 2014 models didn't show up here until April so there may still be hope for 2015, but the bike has already been discontinued in Australia from what I've learned here.
Whatever happens, I have mine and I couldn't be happier with it.
 
If they do release a 2015 CB DLX I hope it's a different color, so at least mine will be unique.
 
Mine is the unique one. :D
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Found a list purporting to announce the 2015 Honda lineup at totalmotorcycle.com: 2015 Honda Motorcycle Models at Total Motorcycle

According to this list, Honda is releasing a 2015 CB1100 in the USA but not Canada. Although they list a 2015 CB1100 Deluxe ABS without any designation of USA, Canada or Europe. Does that mean it will be available everywhere? Unclear from the list. A 2015 CB1100EX with spoked rims is being released in Europe.

Here's a website called Hondareleasedate.com with some details as to the 2015 CB1100: http://hondareleasedate.com/2015-honda-cb1100/
Seem legit to anyone? Pretty sketchy to me.
I don't think there's any reliable info yet for the 2015 models.

I went to that total motorcycle site, and the writing style uses a few words that don't make too much sense.

A further search of "2015 CB1100" brings you to a discussion of a year ago of the 2014 models.

Another site that supposedly has 5 photos of 2015 models, 4 of those photos are of the Gold Wing variants.
 
What really rankled me back in the day; in 1983 Canada got a sport version of the CX650. We got the cruiser, turbo and Silverwing. Bugger! :shakes cane:
 
Rboe_imp said:
What really rankled me back in the day; in 1983 Canada got a sport version of the CX650. We got the cruiser, turbo and Silverwing. Bugger! :shakes cane:
That reminds me of a few years ago when Canada received a certain sporting version of a Yamaha and the US didn't.
One of the US bike magazines (CycleWorld?) came to Canada to do a test on it and then reported it in the magazine, lamenting that it should have also come to the US too.

I also agree that it's still early so we'll just have to wait and see about a 2015 CB.
But as I said, I have mine and I'm good to go regardless.
 
The general population prefers cruisers over sporting bikes so I can see the logic. Just about everytime the cycle mags say to bring a bike over, three guys buy it and the rest have to be discounted like crazy to purge the inventory. Ten years later they are cult bikes.
 
Rboe_imp said:
The general population prefers cruisers over sporting bikes so I can see the logic. Just about everytime the cycle mags say to bring a bike over, three guys buy it and the rest have to be discounted like crazy to purge the inventory. Ten years later they are cult bikes.
^^^^^

you are so right
I have seen this so many times
 
Ole_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
The general population prefers cruisers over sporting bikes so I can see the logic. Just about everytime the cycle mags say to bring a bike over, three guys buy it and the rest have to be discounted like crazy to purge the inventory. Ten years later they are cult bikes.
^^^^^

you are so right
I have seen this so many times
^^^^^

you are so right
I have seen this so many times
Spot on :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I'm hoping the CB1100 becomes a cult bike. Never been in a cult so it would be cool to get into one on the ground floor. :)
 
Rboe_imp said:
I'm hoping the CB1100 becomes a cult bike. Never been in a cult so it would be cool to get into one on the ground floor. :)
+1...I love kool aid :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Rboe_imp said:
I'm hoping the CB1100 becomes a cult bike. Never been in a cult so it would be cool to get into one on the ground floor. :)
Just as long as white Nike's, punch, and lying down waiting for the comet isn't involved.
 
I don't see it announced in the USA yet for 2015. Some of "us" from the 40-60 age group have adventure bikes, for example. Friends have bought Beemer GS's, NC700X, Bonneville 900, Triumph 800 ADV, and my brother who has an 07 Multistrada says it is such a great machine (power, brakes, hard bags, that how could he replace it? I think people need to test ride one, somehow.
 
Back
Top