cb1100 discontinued in canada?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:I'm waiting for Honda to start production of their new adventure bike, the CRF1000L. Pics released this week have me drooling!
 
Thread starter
im hoping its not cancelled, but if it is, its probably due to the high cost of entry here...over $14500 out the door. i looked into insurance, 49 yrs old, 27 yrs riding , no claims and the quote was $995/yr...ridiculous!
 
I've been following this closely and have been wondering if there will be a 2015 CB1100 for sale in the US. Remember, Honda released the CB1100 in Japan and Australia in 2010? Then we waited and were surprised they released it in the US for 2013, then the improved model in 2014.

Remember how Honda introduced the 2010 VFR1200 which didn't sell very well so they waited until 2013 (I think) to continue selling "new" models? They waited a couple of years to get the unsold inventory of 2010 VFR 1200's through the system. In fact if you look on Cycle Trader you can still find some new 2010's for sale around $9,999.00 which was Honda's marked down price before they released the later models.

Reason I'm keenly interested because I had been watching the new CTX1300 since it first came out around April of this year since I wanted a comfortable bagger type again (after a Street Glide and R1200RT). But I hung on to my CB1100 and never pulled the trigger on a CTX1300 because I thought it was just priced too high.

Spent the rest of this year looking at ALL kinds of bikes and I'm picky because:

1) I'm old and creaky.
2) I'm cheap (the wife agrees with that).
3) I'm short.

Yes, I even looked really hard at the CTX700 which the sales guys quietly mention are selling quite well even to lots of old experienced riders in both the manual and DCT versions. Light, low, relatively cheap enough to add to the CB1100 in the garage.

Then I happened to notice on Cycle Trader that dealers started dropping the prices on the leftover 2014 CTX1300's since Honda now had their Bonus Bucks program with $1,500 supposedly for accessories at time of purchase but each dealer I checked with used it as a discount off MSRP.

So I checked around to see what a 2015 version might have compared to the 2014? Yeah, I remember jumping to get my 2013 CB1100 figuring Honda might not even sell it again in 2014 so I missed the "new and improved" 2014 but I'm OK with my 2013.

I haven't found ANY mention of a 2015 CTX1300 on any sites, not even on Honda's site where they have posted new info on 2015 models like the Goldwing F6B and F6C Valkyrie, but NO 2015 info for either the CTX1300 or CB1100!

Hmmmm, makes me wonder. Maybe I better keep my 2013 CB1100 even though I put a deposit down on a 2014 CTX1300. I was going to sell my CB1100 to help fund the CTX1300 but now that I MIGHT have my hands on two short-lived models in the US market maybe I better hang on to both?

Aloha,
Huladog
 
If you want a cheap, comfortable, capable bagger touring bike, did you ever look at the Honda NT700V? It's the other bike in my garage. Also not exported to the U.S. any longer. There are still new 2010 and 2011 models around, but the way to go is a barely used example. Crazy low prices in like the $4,000-$5,000 range.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
If you want a cheap, comfortable, capable bagger touring bike, did you ever look at the Honda NT700V? It's the other bike in my garage. Also not exported to the U.S. any longer. There are still new 2010 and 2011 models around, but the way to go is a barely used example. Crazy low prices in like the $4,000-$5,000 range.
Yep, in fact I did take a good look at those when they first came out a few years ago and thought they looked really nice. The hangup for me was the 600 cc engine and gears, just a bit limited if I remember correctly. I'm sure it is another bullet-proof Honda which is a trait I like.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
good night the pop ups on that site
 
Here you go, I think your links picked up some punctuation marks at the very end.

a4d5c1142bf2b0c1ef758f9cb2bf346d.jpg


I think they did an update for their earlier essays about how the bike was designed, etc.:

Honda Motor Co.,Ltd.|Honda Global Corporate Website

They did put a lot of effort into designing in "the feel" and stuff which I think is it's heritage, but I'm still wondering .......

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Top job, Huladog. Thanks.
 
Was at my dealer in Massachusetts yesterday. Sales guy said the 2015 CB is back. Not in dealers yet but "it will be back in the USA for 2015". - The CTX series does not look to have done well. The NC700 has also not been the hit it is in Europe. I rode both and thought them great bikes for newer riders and people who do not have my bad back. - Anyhoo it's good to hear the CB is coming back for '15. Most of us are 45-65 years old and there will be plenty more where that came from! I'd like to see crotch rocket guys start a new CB cafe racer trend!
 
Do you think the dealer has this right? They aren't always in on the scoop, at least around here.
 
nhawk7504_imp said:
Was at my dealer in Massachusetts yesterday. Sales guy said the 2015 CB is back. Not in dealers yet but "it will be back in the USA for 2015". - The CTX series does not look to have done well. The NC700 has also not been the hit it is in Europe. I rode both and thought them great bikes for newer riders and people who do not have my bad back. - Anyhoo it's good to hear the CB is coming back for '15. Most of us are 45-65 years old and there will be plenty more where that came from! I'd like to see crotch rocket guys start a new CB cafe racer trend!

I would be surprised to see the CB released in 2015 as there are still dealerships with 13 models. Just saw a 14 deluxe the other day at another dealership. Do not think it will be discontinued in US yet, but would not be surprised to see them skip a year.
 
pechorin75_imp said:
Frankly, I'm hoping he's got it wrong...resale values are bad enough as it is, and I might have to let go of mine come spring.
Resale isn't good on most modern, still in production bikes. Buy it and ride it off the lot, you just lost 30%.
 
[/QUOTE]
Resale isn't good on most modern, still in production bikes. Buy it and ride it off the lot, you just lost 30%.
[/QUOTE]

I'm just whining 'cuz I thought I was being smart as the guy who let somebody else take the big first-owner depreciation hit. What I didn't count on was the value tanking another 25% in the first year after I bought used (although, to be fair, the recent $5,800 eBay sale I'm basing that on probably isn't really reflective of the market).

Yeah, I know...you shouldn't get into cars/bikes if you're worried about resale...etc. At least I didn't borrow the money.
 
Cars, motorcycles, boats, houses and etc are not investments! They are lifestyle decisions. Get what you can afford and don't look back.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top