cb1100 2014 New in Box

jitaylor_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi,

a Dealer in Jacksonville has received several new, 2014 CB1100's. They are for sale at US$5,980 . I have been an admiring lurker for a while, but I find this tempting. Is that a decent deal for a new non-ABS model ? Evidently he has 8 of them because they all have different stock numbers.
 
They are $13,699Cdn brand new (2018 CB1100RS) and after riding and owning my 2014 model for one year now I think THAT is a bargain.

Getting one 1/2 price is like stealing it.
 
I road every bike sold around the Salt Lake Valley and none of them gave me that this is it feeling until I road the bike i own now, CB 1100 and it is a 2014 as you are looking at. The ABS is one of those personal user things, you either like it or you don't. I don't, so I made sure what I bought didn't have it. If I get into a situation that I need to lock up the rear wheel and slide it to keep from running into the situation I want that option. With ABS you don't have it. But like i said its a personal thing.
A friend of mine who sells bikes for a living got mine in on a trade and called me, I road it for about 45 min and I just knew that it was what I had been looking for.
I stopped by the house and grabbed some cash and went back. They wanted $8499.00 for it as it was. It had just under 6000 miles on it. I walked back in and offered them $6000 cash and that was that. I had found several new CB 1100's around the country between $7999 to $9000. So you are getting a fair deal on it I think. I've spent a fair amount on mine personalizing it to fit exactly what I want, but that's a normal thing. If your buying it to make money off it, you might want to think twice, but if your buying it because you have a connection to what you are buying, I'd jump all over it. Just keep in mind, you are going to have shipping and tax's and registration, and Ye old Dealer fee's on top of that probably.
But once you get on it and twist that throttle its all worth it in the end. I will NEVER part with mine until I pass on and I may be buried sitting on the seat. (I just hope I'm smiling still) lol
 
redbirds_imp said:
Congrats on the "new" bike Tim. I know you'll enjoy it.
I have had it for almost 2 years now, and I do love it, like I said i will NEVER part with it. This bike, or well I think I am safe saying from 2015 back is as close as you can come to what those of us who are older remember, that bikes were being engineered to be back in the day.
I wrote I thread on how disappointed I was at looking at what I guess the dealer was trying to pass off as a 2018 when its probably a 2017. But regardless, what I saw that I was comparing to things that were built to be bullet proof, fell beyond short of being even close to bullet proof. These bikes were meant to fill that nitch and give those of us who loved the inline 4 engines an option. Its not for everyone, and wasn't meant to be for everyone. But I love it.
 
Thread starter
Tim_imp said:
I road every bike sold around the Salt Lake Valley and none of them gave me that this is it feeling until I road the bike i own now, CB 1100 and it is a 2014 as you are looking at. The ABS is one of those personal user things, you either like it or you don't. I don't, so I made sure what I bought didn't have it. If I get into a situation that I need to lock up the rear wheel and slide it to keep from running into the situation I want that option. With ABS you don't have it. But like i said its a personal thing.
A friend of mine who sells bikes for a living got mine in on a trade and called me, I road it for about 45 min and I just knew that it was what I had been looking for.
I stopped by the house and grabbed some cash and went back. They wanted $8499.00 for it as it was. It had just under 6000 miles on it. I walked back in and offered them $6000 cash and that was that. I had found several new CB 1100's around the country between $7999 to $9000. So you are getting a fair deal on it I think. I've spent a fair amount on mine personalizing it to fit exactly what I want, but that's a normal thing. If your buying it to make money off it, you might want to think twice, but if your buying it because you have a connection to what you are buying, I'd jump all over it. Just keep in mind, you are going to have shipping and tax's and registration, and Ye old Dealer fee's on top of that probably.
But once you get on it and twist that throttle its all worth it in the end. I will NEVER part with mine until I pass on and I may be buried sitting on the seat. (I just hope I'm smiling still) lol
Well, I have had the opportunity to "engage" ABS on my other bike and I am a true believer. It is a no-brainer. But, I am going to go get one of these because 1) good price 2) I like black 3) rather have just the one pipe. No, I am not buying it to make money on it. I just have admired these for years. I suppose if one bought all of them, but I am not able to roll like that.
I am having a hard time trying to stop myself from going to Jacksonville on Friday. I have to get a ride there somehow.
 
I paid 5987 for mine from WI so pretty much the same thing. All i can say is that is a crazy amount of awesomeness for the price. So glad i got mine with no regrets!
 
Retsel_imp said:
Buy two!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I was just thinking about that. :D This year I'm looking to buy either a '17 EX or a Kaw z900RS. My local dealer has '14 CB1100s for $6K. I realized I could almost by two '14 models for the price of either of the ones I'm looking at. Am I crazy?
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Buy two!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I was just thinking about that. :D This year I'm looking to buy either a '17 EX or a Kaw z900RS. My local dealer has '14 CB1100s for $6K. I realized I could almost by two '14 models for the price of either of the ones I'm looking at. Am I crazy?
I was just thinking about that. :D This year I'm looking to buy either a '17 EX or a Kaw z900RS. My local dealer has '14 CB1100s for $6K. I realized I could almost by two '14 models for the price of either of the ones I'm looking at. Am I crazy?
No, but my rule of thumb is that you should buy the bike that makes your heart flutter, assuming you can afford it. Down the road, you'll not be happy looking at, or riding, a bike that doesn't do it for you, while chanting 'but I saved some money.'
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Buy two!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I was just thinking about that. :D This year I'm looking to buy either a '17 EX or a Kaw z900RS. My local dealer has '14 CB1100s for $6K. I realized I could almost by two '14 models for the price of either of the ones I'm looking at. Am I crazy?
I was just thinking about that. :D This year I'm looking to buy either a '17 EX or a Kaw z900RS. My local dealer has '14 CB1100s for $6K. I realized I could almost by two '14 models for the price of either of the ones I'm looking at. Am I crazy?
No you are not crazy. Anything worth having is worth having two of. Be a double fisted cb1100'er.
Capo_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Buy two!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I was just thinking about that. :D This year I'm looking to buy either a '17 EX or a Kaw z900RS. My local dealer has '14 CB1100s for $6K. I realized I could almost by two '14 models for the price of either of the ones I'm looking at. Am I crazy?
I was just thinking about that. :D This year I'm looking to buy either a '17 EX or a Kaw z900RS. My local dealer has '14 CB1100s for $6K. I realized I could almost by two '14 models for the price of either of the ones I'm looking at. Am I crazy?
No, but my rule of thumb is that you should buy the bike that makes your heart flutter, assuming you can afford it. Down the road, you'll not be happy looking at, or riding, a bike that doesn't do it for you, while chanting 'but I saved some money.'
I was just thinking about that. :D This year I'm looking to buy either a '17 EX or a Kaw z900RS. My local dealer has '14 CB1100s for $6K. I realized I could almost by two '14 models for the price of either of the ones I'm looking at. Am I crazy?
No, but my rule of thumb is that you should buy the bike that makes your heart flutter, assuming you can afford it. Down the road, you'll not be happy looking at, or riding, a bike that doesn't do it for you, while chanting 'but I saved some money.'
Capo, this one and the interceptor make my heart flutter, but when I sit on an interceptor and go vroom, vroom, it feels like I am on a GSX R . I just have too much admiration for air cooled bikes, so I am going to get one of these buggers. They are 7,600 out the door. They will deliver it to Orlando for $200. I may have to take them up on that as I have no way to get up there. My missus is working Saturday. Plus, when she finds out where she is taking me ...
Evidently, the lot was originally 21 units and they are down to 10 now. They have been shipping them all over and the phone is ringing off the hook about them. Honda made them a godfather deal on the lot.
Banned_imp said:
Just do it!!

What's the worst that can happen?

Believe us, you'll love it like no other bike you have ever owned.
I'm doing it. Can't resist.
 
Go for it, it’s about as much air cooled glory that you can find today, you’ll love it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I looked at these new a few years ago but didn’t want to spend $13,000. Just found a new 2014 for $5995 and had to buy it,just need to have it shipped. Why is it the black 2014s seem to be the only leftovers for sale?
 
Well ... because the 2013s and the 2014 DLXs sold out. Lots of 2014s were made and sent to the US but didn't sell (for whatever reason). There were no 2015 or 2016 models. The 2017 appeared and there were lots of 2014s in the warehouse so they're being disposed of. The same thing will happen with 2017s in the next couple of years.
 
Thread starter
Gosh Cormanus. Maybe I should have waited for the 2017 to be blown out. I am getting buyer's remorse. I bought the 2014 yesterday and they are trucking it down here right now.
 
jitaylor_imp said:
Gosh Cormanus. Maybe I should have waited for the 2017 to be blown out. I am getting buyer's remorse. I bought the 2014 yesterday and they are trucking it down here right now.
No way!! You got a great deal and who knows for sure what will happen in a couple of years time. Anyway, the '14 has a much nicer fuel tank ... in a sinuous kind of way :P
 
Back
Top