cb1100 2014 New in Box

Thread starter
Aussieflyer_imp said:
jitaylor_imp said:
Gosh Cormanus. Maybe I should have waited for the 2017 to be blown out. I am getting buyer's remorse. I bought the 2014 yesterday and they are trucking it down here right now.
No way!! You got a great deal and who knows for sure what will happen in a couple of years time. Anyway, the '14 has a much nicer fuel tank ... in a sinuous kind of way :P
No way!! You got a great deal and who knows for sure what will happen in a couple of years time. Anyway, the '14 has a much nicer fuel tank ... in a sinuous kind of way :P
Oh good. Now I feel better. Thanks. Can't get caught up in coulda woulda.
 
jitaylor_imp said:
Aussieflyer_imp said:
jitaylor_imp said:
Gosh Cormanus. Maybe I should have waited for the 2017 to be blown out. I am getting buyer's remorse. I bought the 2014 yesterday and they are trucking it down here right now.
No way!! You got a great deal and who knows for sure what will happen in a couple of years time. Anyway, the '14 has a much nicer fuel tank ... in a sinuous kind of way :P
No way!! You got a great deal and who knows for sure what will happen in a couple of years time. Anyway, the '14 has a much nicer fuel tank ... in a sinuous kind of way :P
Oh good. Now I feel better. Thanks. Can't get caught up in coulda woulda.
No way!! You got a great deal and who knows for sure what will happen in a couple of years time. Anyway, the '14 has a much nicer fuel tank ... in a sinuous kind of way :P
Oh good. Now I feel better. Thanks. Can't get caught up in coulda woulda.
Quite right. Get out on that ‘14. You’ll love it.
 
Thread starter
Ok, you guys. I just got the black beauty. Man what a nice looking machine. Now I remember why I went so nuts for them when I saw one in a dealership. And I will now state for the record, that I am not changing the stock pipe. It sounds fantastic. Sounds like my boss' Roush mustang at idle.

That I4 is a tractor engine. First and second seem very tall to me after riding high-revving bikes. And a gear indicator on a Honda ! I am pretty stoked. Just love it. It does not feel at all heavy. I was expecting it to feel like a wallowing pig after being on sport bikes, but it does not at all feel that way.

They sure do smell the place up when they are new though don't they?
 
Congtas. Now get out and put some miles on it and just enjoy it!
 
JT- I think you should ride the bike over to Tarpon Springs, get yourself a hand rolled cigar at the sponge docks and then have a fine seafood dinner and ride home. Well that what I would do anyway :))
 
Thread starter
glenncal1_imp said:
JT- I think you should ride the bike over to Tarpon Springs, get yourself a hand rolled cigar at the sponge docks and then have a fine seafood dinner and ride home. Well that what I would do anyway :))

You know, I believe I will. Maybe I will pick up a DVD of "The Twelve Mile Reef" while I am there.
 
Maybe this should be in its own thread, but according to an email I just received from my dealership, they have 2 new black 2014 CB1100 and have them listed for $5999.00 (plus tax, etc.). Their website does not show these bikes yet. If you're interested, you may want to call Des Plaines Honda at (847) 699-9600 and ask about this.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Maybe this should be in its own thread, but according to an email I just received from my dealership, they have 2 new black 2014 CB1100 and have them listed for $5999.00 (plus tax, etc.). Their website does not show these bikes yet. If you're interested, you may want to call Des Plaines Honda at (847) 699-9600 and ask about this.
 
Thread starter
Greekcb, I finally succumbed and had it delivered last Thursday. Rode it all weekend. It is amazing I did not end up in Idaho or somewhere. What a special groove it has.
 
:rofl: this is a bike that will make you pass up the closest turn to your house so that you can ride a little bit further.
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
I haven't met one that hasn't. Although with the old stock seat...
Tis a matter of aclimation.
I'm doing 400 mile days on the stock seat.
 
No it isn’t. The stock seat is agony on long rides.
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Bheezy27403_imp said:
I haven't met one that hasn't. Although with the old stock seat...
Tis a matter of aclimation.
I'm doing 400 mile days on the stock seat.
Tis a matter of aclimation.
I'm doing 400 mile days on the stock seat.

I've done 698 miles in 12 hours on the stock seat with no complaints, and Empty Sea did over 600 same day on a stock seat. You kids need to toughen up your tushys. ;)
 
Back
Top