CB spotted on the Million Dollar Highway

Hittheroad_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I had just finished riding from Durango to Ouray on my Tenere and I heard a familiar sound. When I looked back the CB went by but he didn't see me trying to flag him down. Looked like a 13' with custom exhaust. It would have been great to talk to a fellow CB owner!
 
Cool. That's a road I want to ride, been all over the west and somehow missed it.
 
Actually, to nit-pick, only the short stretch between Silverton and Ouray, over Red Mountain Pass, is the Million Dollar Highway. The rest of the route, starting from Durango and including Molas Divide and Coal Bank Pass, is simply US 550. Still, quite stunning.

Ferret, you want the entire San Juan Skyway, which is a very scenic loop which also includes the Dallas Divide and Lizard Head Pass. Other great roads in the area include Gateway Canyon (not to be missed!) and the Silver Thread Scenic Byway.
 
see I need to come to Colorado and ride some passes
 
I love that road. The curves without guard rails and a 500 ft. drop make me a little nervous, but it's worth it. The only downside is that's where that diabolical deer knocked my CB over last year, about a mile outside of Ouray.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Actually, to nit-pick, only the short stretch between Silverton and Ouray, over Red Mountain Pass, is the Million Dollar Highway. The rest of the route, starting from Durango and including Molas Divide and Coal Bank Pass, is simply US 550. Still, quite stunning.

Ferret, you want the entire San Juan Skyway, which is a very scenic loop which also includes the Dallas Divide and Lizard Head Pass. Other great roads in the area include Gateway Canyon (not to be missed!) and the Silver Thread Scenic Byway.
Technically he was on the million dollar highway. I just said I was riding from Durango to Ouray, which has that stretch of the million dollar highway.
 
Nice Road:

What Flynrider said, scary without guard rails...it's strange to think hitting a tree might be your best option.

Wonder why it's called the million dollar highway....I million dollars doesn't buy much when it comes to building roads.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Nice Road:

What Flynrider said, scary without guard rails...it's strange to think hitting a tree might be your best option.

Wonder why it's called the million dollar highway....I million dollars doesn't buy much when it comes to building roads.
Wow that was intense. This is more my speed lol

 
Hooley Dooley! What a road.
 
Carguy1959_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Cool. That's a road I want to ride, been all over the west and somehow missed it.
I've been on it and it's a cracker. Wear some Depends.
I've been on it and it's a cracker. Wear some Depends.
I wish we had a Like bottom.. Good one...
As a moderator, I'm not sure that I harbour such a wish. :P
 
Back
Top