CB catching on?

We have had a few ... Worldwide even !
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of people joining with their new CB1100's lately?
You know Hiker, I think your right, or, as they say 'That's what I was thinking (B1)'.




Cheers
 
Just tire kickers. Once they find out how gutless they are, buzzy, straining piles of dog doo they'll run to the nearest Ural dealer and buy one of those. Maybe we should point them to the shoot off article between the CB, the R9T and the Griso so save us some bandwidth; explaining why the bike is not for them (and the colors are all wrong), the dearth of options and farkles, where even Honda dealers have no idea what the darn thing is or what year.

You'd swear it was an Italian bike!

:angel:

(internet sarcasm just incase you all missed it..... :D )
 
Never quite took off in Australia, now it's too late to buy a new one. Instant collector status!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
The salesman at my dealer says everyone who walks through the door always comments on the CB, how cool it looks, and show interest but of course they don't all buy one.
Maybe the think its more of a replica or novelty?
And even in the college town I live, when waiting at lights I'll get an occasional student from the sidewalks comment how it s a nice bike.
Certainly more attention than the 100's of plastic sport bikes get
 
Aussie_imp said:
Never quite took off in Australia, now it's too late to buy a new one. Instant collector status!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While I wish otherwise, I figure that may end up being true for the US, as well. Most of the dealers here in Houston are not even bringing in the 2014 model. After struggling to sell their 2013's (several still haven't), they just are not interested. I am doubting whether the US will even see the 2015's at all. Reminds me of the little GB500 cafe bike. When new, nobody cared. Now try to buy one for less than an arm and a leg.
 
DGShannon_imp said:
Aussie_imp said:
Never quite took off in Australia, now it's too late to buy a new one. Instant collector status!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While I wish otherwise, I figure that may end up being true for the US, as well. Most of the dealers here in Houston are not even bringing in the 2014 model. After struggling to sell their 2013's (several still haven't), they just are not interested. I am doubting whether the US will even see the 2015's at all. Reminds me of the little GB500 cafe bike. When new, nobody cared. Now try to buy one for less than an arm and a leg.
As a niche bike, it was never expected to sell in large numbers. I'm hoping it works out like the last generation CB750 (also a niche bike). Each dealer only sold a few of them each year, but Honda kept making 'em for 12 model years.
 
I was surprised they brought out the 2014 model. I guess they are selling well enough world wide to keep us in the loop a bit longer. The Griso is a real niche bike and I see more of them than the CB!
 
I've seen one other CB1100 (a '13) in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area. A young man in his mid-20s was the operator, and he had a female passenger, same age group.
 
Im 25 years old and as soon as I saw this bike I knew I had to trade the harley for it. And have loved the decision ever since, but still have not seen one on the road and when I bought my 14 they made me sign all the papers before they would even get the crate out of the warehouse and build it cause they were sitting on a 13 on the floor and wanted it gone.
 
Back
Top