CB Barn Finds

Thread starter
$500 cash. I don't think that's much at all but his response indicated to me that it was more than he expected, him and his wife are retired teachers. I do air brush work on the side and they have seen my work in the area- I feel he's looking for a trade. Actually I'm more interested in the CB650 now that I saw it but I also have a butt load of side jobs to finish as well as my primary job obligations. Don't forget I also have a brand new '14 CB1100 in my garage longing for my attention. Now you know the entire story. I'm running out of time.
 
Randy B_imp said:
I got caught off guard at work. That's what I get for not watching the weather report. I bought that car in 1995 in Addison Il, sold it in 1998 and bought it back in 2006. I moved to San Jose in 2008 and that pole jumped in front of me in Oct 2011. It died 20 miles from where it was born. It was built in Fremont.
:(
Were you living in Addison then, Randy? I was next door in Glendale Height's and worked out of Addison in 1995. Had my Grand National stolen from my trucking terminal there in 2000. MFGUSA, seems like a small world to hear you talking about GLDW and Lake Geneva. That's where all us underage FIB's would head in the early 80's so that we could drink legally! Spent many weekends in the bars of Lake Geneva and camping out for the Truckin' & Muddin' weekends at GLDW. Always remember passing the old Playboy Club on the way up and wondering what a mystical place it must be! Good times, good times....
 
I got my son a nice used SRV Striat used a few years ago in mint shape with case he never plays it. I have bought him so many Guiters his favorite is his Martin My wife's dad has a 1936 Gipson he died back in the early 80,s and her older brother has it. He dad bought it brand new
 
Damfino_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
I got caught off guard at work. That's what I get for not watching the weather report. I bought that car in 1995 in Addison Il, sold it in 1998 and bought it back in 2006. I moved to San Jose in 2008 and that pole jumped in front of me in Oct 2011. It died 20 miles from where it was born. It was built in Fremont.
:(
Were you living in Addison then, Randy? I was next door in Glendale Height's and worked out of Addison in 1995. Had my Grand National stolen from my trucking terminal there in 2000. MFGUSA, seems like a small world to hear you talking about GLDW and Lake Geneva. That's where all us underage FIB's would head in the early 80's so that we could drink legally! Spent many weekends in the bars of Lake Geneva and camping out for the Truckin' & Muddin' weekends at GLDW. Always remember passing the old Playboy Club on the way up and wondering what a mystical place it must be! Good times, good times....
Were you living in Addison then, Randy? I was next door in Glendale Height's and worked out of Addison in 1995. Had my Grand National stolen from my trucking terminal there in 2000. MFGUSA, seems like a small world to hear you talking about GLDW and Lake Geneva. That's where all us underage FIB's would head in the early 80's so that we could drink legally! Spent many weekends in the bars of Lake Geneva and camping out for the Truckin' & Muddin' weekends at GLDW. Always remember passing the old Playboy Club on the way up and wondering what a mystical place it must be! Good times, good times....
I was working at Street stuff when I bought it and I had a 1970 Cutlass S that I had a 455 in. I was living in Schaumburg at the time.
 
Thread starter
Ridem32_imp said:
Keep us posted on the bikes. The 76 is the best bike but check it out very well before you buy. Does it run? When was the last time it was run etc.
Here are some pics of the '79 650. My son will get it back to running condition shortly, the throttle grip won't rotate for starters.




[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/MFGUSA/media/062114_095101_zpsd4e09dd0.jpg.html]

It only has like 17k on it! I haven't checked on the '76 750 yet so hold on.
...and here are those Keystones that brought me to that 650.

[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/MFGUSA/media/100_2001_zpsdf667211.jpg.html]

Very nice.
 
I'm holding on for the 76 :). The 650 looks good. Does you son know about repairing bikes? Most Hondas if you take out plugs pour sea foam & marvel oil in the cylinders and just let them soak then turn slowly by hand with a wrench most will free up sticking rings. Good luck with it
Wheels look great. Look new from pics! I gave away that same windshield to a friend yesterday
 
Thread starter
My son is a Auto mechanics/technology teacher at the local high school. He also has service training for Harleys and Yamaha's prior to college (odd stable mates I know). I've worked on lots of bikes in the past and have a library of service manuals, but he's my "go to guy" now. "The Apprentice is now the Master", and I'm good with that!

Only one of the Keystone wheels are less than a 10, probably a 6. The tires are the real issue though and soon to be replaced.
 
My son is 24 he rides with me sometimes. He can work on cars and bikes but he is not into it like I am! I'm the type I will hang with it till I fix it. But I WAS NOT NOW a master ASE TECH I could take the test again but no need to. I just piddle around doing what I want! I am by no means the best bike mechanic on this forum. I have learned al lot on here :)
 
Thread starter
Papa Weeley_imp said:
MFG, if the deal doesn't work out for you on those Keystones, let me know. I've got a set of 15" with maybe 100 miles on them I'd let go -
Thanks, I bought them and they're on my car already (picture). I will be looking for only one 15X7 to replace the "Iffy" one but I'm in no hurry.
 
Thread starter
...and it continues. Picked up a '80 kz1000 LTD with 22k on it. I gave it to my son for his 30th birthday and he should do a great job restoring it. I'll post a pick eventually. I still haven't been up to the cabin to check on the '76 CB750 because I've been so busy. Got to get that done too.
 
That is the CB650 from 1979 that was my first bike. Wow. I have just
made a deal with another Motorcycle head to buy one with 12K on it
that he has in his garage in a basket. I do hope that by now that
650 is on the road. That was such a great bike. I took it from PA to
CA and back. Good bike. One Note: Check the cams. I was told
silly me for listening to the dealer that I had not been using it right
and the cams were worn down. All these years later I have come
into the info that during that time Honda had trouble with the
hardening on all of its cams. Oh, Well. Live and learn. I do hope
it is well and running well.
 
Back
Top