CB 1100 Mods/pics

Chapomis_imp said:
Bummer dude. Thanks for asking though, appreciate it.
It is a bummer. Guess they reckon they can't make a buck from it.
 
Thread starter
at $800 for 1 if it were $1600 for two that would be a hard pill to swallow. Almost into 4 into 4 territory there
 
The ferret_imp said:
at $800 for 1 if it were $1600 for two that would be a hard pill to swallow. Almost into 4 into 4 territory there
Yah, it was ~$850 for both of my Over Racing slip-ons from Samurider, and I am very happy with the look and sound.
 
Well, after looking at my own recently posted pics, I felt like changing things up. I've had what I call the "superbike" look for about a year now, and decided to go back to a more retro-blingy-chromey look. Added a chrome Kijima grab bar and chrome bar-end weights from Mr. T, and put the stock chrome front fender and mirrors back on. Nice look with the chrome chainguard, metal front sprocket cover, etc. (all other mods are listed on my previous post a couple of pages back). It would look even more retro without the fairing, but I like the hole it punches in the air too much to take it off. It's not quite as unique looking now, and I think I like the superbike mode better, but it's a nice change of pace for a while:


[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-3-18%20167_zpsz4xgvwc7.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-3-18%20168_zpscrpnvpmc.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-3-18%20169_zps7shat6gn.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-3-18%20170_zpsp21xr7ju.jpg.html]
 
Thanks, Ron!
It does look pretty nice, all shiny like this. I had a small group of guys gathered around it when I came out of the Honda dealer on Saturday, so that was a great ego-stroker, but I'm already thinking about going back to that previous look, and maybe adding the black, shorty rear fender... :D
 
Hey Papa, No parking in front of the roll up door :P
 
Papa Wheeley I was wondering if you think that Tiro seat is much wider where your butt sits than the OEM seat? Also is it much higher than stock? And lastly is it $500.00 more comfortable than stock? It certainly looks great.

modmaster
 
modmaster_imp said:
Papa Wheeley I was wondering if you think that Tiro seat is much wider where your butt sits than the OEM seat? Also is it much higher than stock? And lastly is it $500.00 more comfortable than stock? It certainly looks great.

modmaster
I don't think you can buy the Tiros K new anymore. It was wider and taller than my OEM seat. A lot better support but retained the style of the bike.
 
Personally, I prefer your new look Papa! Really like your new grab bar, I prefer the chrome fender, and the stock mirrors. Perhaps a set of fork gaiters would complete the look?

Never been a big fan of the CB500 mirrors, though I know they are very popular among members here. The funny thing is, I owned a CB500 before the 11, and the stock mirrors were one of the most common upgrades there as most people didn't like them. When I joined this forum, I smiled at how popular they were here, and are seen as an improvement to this absolutely gorgeous bike :)


Papa Weeley_imp said:
Thanks, Ron!
It does look pretty nice, all shiny like this. I had a small group of guys gathered around it when I came out of the Honda dealer on Saturday, so that was a great ego-stroker, but I'm already thinking about going back to that previous look, and maybe adding the black, shorty rear fender... :D
 
me too, not a fan of those black bulky cb500 mirrors

the stock mirrors or the Napoleon mirrors fit the bike better imo.
 
My bike is nowhere near as special/modded as most others here, but i thought I'd share nevertheless. I fell in love with the stock design of this bike, so I wanted to stay as close to it as possible. I've added just a few modifications to make it a slightly more practical commuter as well as sport tourer, since it's my only bike and I ride all year long. Anything drastic that would ruin the looks was out (e.g. massive screen, topbox, etc).

I've added:
Oxford heated grips
Dart flyscreen (smaller version)
Fehling rear rack (thanks to Django for finding that one)
Kawa fork gaiters (purely cosmetic reasons, thanks to Ferret for the tip)

96c422faddb037217cb3778f97cf5f1c.jpg


2357e14c5f9309c01a57a9ff914956d5.jpg


The only thing I'd still like to add is a higher custom seat since I find the ergos a little cramped for my legs (6'2", long legs). Apart from that I am perfectly happy with everything :D
 
wow! your amazing pictures make the bike look like its popping out of my screen :)

what kind of camera are you using, seems an expensive piece of hardware you got there :)
 
modmaster_imp said:
Kennyw, they still have it available only in real leather.

modmaster

http://www.samurider.com/?p=17273/#itemImage
Hey Modmaster,

I bought Kenny's Tiros K seat. According to the specs it was around .8 inches taller than stock, but to me it feels taller than that. Definitely wider and flatter than stock, which is exactly what I was looking for. I can't speak for the leather since the original came in a tough, stitched vinyl. I really love this seat. It's the kind of seat you should expect to find on a retro UJM.
 
Riko_imp said:
wow! your amazing pictures make the bike look like its popping out of my screen :)

what kind of camera are you using, seems an expensive piece of hardware you got there :)
If the info embedded in the picture is right, it's a Nikon D3000.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
wow! your amazing pictures make the bike look like its popping out of my screen :)

what kind of camera are you using, seems an expensive piece of hardware you got there :)
If the info embedded in the picture is right, it's a Nikon D3000.
If the info embedded in the picture is right, it's a Nikon D3000.
Thanks for the compliment Riko, but Cormanus is right, it's my girlfriend's entry level dslr. Not fancy at all. I used a decent lens (a fixed 50mm) but that's nothing expensive or special either. The bike is quite special though! :cool:
 
Back
Top