Pterodactyl I'm so very pleased you still have the Crapislava. You'll be able to give your piles a break and ride it to Phillip Island. I'll be riding my C90. I've got it running on 2-stroke irony.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
.I'm not sure why I'm respondeing to your question, this thread should have been closed some time ago. But maybe this will clear things up for you, if not maybe its time to move on to some other forum to dis-like there ride.co6aka_imp said:Can someone pls tell me point blank if the engine response and sound as shown in virtualGuth video (7:35-8:15) normal and typical of CB1100? Because this was pretty much my experience on the test ride, and I didn't like it.
Normally this might be considered splitting hairs and overly nit-picking, but we all know that Honda engineers spent an obsessive amount of effort to get it 'just right'. So I just want to know if this is the expected end result? Because if it is normal, and expected, I would like to know if a pipe or a tune can change it.
I think I finally figured out why me mileage is so good. I'm in 6th gear by the time I hit 40mph.Pterodactyl_imp said:Nice vid CIP. 0 - 100 in? Yeeeehah!
Cheers

leepy:
WOW. Pls don't tell me U edited it with reverb or something...To some of us, he's always 'virtual'. Although, to play to RandyB's prejudice, I kept worrying he'd run flat out into someone coming the other way as he kept riding on the wrong side of the road.Cormanus_imp said:To some of us, he's always 'virtual'. Although, to play to RandyB's prejudice, I kept worrying he'd run flat out into someone coming the other way as he kept riding on the wrong side of the road.The ferret_imp said:Hmmm Oregon...virtualGuth... Wonder who that might be?
Well, I may be the only one, but I love my CB just as it is. It is, for my purposes, perfect. Honda hit the bull's eye with me.ClassicVW_imp said:You're not the only one, firstfour. It is perfect for me too.![]()
+1
You're not the only one, firstfour. It is perfect for me too.
I think that makes it +3.

Well, I may be the only one, but I love my CB just as it is. It is, for my purposes, perfect. Honda hit the bull's eye with me.ClassicVW_imp said:You're not the only one, firstfour. It is perfect for me too.
co6aka_imp said:Can someone pls tell me point blank if the engine response and sound as shown in virtualGuth video (7:35-8:15) normal and typical of CB1100? Because this was pretty much my experience on the test ride, and I didn't like it.
Normally this might be considered splitting hairs and overly nit-picking, but we all know that Honda engineers spent an obsessive amount of effort to get it 'just right'. So I just want to know if this is the expected end result? Because if it is normal, and expected, I would like to know if a pipe or a tune can change it.
So, co6aka, work with me here. Treat this thread as a sort of group therapy session. I wondered when I first saw the first post I've quoted whether the problem was revs or noise. Now I'm really wondering.co6aka_imp said:Wow. Guth, you just sold me a bike... Staintune, of course!! This is *it*. What a rush! I watched every YouTube video with it, and unless they've been edited, I absolutely love the sound.. so deep and sonic, like the baseline of Bach fugueWOW. Pls don't tell me U edited it with reverb or something...
Does it require PCM remap, or just slips on?
Mate, are you subtly stirring the pot here, or am I an overly sensitive and easily bruised little thing?co6aka_imp said:Wow. Guth, you just sold me a bike... Staintune, of course!! This is *it*. What a rush! I watched every YouTube video with it, and unless they've been edited, I absolutely love the sound.. so deep and sonic, like the baseline of Bach fugueWOW. Pls don't tell me U edited it with reverb or something...
Does it require PCM remap, or just slips on?
Mate, are you subtly stirring the pot here, or am I an overly sensitive and easily bruised little thing? The stock CB does not REQUIRE anything.Pterodactyl_imp said:Mate, are you subtly stirring the pot here, or am I an overly sensitive and easily bruised little thing?co6aka_imp said:Wow. Guth, you just sold me a bike... Staintune, of course!! This is *it*. What a rush! I watched every YouTube video with it, and unless they've been edited, I absolutely love the sound.. so deep and sonic, like the baseline of Bach fugueWOW. Pls don't tell me U edited it with reverb or something...
Does it require PCM remap, or just slips on?
The stock CB does not REQUIRE anything. Not one single little thing. On the other hand, you may choose to do what you WANT to it to suit your own needs, both physical and psychological. There would be innumerable threads on this forum illustrating that.
Cheers, and don't forget, post pictures of the new bike. Any particular colour in mind?
. Now that would be a WILD CHILD.