Bucket List ride

Thread starter
LOL well, there it was..I heard it..Winona..still don't know where it is but I had to have ridden through it lol

Thanks for the education Sue..and EmptySea
 
The ferret_imp said:
LOL well, there it was..I heard it..Winona..still don't know where it is but I had to have ridden through it lol

Thanks for the education Sue..and EmptySea
It's about a dozen miles east of Flagstaff. Easy to miss. I'd be surprised if 100 people lived there.

Bonus useless trivia : The Route 66 song was written by Bobby Troup, best known as the gray haired "Dr. Early" on the TV show "Emergency".
 
Psssst....ThomWill is referencing a (different) song, Mickey.

(in anticipation of the next post... The Eagles "Take It Easy")

(and, Ridem, I wasn't picking on Sue...I was picking on Ferret. LOL)
 
Thread starter
ThomWill_imp said:
In Winslow, AZ, they have a flat-bed Ford, where your can be "Standing on the Corner.." and get your picture made.
EmptySea_imp said:
Psssst....ThomWill is referencing a (different) song, Mickey.

(in anticipation of the next post... The Eagles "Take It Easy")

(and, Ridem, I wasn't picking on Sue...I was picking on Ferret. LOL)
Hey that one I know...and we actually stopped in Winslow Az and looked for the pick up truck on the corner which my buddy thought was there, but we couldn't find it!

BTW They have some SERIOUS neighborhood speed humps in Winslow AZ
 
Thread starter
Hey Sue...Look what I found in my pictures ... lol

 
All the photos from this epic trip no longer link properly. :(

Definitely NOT asking you to fix it, as that would be a herculean task.

It's just the kind of trip report that is fun to read through at least once a year.

Well, there's really only one solution... Do the trip again, Mickey!! :)

:biker:
 
Thread starter
Holy cow never imagined this would come back up after all this time. ANyhow after about a year I go thru and clean out my Photobucket acct to make room for all the new pics I take. I try and save the History pics and the How To Pics, so those threads don't get messed up, but unfortunately that means old seat time pics get deleted. Sorry.

Ps would love to make the trip again, however there are still 8 states in the lower 48 I need to ride to to fill in my lower 48 map and they get priority.
 
Totally understand and no problem at all. An epic bucket list trip with a riding buddy like that is something I like to dream about and plan for, even while work and kids keep me too busy to actually do such a trip for a while. Thanks for sharing and kudos for making the trip happen in the first place.
 
That was quit an adventure ferret but the photo's are gone so I used imagination. the 1300 is a fine looking bike.
My health will slow down my 50+ years of riding but I plan to make Barber this Oct. and my 1100 just got loaded up today and will be here by next Thursday.
I did ride 6 miles today behind a dripping Garbage truck on a two lane in the Florida sun with all its fragrance...........
 
Back
Top