Brand new CB 1100

Novice_imp said:
Low VIN numbers are overrated. I would rather save the $.
Oh I dunno.....

<-----000015. :P
 
Hiker he is not talking about plates, he is talking the motorcycle's vehicle identification number ie: serial number

It has never occurred to me that a low digit vin on a vehicle would be worth any more than any other vin.

Looking at the registry the lowest vin we have in 0002, but we have 1/2 doz or so around the globe in the single digits

looks like the highest is 2333

CB1100_Owners_Register
 
Congrats on the purchase! Riding is better than collecting!My brother was awarded a 1973 Z1 for his hard work at Kawasaki (he was vp of Sales and Marketing back in the old days). The VIN was 69 and he never road the dang bike and eventually he sold it to a collector. Sad story time.
 
My 2013 is 000043. Assuming they are indeed sequential, it seems odd that any early production was given to Canada.

Edit: just looked at the registry, cool that we (Canada) seem to have got most of the early #s.
 
Each country gets it's own set of VIN's. There is a country code built into it somewhere I think.
 
kmoney_imp said:
My 2013 is 000043. Assuming they are indeed sequential, it seems odd that any early production was given to Canada.

Edit: just looked at the registry, cool that we (Canada) seem to have got most of the early #s.
You just got added to the Registry. Congratulations!

You're the highest 2013 VIN for Canada and one of only 3.
 
Unless you are putting an unused CB1100 directly into a museum, a low VIN means nothing. Later may even be better if they make any changes or improvements.
 
Ivan_imp said:
I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new 2014 Honda CB 1100 for $6,999.00 from a Honda dealer in PA. The bike has been sitting unsold on the dealer floor for almost two years and is VIN#1760. I wanted a much lower number but the price seems reasonable. Any thoughts and suggestions on this?
I'll sell you mine... Vin #19 if you really want it. I think it's the lowest
Vin number in the group. $15000 cash, low miles and I'll even throw in some extras. :D
 
While low vin numbers to me don't mean much in and of them themselves, there is some attachment to certain numbers for particular individuals.

For Me I'd love to have vin #7, The John Elway CB 1100 Memorial Edition. :) I'd also be interested in #53 (my jersey number in High School).

As it is this Spurs fan will have to settle for riding #21, the 2013 Standard :worship: Tim Duncan :worship: Limited Edition CB1100. While I'd love to have a 6th gear I'm not giving up #21 (a future Hall of Famer). Now, if only it had been Black and Silver!!!
 
Frulk_imp said:
While low vin numbers to me don't mean much in and of them themselves, there is some attachment to certain numbers for particular individuals.

For Me I'd love to have vin #7, The John Elway CB 1100 Memorial Edition. :) I'd also be interested in #53 (my jersey number in High School).

As it is this Spurs fan will have to settle for riding #21, the 2013 Standard :worship: Tim Duncan :worship: Limited Edition CB1100. While I'd love to have a 6th gear I'm not giving up #21 (a future Hall of Famer). Now, if only it had been Black and Silver!!!
I own #0007...I'm more of a James Bond fan than I am an Elway fan. (Now if I can just get those rocket launchers mounted to the fork braces!) :D
 
Back
Top