Bonneville (not the bike)

pdedse

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
A beautiful November day, 50 degrees, sunny and no wind. Took a trip east along the Columbia, crossed the Bridge of the Gods and headed back west on 14 on the Washington side.

Just west of the Bonneville Dam
fc5e8f4508f005cec30ef6579f1501fd.jpg


14ca5379d4fea0b8cf70e446dec712ef.jpg


A nice hiking area along the bank of the river
01a0af032bc489d780a87f479bd8af36.jpg


Part of the Bonneville Dam
0da7d75193586a4aebbdc6c1137c01a4.jpg


I grew up in Kansas and we prounouned that other state "our Kansas", so I had to take a photo of this sticker
9d0c30038e3a0473281da1010dfdcdd7.jpg


Started getting a bit nippy as the sun went down, but I recently purchased some glove liners and they helped...as did two layers under the mc pants, 2 shirts, a sweatshirt and winter mc jacket, baklava under the helmet...just warm enough to really enjoy a 100 mile ride.

ceac604499e35d1b8deefd764cc6a3bd.jpg
 
As always, lovely pictures, pdedse.
 
I think it's soooo nice to see that somebody else at the other end of the world rides the same model, same color, same "nakedness" (no bug screens, etc.), even the same engine guard. Amazing no ?
 
Pdedse said: "I grew up in Kansas and we prounouced that other state "our Kansas", so I had to take a photo of this sticker"

Great pictures Pdedse. Beautiful scenery. I also grew up in SE KS, Iola, Pittsburg and Independence, and it always amused me that the state was pronounced "Arkansaw," while the river (in Kansas) was the "ArkanSAS," just like it was spelled. Good catch on the stickers.
 
Thread starter
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Pdedse said: "I grew up in Kansas and we prounouced that other state "our Kansas", so I had to take a photo of this sticker"

Great pictures Pdedse. Beautiful scenery. I also grew up in SE KS, Iola, Pittsburg and Independence, and it always amused me that the state was pronounced "Arkansaw," while the river (in Kansas) was the "ArkanSAS," just like it was spelled. Good catch on the stickers.
Haha...that's funny... I studied for a few years in Winfield, KS, very near Arkansas City (in Kansas)...



Relatedly, I found this on the 'net..."During the early days of statehood, Arkansas’ two U.S. Senators were divided on the spelling and pronunciation. One was always introduced as the senator from “ARkanSAW” and the other as the senator from “Ar-KANSAS”. In 1881, the state’s General Assembly passed resolution 1-4-105 declaring that the state’s name should be spelled “Arkansas” but pronounced “Arkansaw”.
Whoops_imp said:
Calendar-worthy shots those are! What a beautiful ride.
The Columbia River Gorge dividing OR / WA is such a beautiful area. It's difficult to not stop for photos. A person could do worse than to choose to live nearby.
 
Nice pictures of the Columbia and the Gorge. I did fire up the CB and rode around the neighborhood and got some fuel yesterday. Very brisk and still fun to ride. Thanks for sharing!
 
pdedse_imp said:
A beautiful November day, 50 degrees, sunny and no wind. Took a trip east along the Columbia, crossed the Bridge of the Gods and headed back west on 14 on the Washington side.

Just west of the Bonneville Dam
fc5e8f4508f005cec30ef6579f1501fd.jpg


14ca5379d4fea0b8cf70e446dec712ef.jpg


A nice hiking area along the bank of the river
01a0af032bc489d780a87f479bd8af36.jpg


Part of the Bonneville Dam
0da7d75193586a4aebbdc6c1137c01a4.jpg


I grew up in Kansas and we prounouned that other state "our Kansas", so I had to take a photo of this sticker
9d0c30038e3a0473281da1010dfdcdd7.jpg


Started getting a bit nippy as the sun went down, but I recently purchased some glove liners and they helped...as did two layers under the mc pants, 2 shirts, a sweatshirt and winter mc jacket, baklava under the helmet...just warm enough to really enjoy a 100 mile ride.

ceac604499e35d1b8deefd764cc6a3bd.jpg
wow, just wow on your pictures of your ride to the river. quite the change in scenery from Kansas :thumbsup: :biker:
 
Back
Top