BMW R18

It does not appeal to me at all.
Ugly: fish and fat pipes, rear fender...with Rear Start Control - really?, for a bike..and HD style, sorry:-/
 
What is Rear Start Control?
 
Razor_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
What is Rear Start Control?
Have no idea, if I had to guess... must be when the passenger is asked to start the bike :-/:rolleyes::D
Have no idea, if I had to guess... must be when the passenger is asked to start the bike :-/:rolleyes::D
Not an option, single seat & no rear pegs?? :P
 
I can already see the aftermarket exhaust companies salivating about their new potential customers.
Hill start? With a bike that heavy, I'd definitely want that. My Ford Fiesta has that, and I like it.
I wonder if it will have more appeal than the R1200C. Who knows, James Bond might ride one, like he did the R1200C...
 
The word that comes to mind is ; strange, individual parts are mostly nice but i'm missing the harmony bit where it fits in with each other.
Only when you see it next to a Harley the front and tail section starts to compare very closely, it looks as if the harley part of the team flew over with some parts and they mounted them to the frame, stood back and concluded: "that looks better now" the smoaks has a ride on it and predictably has a drooling description of the 90 hp hybrid;

Even the original bmw clips are done with young architect types, also strange and aimless.

This bike could have been done better, seems to ride ok but so do a lot of bikes
 
Regardless of it's style, I've always been attracted to the traditional BMW colors of black with the white stripes.. I have heard them called "coach stripes" by BMW Illuminati.

I think that's what attracted me to the bike I rode for several years before I bought my CB.
 
Not seen in person, but personally I admire the concept and I think is a fantastic option for those in that particular market ..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I like how uncluttered it looks. With one exception: Is that the oil cooler right behind the front tire? If so, that's gotta be the stupidest place on the whole bike. All the debris from the front tire...
 
peterbaron_imp said:
It does not appeal to me at all.
Ugly: fish and fat pipes, rear fender...with Rear Start Control - really?, for a bike..and HD style, sorry:-/
Yeh I agree, and the engine looks like it belongs on a kitchen counter top baking huge loaves of bread.
 
Billie_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
It does not appeal to me at all.
Ugly: fish and fat pipes, rear fender...with Rear Start Control - really?, for a bike..and HD style, sorry:-/
Yeh I agree, and the engine looks like it belongs on a kitchen counter top baking huge loaves of bread.
 
Back
Top