BMW R18

I would never buy one, our roads here would crush its capability but in the flesh they are a work of art. You just need to ride it within its capabilities and accept what those may be. I try and always remind myself to judge a bike for "what it is" rather than "what it isn't".
 
Thread starter
Tev62_imp said:
I would never buy one, our roads here would crush its capability but in the flesh they are a work of art. You just need to ride it within its capabilities and accept what those may be. I try and always remind myself to judge a bike for "what it is" rather than "what it isn't".
True words.

I thank you all very much for your input, which is just as diverse and contrary as my own feelings. One moment I think I don't need that thing, next moment I bewonder the steam engine, the fine quality also in material, all metal, no plastic, the engineering in this machine, the simple design.

Well next week I will get one for one or two days, let's see if it can convince me on the road.
 
Django_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
I would never buy one, our roads here would crush its capability but in the flesh they are a work of art. You just need to ride it within its capabilities and accept what those may be. I try and always remind myself to judge a bike for "what it is" rather than "what it isn't".
True words.

I thank you all very much for your input, which is just as diverse and contrary as my own feelings. One moment I think I don't need that thing, next moment I bewonder the steam engine, the fine quality also in material, all metal, no plastic, the engineering in this machine, the simple design.

Well next week I will get one for one or two days, let's see if it can convince me on the road.
Ride the art Django.

Share your experiences and revised inner desires.
 
Thread starter
I'm personally not so good in reviews, so let this guy speak for me:


"It got into my head and never got out of my head."
 
Thread starter
Friday finally I got my R18 handed over. It has a passenger seat now and a sissy bar. The exhaust is the genius one.
Why does it have to rain when I pick up my new motorbike?

b0bbdd175f93ca0a4eb894f909475ae1.jpg


Today I started to look a bit what's under the hood. :D

29b99b315c98e2cea8d9d9df74961ec1.jpg


d53e68663ee5de5a7a349d12531434c3.jpg


399b6213bdaad14490119fd16ae14636.jpg
 
Back
Top