Black Brake and Clutch Levers - Any Recommendations

mjezek_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Any recommendation for adjustable Brake and Clutch Lever in Black ? I am in the process of changing the cockpit ( CB500F Mirrors , Type II Handlebar ) and the OEM Levers are both pretty much junk, since the previous owner decided not to ever use the dial adjuster and the adjustment works now only with pliers .... any suggestions beside getting new OEM and NOT all that Chinese crap on eBay ?
 
Pliers? You know that you have to push the lever out and then turn the adjuster, right?
 
Curious also why your adjuster on the levers do not work any longer. Im still tinkering with mine to get the feel I want. What did the previous owner do to make you lose adjustments?

Good choice on the CB500F mirrors. I still dont have mine ordered but I know this is going to be a good mod for me.
 
Thread starter
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Curious also why your adjuster on the levers do not work any longer. Im still tinkering with mine to get the feel I want. What did the previous owner do to make you lose adjustments?

Good choice on the CB500F mirrors. I still dont have mine ordered but I know this is going to be a good mod for me.
It's called corrosion .... I guess ... I already took the lever off ... all the old tricks ( including WD-40 ) .... now at least the the adjuster rotates again ... but you need to take some pretty good force to move the internal linkage into the next position ...

Sorry guys, I am asking for recommendation of new aftermarket levers .... not how to fix them .... :@
 
I have red U-Kanaya levers on my CB1100 and black ones on my new NC700X, both from Mr. T. They are a high quality product. You can get less expensive levers but would be hard pressed to get better ones, especially at that price point.
 
Thread starter
INTP_imp said:
I had the black ones, they faded to a bronze color. They were the cheap knockoffs.
Yep, but on the other hand, you save so much money, that you just buy another set ...:D
I've seen some for as low as $19 .... yikes, not sure if I would trust my life on those ....
 
mjezek_imp said:
INTP_imp said:
I had the black ones, they faded to a bronze color. They were the cheap knockoffs.
Yep, but on the other hand, you save so much money, that you just buy another set ...:D
I've seen some for as low as $19 .... yikes, not sure if I would trust my life on those ....
Yep, but on the other hand, you save so much money, that you just buy another set ...:D
I've seen some for as low as $19 .... yikes, not sure if I would trust my life on those ....
I replaced my faded black ones with silver. I assume that the silver will fade to silver, but you never know.

I still have the faded ones, they work fine. Perhaps someone here will want to give them a new home.
 
Back
Top