Bike damage list

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I just saw my bike for the first time. My friend had picked it up for me and brought it home.

Today was the first time I have been able to move enough to go outside and down the stairs to the driveway to see it.

Amazingly it is in really good shape. The left engine guard took the worst of it, scraped and bent back just enough before contacting the side cover. Too bad they don't sell them in left and right.

List of 'damage'-

left rear blinker snapped off
left front blinker orange cover scraped
left passenger peg scraped (I have a spare)
left driver peg scraped (I have a spare)
left engine guard scraped and bent backward
left clutch lever rlet worn through
left Tanax mirror well worn
left gauge cover scraped
headlight trim ring scraped
little metal rim of actual headlight scraped

Amazingly nothing important was touched. (seat, tank, forks, engine, gauges) The engine guard will probably be by far the most expensive part to replace. But it saved countless more damage.

2b15afb5428633b3c86a927b9115d714.jpg

b1bd50220d1abe688153b73e0d7d0eff.jpg

ffad8bc354ee48d3133e566639df7bb6.jpg

8dc5775f309e069d6cd5821f500123ed.jpg

58f4452d272a59c4dcfd97a58e8eb642.jpg

bc9ab0067cbef36b31d04b30a26817c1.jpg
 
Thread starter
That's part of what makes me not want to ride any more- how much damage *I* took, and the pain I am in, for not really being a bad accident as far as the speed I was going and not having actually hit anything. Even fully geared up short of an airbag.
 
I expected much worse.

Your poor RLET really took it on the chin. To many here, that's the real tragedy (aside from your injuries). Very glad you're regaining some motion and better able to get around.
 
Some people trip over a curb and break a hip. Others, myself included, fall off 30 cliffs and get a few bumps and scrapes. You just never know. I am happy to hear you were able to walk outside! Seems you are recovering well? I know it must all hurt like heck but I am sure glad it wasn't worse. Get well quickly friend!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Josh,
If you started looking at your bike = you are getting better and thinking to be in your saddle some time from now...and I keep my fingers crossed for your wish to come true :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
 
Good news on the bike Josh. Sorry you had to take the brunt of it.

As mentioned above sometimes it’s the smaller accidents that cause the most damage. Ten years ago I was using a 5 ft step ladder to wash my box van. The ladder tilted out from under me and I fell sideways instinctively trying to break my fall with my elbow. That ended up driving my arm up through my shoulder joint both dislocating and shattering it in one fell swoop. That was a six month recovery and it never will be the same. Used to love to golf before that, haven’t been able to play since.
 
doesn't look too bad. but we all know scratched up motorcycle parts aren't that serious. scratched up bodies are. hope YOU are feeling better.

kiowa.. you just showed the vehicle you get hurt on doesn't even need to be a vehicle at all. one of my t best clients that I had when i was still working fell from a ladder and sustained some very serious injuries that he never really recovered from. forced his early retirement. come to think of it, a relative by marriage's husband fell from one and was killed.

Fate....
 
So the exhaust/mufflers weren't damaged? How does that happen when the bike is on its side? Engine guards? Yeah but they are in the front.... Just curious.

P.D. You think an airvest would have mitigated some of your injury? Great for the torso not much help in the lower extremities. That said, I'd like one.
 
Thread starter
My muffler is on the right side, all my damage is on the left.

Hard to say if an air vest would have made any difference. I think my whole body and insides got twisted and shook up pretty good.

I’m pretty sad- I still love riding, but never want to go through this pain again, or worse.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Your damage is very similar to mine but mine was on the right side and unfortunately the muffler suffered as well.
 
Thread starter
All parts ordered except a new tannex mirror and engine guards. Cost about $180 shipped.

I’ll put the stock mirrors back on for now, and probably just remove the engine guards for the sale.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
So, you're going to sell it?
 
Thread starter
Yea. I am still in great pain in many places, and tonight is a week.

Right now last week I was in the trauma unit, so I keep telling myself I am slowly getting better.

I am out of work for many weeks, and no work = no pay.

I never want to be in this pain again or worse.

I am going to trailer the bike back to the local dyno shop once I am able to do so and will perform some final runs to see what Guhl’s ecu tuning did.

Somebody is going to get a very cool, comfortable, well sorted bike.

e1290ab09a011c1380ae5c4de519e336.png
 
I'm sorry to hear that Josh but I understand. I reached a point in my late 30's that I decided it wasn't worth the risk. It wasn't a single accident but more of an amalgam of experiences that convinced me. You may decide to come back to it some day as I have, you may not. Either way I wish you the best. Maybe we can still meet in Frenchtown someday, we'll bring the wives (gf in my case) and meet for lunch.
 
I’m sorry too, PowerDubs, but I understand.
 
Back
Top