danieljrmurray_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Hey y'all, new to the CB life. Threw down nearly 2400 miles I'm 2 months on the sweet 2013 I snagged from an old retired fella for $3800 (WHAT A STEAL, and it's ABS). I was riding on an unfamiliar road in the dark when it was super smokey here in Oregon and did a big doozy and wrecked the bike. It's luckily cosmetic damage. I need suggestions for a new instrument cluster, I do find the OEM one bulky and I'm sure it's expensive. Any quality after market suggestions? I will also need a new exhaust tip, I was thinking of the Arrow slip on as it looks OEM but is slimmer. I also like the bike quiet for my 5am commutes. It needs new side covers and a new right side peg and brake lever. The headlight housing and trim ring also took some damage. The bars got bent and so did the center stand. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I thank my lucky stars my tank only got the tiniest clear coat knick considering the bike slammed me to the ground at 30+mph and slid 30ft or so. All in all, I walked away with a minor concussion and some bruises, mostly to my ego. I'm still waiting to hear back from insurance about whether or not they are going to total it but I'm anticipating the worst case scenario. But you best believe this is the most brilliant bike I've ridden and I'll for sure be fixing it up even if they total it because there's no way I'm finding one for that price again.
