best looking helmets

Thread starter
b00b14108cb0e289204b20b956287585.jpg
 
Henrik_imp said:
Interesting original comment. I tend to find the graphics of the helmets offered here in Europe to be pretty boring for the most part. Personally I love the extravagant graphics found on helmets in Japan. Typically Japanese racers have some very intricate designs that I really love.

As I go to Japan quite often, I have been several times to helmet shops there and reveled in the colourful graphic designs available. I ended up getting this one:

82cae4bb8a1213b40a9936c7f21f8fcc.jpg


I know it is not to everybody's taste, but I love it.
I love that design! Any time you can get Hokusai's woodblock prints on your helmet, you gotta do it. Something about riding the CB1100 under the Great Wave of Kanagawa just seems so right...
 
My end of season purchase last October and first Shoei helmet. Lighter and quieter than my last...a HJC.
9f8205f0945976c66734b1ca345f55dc.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I like my silver Aria with no graphics , some of the "wilder" graphics are too much for this old man . I do Freddie Spencer helmet and some older Read and Agostini designs.
 
Thread starter
I like those yellow cheek pads! That's one of the things I like so much about X-Lite, is the sea foam colored liners.
e153a8e837c40917403eeba569c6c23f.jpg

check this thing out!!
0f184f84d2b93d45e472491011051737.jpg
 
When I go helmet shopping, I rarely find a graphic design I like in the model I want to buy. So, I end up getting a solid white, or if available, a hi-viz.

I usually put some reflective stripes on them, and a few decals to mimic some sort of racing livery.

I now have a Gulf, a Martini, and my newest, an AGIP.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I think HJC makes very attractive helmets, probably why they are the #1 helmet mfg in the world.
I agree. I think HJC hits the nail on the head for helmets. I don't worry about my helmet when I leave it on the bike if I'm somewhat near it, but my buddy has an Arai and lugs it with him everywhere he goes. I do, however, carry a length of length of stainless cable to lock my helmet/jacket to the bike anywhere a putz teenager might lift it off the mirror and throw it into the bushes just for aggravation.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I think HJC makes very attractive helmets, probably why they are the #1 helmet mfg in the world.
I agree. I think HJC hits the nail on the head for helmets. I don't worry about my helmet when I leave it on the bike if I'm somewhat near it, but my buddy has an Arai and lugs it with him everywhere he goes. I do, however, carry a length of length of stainless cable to lock my helmet/jacket to the bike anywhere a putz teenager might lift it off the mirror and throw it into the bushes just for aggravation.
I agree. I think HJC hits the nail on the head for helmets. I don't worry about my helmet when I leave it on the bike if I'm somewhat near it, but my buddy has an Arai and lugs it with him everywhere he goes. I do, however, carry a length of length of stainless cable to lock my helmet/jacket to the bike anywhere a putz teenager might lift it off the mirror and throw it into the bushes just for aggravation.
... or in deep urban settings if left locked on the side helmet latch, some "aggravated punk" decides to take a leak in it. :dodgy:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I think HJC makes very attractive helmets, probably why they are the #1 helmet mfg in the world.
I agree. I think HJC hits the nail on the head for helmets. I don't worry about my helmet when I leave it on the bike if I'm somewhat near it, but my buddy has an Arai and lugs it with him everywhere he goes. I do, however, carry a length of length of stainless cable to lock my helmet/jacket to the bike anywhere a putz teenager might lift it off the mirror and throw it into the bushes just for aggravation.
I agree. I think HJC hits the nail on the head for helmets. I don't worry about my helmet when I leave it on the bike if I'm somewhat near it, but my buddy has an Arai and lugs it with him everywhere he goes. I do, however, carry a length of length of stainless cable to lock my helmet/jacket to the bike anywhere a putz teenager might lift it off the mirror and throw it into the bushes just for aggravation.
... or in deep urban settings if left locked on the side helmet latch, some "aggravated punk" decides to take a leak in it. :dodgy:
I agree. I think HJC hits the nail on the head for helmets. I don't worry about my helmet when I leave it on the bike if I'm somewhat near it, but my buddy has an Arai and lugs it with him everywhere he goes. I do, however, carry a length of length of stainless cable to lock my helmet/jacket to the bike anywhere a putz teenager might lift it off the mirror and throw it into the bushes just for aggravation.
... or in deep urban settings if left locked on the side helmet latch, some "aggravated punk" decides to take a leak in it. :dodgy:
At least he did not take a pooh into your helmet , just be grateful .....
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
When I go helmet shopping, I rarely find a graphic design I like in the model I want to buy. So, I end up getting a solid white, or if available, a hi-viz.

I usually put some reflective stripes on them, and a few decals to mimic some sort of racing livery.

I now have a Gulf, a Martini, and my newest, an AGIP.

I've never even heard of any of those. :huh:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
When I go helmet shopping, I rarely find a graphic design I like in the model I want to buy. So, I end up getting a solid white, or if available, a hi-viz.

I usually put some reflective stripes on them, and a few decals to mimic some sort of racing livery.

I now have a Gulf, a Martini, and my newest, an AGIP.

I've never even heard of any of those. :huh:

I've never even heard of any of those. :huh:
RE AGIP: Get a Moto Guzzi or Aprilia and they typically come with a few AGIP labels already on the bike.
 
Thread starter
I've never heard of those either... now I have something to google tonight!

Gulf and Martini look to be auto racing helmets. Agip all I get is stickers...
 
Looks to me like AGIP is an oil company. I like how you turned this into an oil thread, Gone in 60. :D
 
Back
Top