Best Dyno HP numbers?

CB4ME_imp said:
xNE0x_imp said:
Honestly, if you are looking for gut wrenching performance.. You should have bought a sports bike. The inline four in the cb1100 was not made for super performance, and anything you do to it will only result in nominal gains vs a hefty cost. Unless you dropped a pretty penny on 2 cams, and a set of big bore pistons.. You won't see any substantial gains.
I agree. I didn't buy the CB1100 for sports bike performance. Nevertheless, a 10 or 15 hp gain is noticeable and within easy reach. Why not have your cake and eat it too?
Why fix something that isn't broke? :)

Rebel73_imp said:
Hey, if a guy wants to squeeze a few more ponies out of his CB, it's his choice and his wallet.
Agreed. Your bike, your choice. I look at it from an engine builders point of view, as I've dropped over 4k into my CB750. It took superflow valves, a webcam #41, mac 4 into 1 exhaust, high performance andrews ignition coils, new NGK plug wires, a 915 big bore kit, shop peened rods, all new green bearings for the lower end, and a few misc parts and modifiers such as removing rotating weight from the crankshaft. I think I am right around 80~85hp on the 750 now.

I have an expensive hobby I guess. To each his own.

My dad's bike on the other hand, is a 970 kit which we won't talk about how much money it cost to build that.. But, if you are interested:

 
xNE0x_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
xNE0x_imp said:
Honestly, if you are looking for gut wrenching performance.. You should have bought a sports bike. The inline four in the cb1100 was not made for super performance, and anything you do to it will only result in nominal gains vs a hefty cost. Unless you dropped a pretty penny on 2 cams, and a set of big bore pistons.. You won't see any substantial gains.
I agree. I didn't buy the CB1100 for sports bike performance. Nevertheless, a 10 or 15 hp gain is noticeable and within easy reach. Why not have your cake and eat it too?
Why fix something that isn't broke? :)

Rebel73_imp said:
Hey, if a guy wants to squeeze a few more ponies out of his CB, it's his choice and his wallet.
Agreed. Your bike, your choice. I look at it from an engine builders point of view, as I've dropped over 4k into my CB750. It took superflow valves, a webcam #41, mac 4 into 1 exhaust, high performance andrews ignition coils, new NGK plug wires, a 915 big bore kit, shop peened rods, all new green bearings for the lower end, and a few misc parts and modifiers such as removing rotating weight from the crankshaft. I think I am right around 80~85hp on the 750 now.

I have an expensive hobby I guess. To each his own.

My dad's bike on the other hand, is a 970 kit which we won't talk about how much money it cost to build that.. But, if you are interested:

Why fix something that isn't broke? :)

Rebel73_imp said:
Hey, if a guy wants to squeeze a few more ponies out of his CB, it's his choice and his wallet.
Agreed. Your bike, your choice. I look at it from an engine builders point of view, as I've dropped over 4k into my CB750. It took superflow valves, a webcam #41, mac 4 into 1 exhaust, high performance andrews ignition coils, new NGK plug wires, a 915 big bore kit, shop peened rods, all new green bearings for the lower end, and a few misc parts and modifiers such as removing rotating weight from the crankshaft. I think I am right around 80~85hp on the 750 now.

I have an expensive hobby I guess. To each his own.

My dad's bike on the other hand, is a 970 kit which we won't talk about how much money it cost to build that.. But, if you are interested:

Sick!! Photos please!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
xNE0x_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
xNE0x_imp said:
Honestly, if you are looking for gut wrenching performance.. You should have bought a sports bike. The inline four in the cb1100 was not made for super performance, and anything you do to it will only result in nominal gains vs a hefty cost. Unless you dropped a pretty penny on 2 cams, and a set of big bore pistons.. You won't see any substantial gains.
I agree. I didn't buy the CB1100 for sports bike performance. Nevertheless, a 10 or 15 hp gain is noticeable and within easy reach. Why not have your cake and eat it too?
Why fix something that isn't broke? :)

Rebel73_imp said:
Hey, if a guy wants to squeeze a few more ponies out of his CB, it's his choice and his wallet.
Agreed. Your bike, your choice. I look at it from an engine builders point of view, as I've dropped over 4k into my CB750. It took superflow valves, a webcam #41, mac 4 into 1 exhaust, high performance andrews ignition coils, new NGK plug wires, a 915 big bore kit, shop peened rods, all new green bearings for the lower end, and a few misc parts and modifiers such as removing rotating weight from the crankshaft. I think I am right around 80~85hp on the 750 now.

I have an expensive hobby I guess. To each his own.

My dad's bike on the other hand, is a 970 kit which we won't talk about how much money it cost to build that.. But, if you are interested:

Why fix something that isn't broke? :)
This!

7fe0e5e99466978bdc8e3db9e033c796.jpg


Seriously, the CB1100 certainly isn't broken. And I certainly didn't fix anything.

But the CB1100 is unique. There aren't a lot of classic 2013/2014 inline 4s out there.

A lot of folks are making their CB's their own. And if I had the money I'd buy 2 or 3. Maybe 1 tourer, 1 café, and one bone stock.
 
Oooooooo looks just like my DLX only with spoke wheels...
 
Thought I would add Rusty1's numbers to this thread

97 hp 71 ft lbs of torque

DYNO run today

This is one strong CB 1100
 
The ferret_imp said:
A lot of guys would make the exact same upgrades to a 150 horsepower bike. Header, freer flowing air cleaner, PVC etc. Most just want more noise and less weight, but a few extra horsepower is a bonus for them.
that would be me...
CB4ME_imp said:
xNE0x_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
xNE0x_imp said:
Honestly, if you are looking for gut wrenching performance.. You should have bought a sports bike. The inline four in the cb1100 was not made for super performance, and anything you do to it will only result in nominal gains vs a hefty cost. Unless you dropped a pretty penny on 2 cams, and a set of big bore pistons.. You won't see any substantial gains.
I agree. I didn't buy the CB1100 for sports bike performance. Nevertheless, a 10 or 15 hp gain is noticeable and within easy reach. Why not have your cake and eat it too?
Why fix something that isn't broke? :)

Rebel73_imp said:
Hey, if a guy wants to squeeze a few more ponies out of his CB, it's his choice and his wallet.
Agreed. Your bike, your choice. I look at it from an engine builders point of view, as I've dropped over 4k into my CB750. It took superflow valves, a webcam #41, mac 4 into 1 exhaust, high performance andrews ignition coils, new NGK plug wires, a 915 big bore kit, shop peened rods, all new green bearings for the lower end, and a few misc parts and modifiers such as removing rotating weight from the crankshaft. I think I am right around 80~85hp on the 750 now.

I have an expensive hobby I guess. To each his own.

My dad's bike on the other hand, is a 970 kit which we won't talk about how much money it cost to build that.. But, if you are interested:

Why fix something that isn't broke? :)
This!

7fe0e5e99466978bdc8e3db9e033c796.jpg


Seriously, the CB1100 certainly isn't broken. And I certainly didn't fix anything.

But the CB1100 is unique. There aren't a lot of classic 2013/2014 inline 4s out there.

A lot of folks are making their CB's their own. And if I had the money I'd buy 2 or 3. Maybe 1 tourer, 1 café, and one bone stock.
Why fix something that isn't broke? :)
This!

18b152b77a2aa20c5781c01c5d225d38.jpg


Seriously, the CB1100 certainly isn't broken. And I certainly didn't fix anything.

But the CB1100 is unique. There aren't a lot of classic 2013/2014 inline 4s out there.

A lot of folks are making their CB's their own. And if I had the money I'd buy 2 or 3. Maybe 1 tourer, 1 café, and one bone stock.
way to go CB4ME...2 thumbs up ! Great pic.
 
The ferret_imp said:
A lot of guys would make the exact same upgrades to a 150 horsepower bike. Header, freer flowing air cleaner, PVC etc. Most just want more noise and less weight, but a few extra horsepower is a bonus for them.
I'd like less weight. Not interested in more noise. Quiet is good. Just my opinion though. When I was younger I liked noise, lol!
 
Thread starter
My best so far is 95.8 and I would like more......if anyone breaks the 100hp barrier, please post. And you adult "I don't need more HP" riders, I ask, why did you respond to this post??.
 
Kawiboy_imp said:
My best so far is 95.8 and I would like more......if anyone breaks the 100hp barrier, please post. And you adult "I don't need more HP" riders, I ask, why did you respond to this post??.
Careful...be respectful. They responded because 99.999% of the owners of this bike understand that it was never designed or meant to be a street rocket.
Getting 100 HP to the ground out of this bike is going to be a tall order without swapping cams and maybe even some head work to make it flow better, and then the resulting tune to go along with all of that. By the time you are done with all of that you would have been better served buying a bike with the power level you were looking for in the first place, not only because it would make sense monetarily, but the bike would be that much more reliable.
Squeezing every last ounce of power out of an air cooled bike can be done, but the reliability and life expectancy of the engine is greatly reduced in the process.
 
lola_imp said:
on the uk forum there was a guy that made 97whp & 70ftlbs on full exhaust ,power commander & dyno tune. On my bike a 2013 model with a full exhaust,TSR Air funnel, Power Commander V and dyno tune it made 96whp & 68ftlbs . I would think that with what i have in bolt-ons right now plus if I decide to have the ECU reprogrammed and rev limit delete it would improve top end numbers.
You are right, the thing's got to be reflashed to be fast, remove the speed limiter (also limits the revs during a dyno run as you correctly note) and then you'll have something with at least a little top speed. Not that I suggest racing on the public roads.

I really do wonder about whether the suspension on the RS is just style or if it can better handle those higher speeds and a little more power.

The chassis is the limiting factor here, there's just so much pitching with the stock forks and even the Ikon shocks, with all that weight and inertia between the huge flywheel and 530 chain and heavy wheels.
Kawiboy_imp said:
My best so far is 95.8 and I would like more......if anyone breaks the 100hp barrier, please post. And you adult "I don't need more HP" riders, I ask, why did you respond to this post??.
LOL! I DO need more horsepower and as I have said I don't look for it in my CB1100, I find it in my 2015 ZX-10R. As a Kawi fan you understand. But I go through spells where I just have to ride the CB1100 every day and the big HP bikes sit on the Battery Tender collecting dust.

There is just something about that stupid relic, that crude anachronism...I know, it reminds me of when bikes weren't that fast and didn't need traction control and a whole suite of electronics.:rofl:
 
Randy B_imp said:
Kawiboy_imp said:
My best so far is 95.8 and I would like more......if anyone breaks the 100hp barrier, please post. And you adult "I don't need more HP" riders, I ask, why did you respond to this post??.
Careful...be respectful. They responded because 99.999% of the owners of this bike understand that it was never designed or meant to be a street rocket.
Getting 100 HP to the ground out of this bike is going to be a tall order without swapping cams and maybe even some head work to make it flow better, and then the resulting tune to go along with all of that. By the time you are done with all of that you would have been better served buying a bike with the power level you were looking for in the first place, not only because it would make sense monetarily, but the bike would be that much more reliable.
Squeezing every last ounce of power out of an air cooled bike can be done, but the reliability and life expectancy of the engine is greatly reduced in the process.
Careful...be respectful. They responded because 99.999% of the owners of this bike understand that it was never designed or meant to be a street rocket.
Getting 100 HP to the ground out of this bike is going to be a tall order without swapping cams and maybe even some head work to make it flow better, and then the resulting tune to go along with all of that. By the time you are done with all of that you would have been better served buying a bike with the power level you were looking for in the first place, not only because it would make sense monetarily, but the bike would be that much more reliable.
Squeezing every last ounce of power out of an air cooled bike can be done, but the reliability and life expectancy of the engine is greatly reduced in the process. It might be a fun project. But you make way too much sense. It strikes me that a handful of the guys who own these are trying to hot rod the bike as if they were sent back in time to 1972 and suddenly had the money and opportunity to hop up a 750 Four or similar bike. Sort of like recreating the past, lemme see what I can do with this bike even though I could go buy a whole other bike that already has 150 HP and can handle it.

I was just thinking today as I was out riding my CB that for 7 grand I could buy an FZ07 which would just smoke my big red boat anchor. 400 pounds and 75 HP. I have had a guy pass me on the racetrack who was riding one of those. They handle amazingly well and are quick.

I have heard some people say it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. I think that's nonsense, I like riding a fast bike fast and don't at all mind riding a slow bike slow.

Maybe there is some kind of challenge in squeezing just a pony or two out of a design which is severely limited in headroom. I could easy get another 15 HP out of my ZX-10R just by having Don Guhls reflash the ECU. 15 horses, with a few strokes of a computer keyboard, 185 at the rear wheel.

But try getting 10 HP more from the CB1100! Now that's a challenge.
 
Back
Top