metallyguitarded_imp
Road warrior
I find myself trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of my wallet. So far, unsuccessfully.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Why fix something that isn't broke?CB4ME_imp said:I agree. I didn't buy the CB1100 for sports bike performance. Nevertheless, a 10 or 15 hp gain is noticeable and within easy reach. Why not have your cake and eat it too?xNE0x_imp said:Honestly, if you are looking for gut wrenching performance.. You should have bought a sports bike. The inline four in the cb1100 was not made for super performance, and anything you do to it will only result in nominal gains vs a hefty cost. Unless you dropped a pretty penny on 2 cams, and a set of big bore pistons.. You won't see any substantial gains.

Agreed. Your bike, your choice. I look at it from an engine builders point of view, as I've dropped over 4k into my CB750. It took superflow valves, a webcam #41, mac 4 into 1 exhaust, high performance andrews ignition coils, new NGK plug wires, a 915 big bore kit, shop peened rods, all new green bearings for the lower end, and a few misc parts and modifiers such as removing rotating weight from the crankshaft. I think I am right around 80~85hp on the 750 now.Rebel73_imp said:Hey, if a guy wants to squeeze a few more ponies out of his CB, it's his choice and his wallet.
Why fix something that isn't broke?xNE0x_imp said:Why fix something that isn't broke?CB4ME_imp said:I agree. I didn't buy the CB1100 for sports bike performance. Nevertheless, a 10 or 15 hp gain is noticeable and within easy reach. Why not have your cake and eat it too?xNE0x_imp said:Honestly, if you are looking for gut wrenching performance.. You should have bought a sports bike. The inline four in the cb1100 was not made for super performance, and anything you do to it will only result in nominal gains vs a hefty cost. Unless you dropped a pretty penny on 2 cams, and a set of big bore pistons.. You won't see any substantial gains.
Agreed. Your bike, your choice. I look at it from an engine builders point of view, as I've dropped over 4k into my CB750. It took superflow valves, a webcam #41, mac 4 into 1 exhaust, high performance andrews ignition coils, new NGK plug wires, a 915 big bore kit, shop peened rods, all new green bearings for the lower end, and a few misc parts and modifiers such as removing rotating weight from the crankshaft. I think I am right around 80~85hp on the 750 now.Rebel73_imp said:Hey, if a guy wants to squeeze a few more ponies out of his CB, it's his choice and his wallet.
I have an expensive hobby I guess. To each his own.
My dad's bike on the other hand, is a 970 kit which we won't talk about how much money it cost to build that.. But, if you are interested:

Agreed. Your bike, your choice. I look at it from an engine builders point of view, as I've dropped over 4k into my CB750. It took superflow valves, a webcam #41, mac 4 into 1 exhaust, high performance andrews ignition coils, new NGK plug wires, a 915 big bore kit, shop peened rods, all new green bearings for the lower end, and a few misc parts and modifiers such as removing rotating weight from the crankshaft. I think I am right around 80~85hp on the 750 now.Rebel73_imp said:Hey, if a guy wants to squeeze a few more ponies out of his CB, it's his choice and his wallet.
Why fix something that isn't broke?xNE0x_imp said:Why fix something that isn't broke?CB4ME_imp said:I agree. I didn't buy the CB1100 for sports bike performance. Nevertheless, a 10 or 15 hp gain is noticeable and within easy reach. Why not have your cake and eat it too?xNE0x_imp said:Honestly, if you are looking for gut wrenching performance.. You should have bought a sports bike. The inline four in the cb1100 was not made for super performance, and anything you do to it will only result in nominal gains vs a hefty cost. Unless you dropped a pretty penny on 2 cams, and a set of big bore pistons.. You won't see any substantial gains.
Agreed. Your bike, your choice. I look at it from an engine builders point of view, as I've dropped over 4k into my CB750. It took superflow valves, a webcam #41, mac 4 into 1 exhaust, high performance andrews ignition coils, new NGK plug wires, a 915 big bore kit, shop peened rods, all new green bearings for the lower end, and a few misc parts and modifiers such as removing rotating weight from the crankshaft. I think I am right around 80~85hp on the 750 now.Rebel73_imp said:Hey, if a guy wants to squeeze a few more ponies out of his CB, it's his choice and his wallet.
I have an expensive hobby I guess. To each his own.
My dad's bike on the other hand, is a 970 kit which we won't talk about how much money it cost to build that.. But, if you are interested:
that would be me...The ferret_imp said:A lot of guys would make the exact same upgrades to a 150 horsepower bike. Header, freer flowing air cleaner, PVC etc. Most just want more noise and less weight, but a few extra horsepower is a bonus for them.
Why fix something that isn't broke?CB4ME_imp said:Why fix something that isn't broke?xNE0x_imp said:Why fix something that isn't broke?CB4ME_imp said:I agree. I didn't buy the CB1100 for sports bike performance. Nevertheless, a 10 or 15 hp gain is noticeable and within easy reach. Why not have your cake and eat it too?xNE0x_imp said:Honestly, if you are looking for gut wrenching performance.. You should have bought a sports bike. The inline four in the cb1100 was not made for super performance, and anything you do to it will only result in nominal gains vs a hefty cost. Unless you dropped a pretty penny on 2 cams, and a set of big bore pistons.. You won't see any substantial gains.
Agreed. Your bike, your choice. I look at it from an engine builders point of view, as I've dropped over 4k into my CB750. It took superflow valves, a webcam #41, mac 4 into 1 exhaust, high performance andrews ignition coils, new NGK plug wires, a 915 big bore kit, shop peened rods, all new green bearings for the lower end, and a few misc parts and modifiers such as removing rotating weight from the crankshaft. I think I am right around 80~85hp on the 750 now.Rebel73_imp said:Hey, if a guy wants to squeeze a few more ponies out of his CB, it's his choice and his wallet.
I have an expensive hobby I guess. To each his own.
My dad's bike on the other hand, is a 970 kit which we won't talk about how much money it cost to build that.. But, if you are interested:
![]()
This!
![]()
Seriously, the CB1100 certainly isn't broken. And I certainly didn't fix anything.
But the CB1100 is unique. There aren't a lot of classic 2013/2014 inline 4s out there.
A lot of folks are making their CB's their own. And if I had the money I'd buy 2 or 3. Maybe 1 tourer, 1 café, and one bone stock.
I'd like less weight. Not interested in more noise. Quiet is good. Just my opinion though. When I was younger I liked noise, lol!The ferret_imp said:A lot of guys would make the exact same upgrades to a 150 horsepower bike. Header, freer flowing air cleaner, PVC etc. Most just want more noise and less weight, but a few extra horsepower is a bonus for them.
Careful...be respectful. They responded because 99.999% of the owners of this bike understand that it was never designed or meant to be a street rocket.Kawiboy_imp said:My best so far is 95.8 and I would like more......if anyone breaks the 100hp barrier, please post. And you adult "I don't need more HP" riders, I ask, why did you respond to this post??.
You are right, the thing's got to be reflashed to be fast, remove the speed limiter (also limits the revs during a dyno run as you correctly note) and then you'll have something with at least a little top speed. Not that I suggest racing on the public roads.lola_imp said:on the uk forum there was a guy that made 97whp & 70ftlbs on full exhaust ,power commander & dyno tune. On my bike a 2013 model with a full exhaust,TSR Air funnel, Power Commander V and dyno tune it made 96whp & 68ftlbs . I would think that with what i have in bolt-ons right now plus if I decide to have the ECU reprogrammed and rev limit delete it would improve top end numbers.
LOL! I DO need more horsepower and as I have said I don't look for it in my CB1100, I find it in my 2015 ZX-10R. As a Kawi fan you understand. But I go through spells where I just have to ride the CB1100 every day and the big HP bikes sit on the Battery Tender collecting dust.Kawiboy_imp said:My best so far is 95.8 and I would like more......if anyone breaks the 100hp barrier, please post. And you adult "I don't need more HP" riders, I ask, why did you respond to this post??.
Careful...be respectful. They responded because 99.999% of the owners of this bike understand that it was never designed or meant to be a street rocket.Randy B_imp said:Careful...be respectful. They responded because 99.999% of the owners of this bike understand that it was never designed or meant to be a street rocket.Kawiboy_imp said:My best so far is 95.8 and I would like more......if anyone breaks the 100hp barrier, please post. And you adult "I don't need more HP" riders, I ask, why did you respond to this post??.
Getting 100 HP to the ground out of this bike is going to be a tall order without swapping cams and maybe even some head work to make it flow better, and then the resulting tune to go along with all of that. By the time you are done with all of that you would have been better served buying a bike with the power level you were looking for in the first place, not only because it would make sense monetarily, but the bike would be that much more reliable.
Squeezing every last ounce of power out of an air cooled bike can be done, but the reliability and life expectancy of the engine is greatly reduced in the process.