Battery issues

NickLHG_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Plugs arrived in the mail today decided to whip those in real quick. Turned the key.. no power. Lifted up seat to find a lovely little insulation nest.
Not a big deal these things happen. Chewed my GPS in case it gets stolen again oh well. Seems my battery won’t charge whatsoever now. I’m pretty sure it’s the original battery meaning it’s 7 y/o.
Guess it’s time to get a new one huh?
what can I do as a preventative to rodents? (Also checked the visible wires for any damage, none I could see)
Battery recommendations?
 
Hey,NickLHG....When I put my bike up for the winter I place a half dozen or so mothballs under it. Check them every so often as they evaporate over time. I also place what's called Cab Fresh (or Fresh Cab) under it. Looks like a large tea bag and has a pine sent which I'm told critters don't like. Car guys swear by it. $5 at a hardware store. Cheaper than new wiring. Good luck.
 
I do what LouA does but with a little different twist... I put the mothballs in knee high nylons and tie them to the handle bars and rear tail light then put the cover on it for long storage. Never had a problem.
 
Back
Top