Back rest?

Some people have modified one off Ebay, but I don't know what it originally fit.

The way Honda made the backrest for this bike is integrated into the top box, but that is only available in Japan for some reason.

9137cddb91e10120e7974eea5a4c7107.jpg


4f19db6b651980635408e41dba7960f8.jpg
 
The closest I could find was the Hepco and Becker Alurack. Next time I'm at the upholstery shop I'm going to have them make a small pad for it.

b6ce16dcc59c1dbc2ad91441c5c8d934.jpg


There are a few members that have fabbed their own brackets and used an aftermarket universal backrest. Someone else modified a backrest from a Honda Shadow. You should be able to find those posts with the search function.
 
Is there any aftermarket seat that would have provisions for a backrest for the single rider?

Anyone remember Honda's GL-500? The Silver Wing cruiser....a scaled-down version of the Gold Wing. Windjammer-style fairing and panniers on a CX-500 chassis.

The seat was modular two-section and the pillion seat could be replaced with a trunk and backrest. Saw it once; nice idea.

Be great if someone tried to replicate that on this model.
 
If you have a Honda rear rack or other suitable rear rack you can easily fabricate some mounting brackets for a back rest:

a7eb1e31e9b409428aa6eaf817d60862.jpg
 
Stratman- Thanks! I have thought about making more, but I have so many other projects it'l probably not happen. If you come to Seattle you could talk me into it, but WA state is a long ride from Texas.
 
Hi Guys, I am new to the forum. I just saw this post and just wanted to say that I will be making a nice clean removable backrest for my 2014 cb1100. I have the black bike, so I will be getting it painted either gloss black, matt black, or black textured powder coat.

I will post pictures when done for sure.
 
ryan, that was about a year ago (3/21/2015). I believe he said he made himself one prototype, but at this point wasn't making any more.
 
rocket_imp said:
The Corbin seat is available with a provision for a back rest that can be easily removed.
I have this one. I like that it is easily removed as I don't really like the lines, but the girls sure like having it for two-up!
 
As Rocket said you can kill two birds with one stone by replacing your uncomfortable stock seat with a Corbin seat. They come with a slot to enable you to insert a passenger back rest. If you watch ebay you can pick up a Corbin back rest for 50-60 bucks. I picked one up just like new a couple months ago on ebay for way less than half of what they sell new for. If you request Corbin to include a rider's backrest slot on your seat you can also use the passenger backrest as a rider's backrest.:banana:
 
I installed a Hepco and Becker luggage rack. Seems like I should be able to find a universal backrest to attach to the part that loops upward but haven't seen anything online.
 
ryanschillinger_imp said:
I installed a Hepco and Becker luggage rack. Seems like I should be able to find a universal backrest to attach to the part that loops upward but haven't seen anything online.
Good luck with that. I've been searching the 'net for a backrest pad to fit my H&B rack. No luck in the past year or so. I figure I'll have my upholstery guy make one up next time I take him a seat to recover.

If you happen to run across one, let me know!
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
rocket_imp said:
The Corbin seat is available with a provision for a back rest that can be easily removed.
I have this one. I like that it is easily removed as I don't really like the lines, but the girls sure like having it for two-up!

I have this one. I like that it is easily removed as I don't really like the lines, but the girls sure like having it for two-up!
[url=http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/inhousebob/media/IMG_0504_zpslbmfrjay.jpg.html] Great shot, Bob! Love that it can be a family affair.
 
Back
Top