Average CB1100 Rider Age

Hopefully I just jacked up the percentage of us over 70 who still ride.

I turned 74 this past January, after recovering from aortic valve replacement, followed by Staph + Sepsis, and a month and a half ( plus or minus) on intravenous antibiotics.

Am I ready to ride again? (can I say 'he*l' on here?) If so, "Heck yes, I'm ready to ride again in Season 2017."

Bob (Ohiorider)
 
As can be seen from the edits above, 'he*l' is not acceptable here. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because the CB1100 is heavenly. Maybe it's because I'm Australian.

Nevertheless, go for it Bob. Ride on!
 
One of the early tennants of this website was that it was going to be family friendly, non confrontational, no pornography and no profanity. That alone would raise the standards above other internet forums. There were a couple of words we sort of let slide in the beginning, but then the rest of the words started filtering in. I have edited every locker room, street corner profanity used I think. Especially in the beginning before people learned how things are done on this forum. Sometimes members took offense at being moderated and when explained in PM, they always replied, well so and so said this, and so and so said that, and you let THEM get away with it, so now I just edit them all. Using street language doesn't make the point any differently, just more crudely. I revved the heck out of it, purveys the exact same meaning as I revved the pi** out of it, or sh** out of it, or fu** out of it. The seat makes my butt, tush or rear end sore means the same as the seat makes my a** sore, only it's more civil. Most members end up appreciating the civility of this forum and many, many have told us so. There have been some that found the policy over bearing and have left the forum because of it. That was their perrogative.

At that time, software was installed that catches most of the profanity and automatically changes it, but some slips through that we moderators must fix.

At any rate, that's the way the administrator wants its, and he owns this place, so that's the way it's going to be. I understand that a lot of people use this language and will naturally type it when posting, just understand that when I come across it, it will get moderated. That's my job.

There's the explanation and thanks for your understanding.
 
No prob Erik. Lets not waylay this thread with the minutia of language, just wanted to provide an explanation.

Wow, another over 70 years old. That is so awesome. Glad you were able to overcome your medical issues and are able to get back on the road ohiorider.
 
No apology necessary, Bob. Welcome aboard.
 
May I just add that I for one appreciate the civility and good manners of this forum, and that might have something to do with the fact that I'm 71 (coming up to 72). The CB gets heavier to manoeuvre each summer, but I have learned not to try and throw it about like I did when I was a youngster of 65. May we all ride safe this summer gentlemen.

Old Bob
 
Turns out you are not so old in this group old bob lol
 
huxley2_imp said:
I'm too old to recall if I voted in this poll in the last 3 years +
LOL! I know how you feel :D Luckily there is an asterisk by the age you voted for.
 
This is kinda on topic..... :) But this just came up on my radar the other day: If you are 62 or older, a US citizen, you can purchase a Senior Pass from the Feds (six different participating agencies, but rec sites and parks are the biggies) for $10. LIFE TIME PASS.

The law was passed late last year to up the price to $80 but it has not taken affect yet so if you are so inclined best to get your bum in gear and spring for one. If you visit parks and rec areas (see the link for a better list) even $80 is a deal. But $10 is a screaming deal.

https://store.usgs.gov/pass/general.html

If you can't visit a site in person you can do it via snail mail (see the rules) and they add a $10 handling fee.
 
Back
Top