Average CB1100 Rider Age

G'day and welcome physics-teacher. Tell us more.
 
Hello, everyone! I am pushing 71 and have been riding since I was 16. I have been retired from school teaching AP Physics two years now and am riding all the time. I am trading my 650 Burgman scooter tomorrow for my 2013 Honda with about 5700 miles on it. The Burgie is a 2011 and has 28000 miles on it, all mine. I also have a 08 Sportster that I bought in 2012 with 1949 miles on it (ha!) and now has 68000 miles on it. I'm not through yet......I have a Suzuki 1981 GS650G that I bought in 06 with 26000 miles and it now has 92000 miles. I'd have more miles but an SV650 and a 1250 Bandit have come and gone since 01 also.
The Burgman never gave me any trouble but I was just getting bored with it......it's so hard to keep the front wheel off the ground for more than a few feet! :) I found my Honda on CL at a dealer about 70 miles away and he was willing to give me 4000 for the scooter.......so the deal was done. I am actually picking up the Honda tomorrow, Wednesday. Ironically, the dealer told me the guy who traded in the Honda walked out with a scooter!
 
Nice, miles of smiles. Love to hear guys in retirement getting out and piling on the miles. Good job.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Man, this physics-teacher guy is going to tear up the CB1100 mileage chart
 
We'll see. The CB is intended to be a wife-carrier (as passenger). She has back issues and never liked the Burgman and hated the Sporty, even with its Mustang seat and an Airhawk on top of that. She likes the GS Suzuki but really wants a backrest for it which is hard to come by. Besides, it's my antique and I can't bear to razz it up. I have a Corbin on order with the passenger backrest for the CB.........I'm praying this is the answer.
 
I have the Corbin with a back rest and I don't take passengers without it. Everyone in my family likes it. I keep the original seat handy to swap out when I ride alone. It just looks better, and isn't that what is important? :angel:
 
Good plan to order the Corbin. Backrests for the CB are hard to find and my wife tells me being a pillion without something behind her was no fun.
 
I picked up the bike today, and all I can say is GOOD GRIEF! What an incredible machine, You float down the road in effortless silence, twist the throttle and you're turning up the rheostat on a huge electric motor! I never felt the need for a 6th gear nor (thank goodness) ABS. All this without water cooling; love that clean, radiator- free, hose free design! This bike really sets the standard for air-cooled motors. I was even staying under 5000 rpm the whole time
 
Ain't it great? Honda tuned this engine for near-linear power delivery throughout the rpm range, where others would have sacrificed that for a higher advertisable peak hp number. The result is an engine optimized for the way 90% of us usually ride. Gotta love that!

Ride on!
 
A friend and I took at trailer to Sport Cycles in Rockingham NC and brought back two 2014 CB 1100's. He's 62, I'm 58. I also have a '15 Goldwing; he as a '14 HD Heritage Softail. We're loving it!
 
:hello: Howdy and welcome to the forum Rdtwohig. Please introduce yourself properly in the new members section of the forum.
 
64YO and still have , love and ride my old 76 CB750 , great bike then and now.

The CB1100A is nostalgia on a higher scale.
 
mtneers_imp said:
A friend and I took at trailer to Sport Cycles in Rockingham NC and brought back two 2014 CB 1100's. He's 62, I'm 58. I also have a '15 Goldwing; he as a '14 HD Heritage Softail. We're loving it!
Dang, that's 3 CB1100's that I know of that the Rockingham dealer has sold this month.
 
Was yours the one they had listed on EBay in September? They sold it and had to find ours and get them shipped in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
mtneers_imp said:
Was yours the one they had listed on EBay in September? They sold it and had to find ours and get them shipped in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought one from eBay in September and drove from Tampa to Rockingham to pick it up. Picked it up October 10. They said I got the last one at that price - $7498 OTD -- but from reading previous posts I see there were more...

BTW, I'm 72 years old and did the Iron Butt ride this past May -- 1090 miles in 19 hours on a Harley Wide Glide...

Frank
 
Dang Frank, you are one tough old bird lol. Congrats!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Dang Frank, you are one tough old bird lol. Congrats!
Thanks. But to be honest, I was only 71 at the time.

Been riding since I was 25, but not so many miles lately. Have a 1997 Kawasaki VN800 with only 4119 miles on it, and a 2005 Harley with just over 9000 miles. The Iron Butt ride was something on my bucket list. But after that ride I started thinking about something smoother, and remembered back to the CB750s I had when I was younger. After riding the Honda and the Harley back to back it may be time to sell the Harley...

Frank
 
Nope, not mine. A fellow from the Raleigh NC area recently joined and bought his from Rockingham. Sounds like they are carving a niche for the CB1100's.
When I was shopping for a different model bike recently I contacted them but found an attractive deal elsewhere.
 
Back
Top