Average CB1100 Rider Age

I thought chicks would dig the timeless classic look, but all I get are bunch older gentleman coming up to me at gas stations to talk about the bike (which i don't mind).
 
I'm 45 years old and have been riding for four years.

I'm trying to make up for all of those years I didn't ride! (What was I thinking?)

a17250ab3ee81ed1f66ecf2164d0389f.gif
 
ish_imp said:
I thought chicks would dig the timeless classic look, but all I get are bunch older gentleman coming up to me at gas stations to talk about the bike (which i don't mind).
They do! You just need to option out the CB till it looks like Sean Connery :D
 
ish_imp said:
I thought chicks would dig the timeless classic look, but all I get are bunch older gentleman coming up to me at gas stations to talk about the bike (which i don't mind).
They probably like the color and the fact that it's a motorcycle but that's about as deep as it goes for many. Hence the reason we're all here talking to each other about our bikes.
 
Blimey! This discussion's been going for 2 years and I've joined the 60 and over club. Good on you young 'uns for buying a great bike.
 
LOLOL Welcome to my last few years on the Bonnie. :)

ish_imp said:
I thought chicks would dig the timeless classic look, but all I get are bunch older gentleman coming up to me at gas stations to talk about the bike (which i don't mind).
 
I'M 42. At 23, a friend of mine (back in '95 or '96) had bought an old CB750 FOUR for $800, even though he had no room at his house for it yet. Naturally he left it on my driveway, left me with the key, and said "take it around the block". I nearly dropped that thing, but this was my first interaction with a real bike. I have loved those CBs ever since. When they announced the retro CB1100, I wanted one, but I already had a Harley. I sold that Harley for a bigger Harley, then sold the Harley, for a smaller bike, and a car for my kid. I was looking at both the CB and the Triumph Scrambler, but went with the Scrambler which was much cheaper, and it was all I could afford. That was back in 2013. In 2014, I was in a position to buy another Harley. In 2015 I found myself at the dealer where I had first seen the CB, and that exact same CB I had sat on 2 years earlier was still there, unsold! This time I couldn't let it go, so I bought it. How? I traded the '14 Harley for it! Bam, got my CB! By then it had 200 miles on it, but I didn't care. I'm not letting that CB go ever. It's the first CB1100 year on the US market, and probably from an early shipment, since its number is 67. I won't trade it for a 14, or anything that ever comes after that. I will have another Harley again, at some point, but the CB is here to stay, right next to the Triumph.
 
I'll be turning 50 in the fall. It wasn't until I turned 40 that I finally decided it was time to begin riding. I gave up flying at the same time and have found the motorcycle experience to be a wonderful replacement for the aviation bug (and much more affordable). My wife kids that anything I decided to do after aviation seems cheap by comparison :thumbsup:
 
50 here. I've been riding for 25 years on a pretty good mix of Harley and Sport bikes. After all that I've realized that a standard is the way to go. Comfortable and plenty capable for whatever type of riding is going on.
 
48 here.
In middle management, married, and father of a 6 y.o. I love my UJM. Had ZRX1200 before this but I think CB11 suits me better. I am thinking about adding a 2nd bike eventually...contemplating BMW nineT or Ducati Scrambler.
 
Hi I'm 63 and I have been riding for 48 years. My 2014 CB1100 Deluxe is my 30th bike and is the smoothest motorcycle that I've ever ridden! I just bought it from Griso Guy (Mark) and I not only got an exceptional motorcycle but I also have a new great friend! A total win-win situation. It is the CB750 that I couldn't afford when I was 17. I will be keeping this until I can no longer ride.
 
30 years old here. This is my fourth bike, after a series restoring older UJM's. I love the CB for what it is and use it for day trips, long distance rides and cruising around the city and it is a great for what it is. I'll keep this bike forever, but that said, it's ultimate fate is to be my daily rider alternative to an Italian sport bike -- the CB just isn't hairy enough to give me that rush when I ride it.
 
izmash_imp said:
i just turned 25, this is my second bike. i honestly dont get why these bikes arent more popular.
G'day and welcome izmash. Pop over to the new members section, tell us about yourself and post a picture of your bike.
 
Hope it's ok to resurrect this old thread. I'm 36 and love this CB1100!! I especially like the fact that not a lot of people know about this bike. And for those who think it's underpowered and slow, please, 0-60 in 3.3 seconds is "slow"?? And for those that say it's overpriced, they have absolutely no idea why it costs more than your average standard motorcycle. It's called build quality, craftsmanship and obsessive engineering.
 
Whats with the sudden explosion of pups? Thank goodness Desert Viper is chronologically correct, or this whole page would be full of youngsters. . Don't you guys know you should be riding crotch rockets or something?
 
Back
Top