Average CB1100 Rider Age

I'm telling you, it's those danged blacked out models sucking in all the kids. looking all mean and rogue and stuff.
 
48, 49 in November. Just brought it home and couldn't be happier! For those old enough to remember, I wish they had CV carbs with accelerator pumps for the 70's-80's feel. Nothing like the feeling of a shot of fuel waiting for the slide to open up and the secondary jet taking over like adding boost. Or better yet, flat sides for the racer in all of us. But really, the FI is nice and easy to ride.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I'm telling you, it's those danged blacked out models sucking in all the kids. looking all mean and rogue and stuff.
I actually prefer the black (bike) with silver wheels and engine cover. Actually, my first choice would be the wired wheels of course. But still love mine regardless.
 
redbirds_imp said:
These young fellows know a great ride when they find one. Wisdom well beyond their years.
'Birds. Just look at those poll statistics very carefully. An analysis shows, quite clearly, that under 26 you don't have the money to buy, and that over 65s are canny wise old birds that do not fall for the sales pitch. Only possible explanation.

Cheers

Winston S. Churchill:
“I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself”
 
Your only as old as the woman ya feel .Im 56 but feel 53 (missus) lol
Jeez i'd love to feel 20 again but the only way that's gunna happen is if I go for a ride on the cb. then I feel like a big kid again
 
aussie59_imp said:
Your only as old as the woman ya feel .Im 56 but feel 53 (missus) lol
Jeez i'd love to feel 20 again but the only way that's gunna happen is if I go for a ride on the cb. then I feel like a big kid again
Mate, if I felt 20 again, and knew what I know now, I would get into toooo much trouble. Too much trouble. Too much headache. I'm happy. Off to the Condamine Bell Rodeo next weekend. Life's good.

Cheers
 
Carguy1959_imp said:
I just traded my 2009 Harley LowriderFXDL for a new 2014 Black CB1100. Not as cool as my Harley, but a lot more fun.. I am 56...
Interesting comment, when you ponder it. "Not as cool" to whom? If the Honda is "a lot more fun", it should be a lot more cool. Sounds like the "hey, look at me" Harley mentality hasn't quite faded yet! :P
 
I'm sixty seven, and this is my fifth and probably final bike. Three of the other four were also Honda's: a '69 SL90, a '72 XL250, and a '90 NT650. I thought my riding days were over when I sold the Hawk, but then they came out with the CB 1100. Thank you, Honda. I'll never need more bike than this.
 
28.

Rode a 1979 KZ400 naked standard twin for a year before taking the plunge on a 2014 CB1100. By that point, I had a good idea of what I wanted and needed from a bike. More than I expected to go for, but other things didn't quite add up. Now at 2,000 miles.
 
Couple of months in, enjoying the bike more and more. We're getting used to each other. Well made, well designed. Nimble, solid, stable. No Tupperware!
I am pleasantly surprised - and by no means a rookie.
Old guys droll!
I mean rule!
 
I'm 40, and my last bike was a beautiful 2006 Rocket 3 classic that I sold because I didn't want to deal with a messed up 2nd gear in the trans. I sold it for a very reasonable price because of the trans issue, and used the money towards my new 2013 red cb1100, I can't quit riding this damn thing, "LOVE-IT"!!
 
Dangergirl416_imp said:
I'm 43 and wondering if there are any other ladies that ride the CB11? I'm selling my Monster 796....having plenty of fun on my CB! :D
Hi there: I had to laugh and make sure I hadn't written this post. I'm a female rider and I recently sold my Monster 796 after purchasing my 2014 CB1100. I'm having so much fun on it, I don't miss my Monster! I love the ergo' of the CB. I've ridden canyons and commute sometimes to work, 40 miles round trip. This is such a fun cool bike. For longer rides I ride my sport tourer.
 
JazzyJ and Dangergirl,

It'd be great if ya'll would post more! I'm sure everyone would agree. :)
 
I don't know how to do that. It took Ferret and Cormanus to teach me how to post pics and I just use Photobucket, which apparently reduces them for you.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I don't know how to do that. It took Ferret and Cormanus to teach me how to post pics and I just use Photobucket, which apparently reduces them for you.
Got it, son will show me shortly. Can't wait to post pics of my few mods!
[attachment=3326]
I don't know how to do that. It took Ferret and Cormanus to teach me how to post pics and I just use Photobucket, which apparently reduces them for you.
[/QUOTE]

Ok, I think we've figured out how to add the photo, we'll see what happens with this test.
 
Ka Umikumakahi_imp said:
I'm sixty seven, and this is my fifth and probably final bike. Three of the other four were also Honda's: a '69 SL90, a '72 XL250, and a '90 NT650. I thought my riding days were over when I sold the Hawk, but then they came out with the CB 1100. Thank you, Honda. I'll never need more bike than this.
Similar story; the '89 Hawk was my first "big" bike, then '96 Yamaha Diversion 900, '06 CBF1000, '08 CB1300 and I ended up with a '13 CB1100A. I kept the Hawk until the last moment, though. I'm sixty, by the way.:biker:
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
JazzyJ and Dangergirl,

It'd be great if ya'll would post more! I'm sure everyone would agree. :)
I strongly support this sentiment.

JazzyJ, if you use a PC, there's a neat little program called ImageResizer you can get to reduce the size of photos to an acceptable size to upload them to the forum. A better way is to use an intermediate site like PhotoBucket which allows you to use higher resolution pictures. This thread is rather long, but it should help you wit using photobucket. If not, I'm sure your son will help you. Failing that, PM me.
 
Back
Top