Average CB1100 Rider Age

49 here but I've never thought about the number that much; so much to learn and too much good stuff happening in the here and now to worry about that which I cannot alter!
 
I'm 28. My love for bikes started with a 2001 Ducati 748. That thing was sweet to look at...but murder to ride. Took it to the track one day (Jennings) & swore I would never ride another sport bike on the road. That poor Ducati didn't even wake up driving on Florida's boring roads.

Since then I moved on to a 2009 CBR600RR for a track bike. Much cheaper to buy & maintain than a Ducati.

I've always pined after another street bike, but never found one quite right. I wanted one that I could commute on, but wasn't a cruiser. That my wife could ride on, but wasn't a touring model. Something sporty, but comfortable to ride 6+ if I needed to. Basically, I wanted a UJM of yester year. I even considered going the long way & buying a classic & restoring it.

Then Honda answered my prayers. The CB11 is perfect. I commute daily on it. My wife loves to ride with me & is comfortable doing so. We even took it this past weekend to visit her family in Knoxville, TN. 9 hours of pure fun. On the way back we managed to run Deal's Gap. What a blast on this bike!

Needless to say, I found the perfect bike for me. A jack of all trades, a daily joy. Even if my friends & family never get "it", I do.
 
I'm 51...came very close to buying a Triumph Scrambler, but when I saw the CB1100 was coming to the U.S. I plopped down my deposit and began the countdown !
 
21 here. Traded in my 2011 cbr600rr for this bike. I was tired of being uncomfortable! And can I say HIGH Insurance! This bike really suits my everyday riding needs.
 
Nitro_imp said:
21 here. Traded in my 2011 cbr600rr for this bike. I was tired of being uncomfortable! And can I say HIGH Insurance! This bike really suits my everyday riding needs.
Nice, I'm no longer the youngest kiddo on here ha! This bike surpasses my needs and is simply an awesome all around bike.
Welcome Nitro!
 
I'm 29. I had always ridden the average yamaha/suzuki/honda sport bike until I moved to Kenya last year and bought a little yamaha 125. it was so slow (I think it had 10bhp) and topped out around 95-100 km/hr but I had more fun on that thing than I had ever had on other bikes. I like the feeling of the wind and the seating position. took it all around the country and from then on decided that when I returned to the states, I wanted the same riding experience, just on a bike with more power. the cb11 is the only modern thing out there that comes close for me. I considered a bonneville or one of those moto guzzi v7 bikes, but the Honda just looked too bad ass to resist. put a deposit down on one during a trip bal to the states and picked it up two days after I got back.
 
57... probably going to join the ranks of OWNER this weekend... The wife has ok'd the purchase of 'another one?'. It only cost me a cruise to Alaska... got off cheap.
 
45. Got it because the CBs were the bikes all the "cool guys" had when I was a youngster in the 70s. I actually painted a "CB" label on the minibike my grandfather built for me when I was 10, (genuine Briggs & Stratton Junkyard vintage). By the time I got to buying age for a real "muscle bike" (and could afford one) all the manufacturers were busily slapping huge chunks of ugly plastic all over their products. This motorcycle is like a boyhood dream reincarnated for me. 1,200 miles and absolutely loving it. It'll be a member of the family for a long time to come.
 
Gentlemen,

I got my motorcycle drivers license on my 16th birthday but I actually started riding on the street at age 13 and never got caught. I rode to work every day in the summer and rode to school. I'm 57 today and I've never been without at least one motorcycle in all those years.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

I got my motorcycle drivers license on my 16th birthday but I actually started riding on the street at age 13 and never got caught. I rode to work every day in the summer and rode to school. I'm 57 today and I've never been without at least one motorcycle in all those years.

Chip
b72d919ccdd6995885768a0eea7dd90a.
Awesome. I didn't start riding until I was 26. I don't know what took me so long.
 
Back
Top