Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

YIKES!!!

And I'll bet that guy was youEmptySea_imp said:I knew a guy who crashed and injured his left hand, his left elbow, his left hip, his left knee, and his left foot.
He's all right now.
![]()

If anyone else is interested in the Peru story I can start a thread.Cormanus_imp said:Well, Rocky, glad you recovered well, and it's good you can use your left as well,as your right hand, but why do t you enlighten us is with the story of your crash?
OK, I'm about to have lunch, but will come back and tell the story.EmptySea_imp said:Seat time....and yes, there are lots of people interested in PERUsing your story.![]()
[my previous post was also a pun, just in case people wondered]
Strange isn't it. I'm somewhat the same way.CIP57_imp said:Primary strength on the left side but I use both. I throw lefty bat lefty and kick Lefty shoot a bow lefty. Everything else is done from the right side golf, pool, eat, write, bowl, Pistols and rifles.
I saw Charlie Boorman doing this on one of the episodes of Long Way Round or Long Way Down (don't remember which). He had injured his right hand during the Dakar Rally and it would start to hurt him after some time on the bike. He did exactly as you described with his left hand. I hope I'm never that tired and unable to stop that I have to do it myself! I saw some inexpensive throttle devices at the Long Beach motorcycle show that act as a sort of cruise control, allowing you to completely remove your right hand from the bars and maintain speed. I'd get one of those before any long trip where I expect long stretches of freeway.Inline4_imp said:On longer rides (straight line ONLY!), I like to rest my right hand and arm and control the throttle/steer with my left hand. Of course I can only do this at speeds above 40mph or so.
Several years ago, my g/f and I drove from Memphis to St Louis to buy an 83 CB1100F. On the way back my right arm got so tired that I rested it by controlling the bike with my left hand for a couple miles. God forbid I had to grab a handful of front brake!YIKES!!!
Anyone else ever done this? :biker:
Cormanus, you certainly are a Renaissance man. You cover quite the spectrum with that statement.Cormanus_imp said:I'm right handed but do odd things like sweeping and chopping wood left handed. I've no idea why.
And I bet you float with the best of them. Third nipple, by chance? I'm getting a large stake and some kindling ready, just in case...Aussie_imp said:I'm a lefty..
Haha! Nicely done.EmptySea_imp said:I knew a guy who crashed and injured his left hand, his left elbow, his left hip, his left knee, and his left foot.
He's all right now.
![]()